Ferguson unrest

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never proposed to solve racist problems in America but when I see blatant issues, I have no problem speaking out about it. I'm not sure why you are trying to muzzle my support for rights of a teenager in Missouri. What exactly is it, that bothers you about this. You seem to really have an issue when white folks speak out in support of black folks, especially when it's canadians vs americans. I don't get your anger about this. Am I crossing the line because i'm a white canadian?

Solve your own "racist" problems in Canada before graduating to being the liberal benefactor of "black folks" in America.

A lot of our early black population in Canada came north after you guys got rid of your hideous slavery. They knew better than think that the striking down of a law was going to change many redneck "minds"

...You seem to really have an issue when white folks speak out in support of black folks, especially when it's canadians vs americans. I don't get your anger about this. Am I crossing the line because i'm a white canadian?

You can post whatever you wish, and it causes amusement over anger. I have no idea what "race" members are nor do I particularly care, finding the whole concept to be a dubious social construct of questionable value. I would think the American vs. Canadian experience would be far more relevant than "race".

Historically, "black folks" in the U.S. have been used as pawns in a cynical "white folks" political game that labels all as "victims".

Edited by bush_cheney2004

You can post whatever you wish, and it causes amusement over anger. I have no idea what "race" members are nor do I particularly care, finding the whole concept to be a dubious social construct of questionable value. I would think the American vs. Canadian experience would be far more relevant than "race".

Historically, "black folks" in the U.S. have been used as pawns in a cynical political game that labels all as "victims".

No idea what you are talking about. However, I am glad it causes you amusement rather than anger. In this thread, I was pointing out Ferguson being gunned down after he had 'surrendered'. You can think what you want about white canadians supporting a 'black' teenager. I would have done the same if this happened in Canada.

No idea what you are talking about. However, I am glad it causes you amusement rather than anger. In this thread, I was pointing out Ferguson being gunned down after he had 'surrendered'. You can think what you want about white canadians supporting a 'black' teenager. I would have done the same if this happened in Canada.

I assume you mean Michael Brown...not Ferguson, which is the name of the city. That you would not understand what I am talking about is exactly what I mean about Canadians (in general) not having the slightest clue about the wider topic. What was the "race" of the man (Sammy Yatim) shot on the Dundas streetcar ? Is his race important or not ? Do you know or care ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Historically, "black folks" in the U.S. have been used as pawns in a cynical "white folks" political game that labels all as "victims".

"I have no idea" truest words you've spoken so far.

I assume you mean Michael Brown...not Ferguson, which is the name of the city. That you would not understand what I am talking about is exactly what I mean about Canadians (in general) having the slightest clue about the topic in general. What was the "race" of the man (Sammy Yatim) shot on the Dundas streetcar ? Is his race important or not ? Do you know or care ?

Yes, I mean Brown, not Ferguson, my mistake. I certainly have more clue than you might expect. I just don't get why you push back at Canadians. This thread is about Brown, not Sammy. Are canadians not allowed to extend their support for issues beyond our border? Is that a problem for you?

Yes, I mean Brown, not Ferguson, my mistake. I certainly have more clue than you might expect. I just don't get why you push back at Canadians. This thread is about Brown, not Sammy. Are canadians not allowed to extend their support for issues beyond our border? Is that a problem for you?

I suspect he is jealous of Canada/Canadians.

I assume you mean Michael Brown...not Ferguson, which is the name of the city. That you would not understand what I am talking about is exactly what I mean about Canadians (in general) not having the slightest clue about the wider topic. What was the "race" of the man (Sammy Yatim) shot on the Dundas streetcar ? Is his race important or not ? Do you know or care ?

The Yatim case is about as much of an embarrasement to Canada as the Brown case should be to the US.Our bad cop has been charged with murder. How about your bad cop?

Interesting...you will not answer direct questions and didn't even know the name of the victim, but I am the moron ?

You have also violated forum rules yet again with the same infraction.

Of course I knew the name. I have violated forum rules yet again and with the same infraction! Dam! Best you ignore. Are you man enough to take it?