Ferguson unrest

"People are coming in with fear in their eyes and they're saying they need something to protect their house," said Steven King, owner of Metro Shooting Supplies, a gun shop in the St. Louis suburb of Bridgeton. "They're scared to death."

So, who are these people protecting their houses from? Who are they scared to death of? The police or each other, there has already been shootings between the rioters.

Why is it that these people that are shot, such as Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin, always turn out to be hardly model citizens? And while you're at it tell me why there is a fury when the background of these "victims" are revealed? Could it be that an officer, or in the case of George Zimmerman a private citizen, have to react in a split instant, making a judgment call as to whether they're in danger?

Maybe some of these people aren't dangerous but they sure look menacing. Maybe appearing rebellious or dangerous may not be good for one's health.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that these people that are shot, such as Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin, always turn out to be hardly model citizens? And while you're at it tell me why there is a fury when the background of these "victims" are revealed? Could it be that an officer, or in the case of George Zimmerman a private citizen, have to react in a split instant, making a judgment call as to whether they're in danger?

Maybe some of these people aren't dangerous but they sure look menacing. Maybe appearing rebellious or dangerous may not be good for one's health.

Before you start trashing Martin and Brown, take a look at who Zimmerman turns out to be.

Before you start trashing Martin and Brown, take a look at who Zimmerman turns out to be.

I'm sure Zimmerman is not my choice for a lunch meeting. But my point is that these victims are no cup of tea either.

I'm sure Zimmerman is not my choice for a lunch meeting. But my point is that these victims are no cup of tea either.

And they are dead and Zimmerman walks free as I suspect the cop in Ferguson will. At least in Canada we are not afraid to bring the law to bear even against who are supposed to uphold it. I refer to the streetcar shooting in TO.

And they are dead and Zimmerman walks free as I suspect the cop in Ferguson will. At least in Canada we are not afraid to bring the law to bear even against who are supposed to uphold it. I refer to the streetcar shooting in TO.

I don't see what Martin/Zimmerman has to do with this, and you seem to imply that the cop is guilty...why? Is it because there is an uprising.

This cop, no matter the outcome, has surly had his life (and his family's life) as he knows it taken away. Even if he goes free, his career is done and he's likely headed for witness protection. I suspect he and his family are already in hiding - or at least heavy protection.

Aren't you concerned that an innocent man could go to jail forever in an effort to appease a lynch mob

I don't see what Martin/Zimmerman has to do with this, and you seem to imply that the cop is guilty...why? Is it because there is an uprising.

This cop, no matter the outcome, has surly had his life (and his family's life) as he knows it taken away. Even if he goes free, his career is done and he's likely headed for witness protection. I suspect he and his family are already in hiding - or at least heavy protection.

Aren't you concerned that an innocent man could go to jail forever in an effort to appease a lynch mob

There certainly are similarities between the cases. And you seem to inply the cop is innocent. The courts will have their say assuming any charges are ever brought. And I'm just as concerned a guilty man goes free and get's away with murder.

There certainly are similarities between the cases. And you seem to inply the cop is innocent. The courts will have their say assuming any charges are ever brought. And I'm just as concerned a guilty man goes free and get's away with murder.

The only similarities are that there were 2 different races of people involved...and possibly that a black man aggressively accosted someone with a gun (but that remains to be seen). How about the similarities between the 90% of black on black murders? You're all buying into this as purely race related, which in a sense, absolves Brown from wrongdoing.

And yes, the cop is innocent...until proven guilty.

"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer". Isn't this the mantra of liberals?

Edited by Hal 9000

The only similarities are that there were 2 different races of people involved...and possibly that a black man aggressively accosted someone with a gun (but that remains to be seen). How about the similarities between the 90% of black on black murders? You're all buying into this as purely race related, which in a sense, absolves Brown from wrongdoing.

And yes, the cop is innocent...until proven guilty.

"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer". Isn't this the mantra of liberals?

There are many similarities. One difference is that Brown got shot by a real cop, and Martin got shot by a wanna be cop. The timeline shows the real cop had no idea Brown was involved in anything illegal. Apparently he was in the middle of the road where he should not have been. But I don't think you need to get shot for that.

There are many similarities. One difference is that Brown got shot by a real cop, and Martin got shot by a wanna be cop. The timeline shows the real cop had no idea Brown was involved in anything illegal. Apparently he was in the middle of the road where he should not have been. But I don't think you need to get shot for that.

We don't know that for sure - but we'll find out, we also don't know what Brown knew that the cop did or didn't know and suspected he was caught and was gonna what he had to do to get away.

Why would the NRA involve itself? Aside from a mention in their weekly newsletter (to members) on a spike in gun sales in St Louis County in response to the initial rioting and looting, I fail to see what the NRA could contribute…….Have the protestors been denied their Second Amendment right in any way?

As to “jack-booted law enforcement”, the NRA provides training to both Law Enforcement and Military policing…….why would they bight the proverbial hand that feeds?

The NRA would have jumped all over this if this were a white kid shot dead. They'd be shouting from the rooftops, 'get your guns because we need to defend ourselves from the militarized police force.' This is a perfect opportunity for them to do some grandstanding, but they are strangely so very quiet.

