Ferguson unrest

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your kind and interesting responses.

I look forward to other fascinating exchanges with Canadian experts on American culture and race.

My responses were not representative of a canadian expert on american culture and race. This is where you seem to be confused. I am still confused as to why you have a problem with canadians weighing in on issues in America when you have no problem weighing in on Canadian issues. Where is the difference exactly? Did we finally find your sweet spot?

My responses were not representative of a canadian expert on american culture and race. This is where you seem to be confused. I am still confused as to why you have a problem with canadians weighing in on issues in America when you have no problem weighing in on Canadian issues. Where is the difference exactly? Did we finally find your sweet spot?

There is no comparison.....most Americans don't know what happens in Canada, don't care, and don't care that they don't know. But Canadians on the other hand, can't get enough of what happens "south of the border" or "in the states". As member MH once posted...they think they are Americans because they watch so much Yankee televison...this makes them EXPERTS !

That's a good point and it reminds me of an iterview I heard just today with Quincy Jones. He said his father told him once that the reason God gave us one mouth and two ears is that we should listen more than we talk. Apparently that wisdom doesn't apply to BC.

Yes, I mean Brown, not Ferguson, my mistake. I certainly have more clue than you might expect. I just don't get why you push back at Canadians. This thread is about Brown, not Sammy. Are canadians not allowed to extend their support for issues beyond our border? Is that a problem for you?

Well hes obviously got a serious Canada complex. Maybe he was diddled by a Canadian uncle as a child or something. In any case you validate his little act by responding to him... nobody is forcing you to.

There is no comparison.....most Americans don't know what happens in Canada, don't care, and don't care that they don't know. But Canadians on the other hand, can't get enough of what happens "south of the border" or "in the states". As member MH once posted...they think they are Americans because they watch so much Yankee televison...this makes them EXPERTS !

No actually, we watch americans in action because canadians in action are boring! Canadians also understand americans know nothing about Canada. We get that! Tell us something we don't know. I have no clue what MH once posted.

Now you speak for most Americans do you? So why would you paint them into that frame of "the ignorant American" if you're such a fan?

No actually, we watch americans in action because canadians in action are boring! Canadians also understand americans know nothing about Canada. We get that! Tell us something we don't know. I have no clue what MH once posted.

Good...we agree that far more Canadians are gazing "across the border" than Americans gazing back at Canada. We get that too !

You have to...including what happens in Ferguson, Missouri, because Canada is arguably the most boring nation on earth, according to this Canadian:

Why is Canada So Boring?

http://rantswithintheundeadgod.blogspot.com/2013/09/why-is-canada-so-boring.html

It's boring because we've mostly dealt with racism, health care, multiculturism, our environment, space travel...Why is America so f'ed up? Maybe you should look outside your borders for some hints.

We had another thread where a cop in Manitoba shot a first Nations kid and although I supported the kid, most people here were crying that the cop was warranted to shoot him because they figured the kid could've been dangerous if approached. Here we have a big dude that apparently approached a police car, gave the cop a few good shots to the face and possibly wrestled his gun away to where the gun went off - and the consensus is that that is OK.

I'm not on the cop's side here, but it's not a stretch to think that even though the guy tried taking off, the cop may have felt he was still in danger. Maybe the guy runs a few feet and turns with a gun - who knows what was going through this cops mind during all this but having a guy grab your gun and having a shot go off in your car has to be pretty scary.

Personally, I think that if a white guy had done what Brown did, he'd also be dead

Lets just wait and hear the other side.

A lot of our early black population in Canada came north after you guys got rid of your hideous slavery. They knew better than think that the striking down of a law was going to change many redneck "minds"

Did they stay in Canada? Were they integrated into Canadian society? How many black Canadian hockey players are there?

Personally, I think that if a white guy had done what Brown did, he'd also be dead

If white people kicked up a fuss every time a black man murders white people there would be no end to rioting ever.

If white people kicked up a fuss every time a black man murders white people there would be no end to rioting ever.

And imagine if Jews went bonkers every time there was a terrorist attack or swastikas scrawled on synagogues and graves?

Have any you heard this, it's a friend of the family telling the other side on a talk show. I guess there's no way it can be verified but hear for yourself. She says ballistics will prove he was not shot in the back, among other things...

http://danaloeschradio.com/alleged-friend-of-officer-darren-wilson-offers-his-side/

Then your TV sucks if we are getting the wrong impression from it.