The NRA would have jumped all over this if this were a white kid shot dead. They'd be shouting from the rooftops, 'get your guns because we need to defend ourselves from the militarized police force.' This is a perfect opportunity for them to do some grandstanding, but they are strangely so very quiet.

Actually, the NRA doesn’t jump up and down every time a white person has been shot by police……As I said, the NRA has a direct working relationship with the “militarized police force”, added to many LEOs and military being members of the organization.

Again, has anyone taken away the 2nd Amendment rights of any of the protestors?

If it was a white guy, we'd probably never even knew it happened. If it was a black cop, we'd probably never have heard about it either. Certainly wouldn't have attracted race baiter Al Sharpton - you never see him at a black on black killing.

.....Again, has anyone taken away the 2nd Amendment rights of any of the protestors?

Not that I can see, with lots of thanks due the NRA who have joined court amicus briefs in support of a citizen's right to own and bear arms.

I also wonder why there is no rioting over the number one perpetrator of gun homicides against black males...other black males.

Mychal Massie writes in The Daily Rant:

The outcries of “they’re out to get us” in the aftermath of the Brown shooting, is at best incoherent hyperbole, if not outright chthonic idiocy, when you consider that approximately 8,000 blacks are murdered by other blacks every year. But the intellectually dishonest black intelligentsia would rather dismiss that troubling factoid.

In my article titled: “Appalling Disregard For Black Life By Other Blacks,” (5/27/14; mychal-massie.com) I wrote: “Black race-mongers can decry the reality of the pandemic of black-on-black crime, but hour after hour, city after city, the one constant [is] that blacks [are] ruthlessly murdering one another. … Blacks are killing one another and they are doing so on a level commensurate with wild animals. That cannot be blamed on white people; it cannot be blamed on slavery; it can only be blamed on a total disregard for life based on a disregard for modernity.”

http://mychal-massie.com/premium/michael-brown-shooting-excuse-for-blacks-to-riot/

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Actually, the NRA doesn’t jump up and down every time a white person has been shot by police……As I said, the NRA has a direct working relationship with the “militarized police force”, added to many LEOs and military being members of the organization.

Again, has anyone taken away the 2nd Amendment rights of any of the protestors?

Looks like I spoke too soon!

Here are some quotes from the NRA and other conservatives:

Gun Appreciation Day founder Larry Ward lamented:

"I think Martin Luther King, Jr. would agree with me if he were alive today that if African Americans had been given the right to keep and bear arms from day one of the country's founding, perhaps slavery might not have been a chapter in our history."

William Kostric repeated Thomas Jefferson's credo that "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots."

Michele Bachmann declared "I want people in Missouri armed and dangerous on this issue."

Glen Back warned that "violence will come" and with it, "rivers of blood."

Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association (NRA) explained how he would keep rogue cops in line:

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Rush Limbaugh put the needless tragedy in Ferguson in its full historical context:

"If a lot of African-Americans back in the '60s had guns and the legal right to use them for self-defense, you think they would have needed Selma? If John Lewis, who says he was beat upside the head, if John Lewis had had a gun, would he have been beat upside the head on the bridge?"

So there you go! They have spoken out.

Not that I can see, with lots of thanks due the NRA who have joined court amicus briefs in support of a citizen's right to own and bear arms.

Exactly…..despite the narrative of some, the 2nd amendment applies to black people too……..and of course, blacks are able to join the NRA………Charlton Heston did march with MLK back in the 60s.

Edited by Derek 2.0

Exactly…..despite the narrative of some, the 2nd amendment applies to black people too……..and of course, black are able to join the NRA………Charlton Heston did march with MLK back in the 60s.

In many so called "urban centers" of U.S. cities live black citizens and families who are constantly victimized by crime from a chronic element of lawless behaviour. Gun ownership is their logical response, despite the inherent risks of gun thefts and accidental shootings. We teach children how to "hit the deck" at a young age.

In many so called "urban centers" of U.S. cities live black citizens and families who are constantly victimized by crime from a chronic element of lawless behaviour. Gun ownership is their logical response, despite the inherent risks of gun thefts and accidental shootings. We teach children how to "hit the deck" at a young age.

Despite that though, Blacks only represent ~15% of American gun owners.

Looks like I spoke too soon!

Here are some quotes from the NRA and other conservatives:

Gun Appreciation Day founder Larry Ward lamented:

"I think Martin Luther King, Jr. would agree with me if he were alive today that if African Americans had been given the right to keep and bear arms from day one of the country's founding, perhaps slavery might not have been a chapter in our history."

William Kostric repeated Thomas Jefferson's credo that "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots."

Michele Bachmann declared "I want people in Missouri armed and dangerous on this issue."

Glen Back warned that "violence will come" and with it, "rivers of blood."

Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association (NRA) explained how he would keep rogue cops in line:

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Rush Limbaugh put the needless tragedy in Ferguson in its full historical context:

"If a lot of African-Americans back in the '60s had guns and the legal right to use them for self-defense, you think they would have needed Selma? If John Lewis, who says he was beat upside the head, if John Lewis had had a gun, would he have been beat upside the head on the bridge?"

So there you go! They have spoken out.

As I've said before, when the last American shoots the second last American he should give Canada a call and we'll go down there and straighten out the place.