How Trudeau is winning my vote

it's not a difficult question. Not sure why you've taken exception to a simple request. Are you sure you actually have that explanation you're not even going to try to convey? Again, as a long ago sunk/abandoned British ship looking for a "Northwest Passage" route, what exactly is the, as you phrased it, "great discovery for the nation"?"

Since you are not into history it would be a waste of time,so just chill out, listen to a little Mungo jerry and enjoy the rest of the day.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you are not into history it would be a waste of time,so just chill out, listen to a little Mungo jerry and enjoy the rest of the day.

again, it's not a difficult request. You shouldn't have so much difficulty in relating why it's a, as you said, "great discovery for the nation". I see the significance of the British intent to find the passage route, I see the British may find this significant to answering some aspects of one of their long past expeditionary trips (hence the Queen's response to the find)... I'm needing some help in better understanding the significance to Canada of finding a lost/sunk/abandoned British ship.

You are pathetic. This is a great discovery for the nation.

Yeah. It's a great discovery. I didn't say it wasn't. What's flipping pathetic are the likes of you praising Harper (Hallelujah!) for finding it, as if you give a crap about history, arts and culture. It's like you're living in a god damned fantasy world where your Conservatives haven't been slashing funding for these things for a decade. Give it a rest with your Hail Harper propaganda, BS.

Edited by cybercoma

Never mind, if it needs to be explained then there is no use trying to. Makes me sad how people just don't care anymore about the countries history or the history of the north, it is all about themselves.

I am surprised every year how very few Canadians bother to visit the heart and soul of Canada, the place that makes it unique on the planet- the North of course.

There are at least as many German tourists as Canuckistani visitors in the Yukon in the summer, or it seems that way. Whitehorse(population 28,000) has daily flights direct from Frankfurt in summer months!

Oh did he? Do you have any idea what Responsible Government is and why it's ridiculous to say Harper put up the resources?

Come on, quit being a idiot. He is the leader of the country and he wanted this to be found .He did more then any other PM and they found it. It gets quite sickening listening to people like you with your blind hate . If harper gave you a million bucks, you would whine. Grow up. And don't worry about reporting that I hurt your feelings, I will be banned by morning.

He is the leader of the country

Not even that's true. The Sovereign is the head of state. Harper is the head of government. You really don't understand how our government works, do you? Yet you have no problem calling me an idiot. You're the perfect example of the Dunning Kruger Effect.

Edited by cybercoma

Come on, how many times have you voted Tory in federal elections? You're a dyed in the wool liberal thinking person, so you've voted either Liberal or NDP in federal elections. Starting a thread suggesting that JT is "winning" your vote seems more like an effort at winning votes for him.

I have no idea what you mean by this? I started the thread in response to the other thread 'Why JT is losing my vote'.

Harper was the one that put up the resources to find this, he deserves some credit, but that seems impossible on this board. So enough of the slashing funding BS . And what was the slashing 10%?

Obviously you haven't followed Harper's budget slashing to Parks Canada over his tenure. They are the folks who did actually find it. For Harper to now show his smarmy smile now, is nothing more than sleazy.

Harper was the one that put up the resources to find this, he deserves some credit, but that seems impossible on this board. So enough of the slashing funding BS . And what was the slashing 10%?

Obviously you haven't followed Harper's budget slashing to Parks Canada over his tenure. They are the folks who did actually find it. For Harper to now show his smarmy smile now, is nothing more than sleazy.

I get confused by what quotes you are responding to OGFT?

I get confused by what quotes you are responding to OGFT

I'm sorry about that. Something ain't working righ here as of yesterday. When I click on "post" it doesn't want to do what it normally does, such as just now. I will try to fix. Again, sorry.

ok, I get it!

Not even that's true. The Sovereign is the head of state. Harper is the head of government. You really don't understand how our government works, do you? Yet you have no problem calling me an idiot. You're the perfect example of the Dunning Kruger Effect.

Nitpicking are we. Nice try.

Edited by PIK

Voting based on a leader alone is like picking a book by its cover.

I dont vote for a leader. IF I vote, I vote for a person that I think will do a good job representing my riding, and for a party that I think has the best chance of taking the country in a direction Im confortable with.

In the present political culture, the leader IS the party, and is very nearly all powerful to mold the party and its policies in his or her own image. Your local MP is a nobody who will do as he's told or be whipped into shape or driven out of the party.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/09/08/brent-rathgeber-from-an-ex-tory-mp-confessions-of-a-former-trained-seal/

Come on, quit being a idiot. He is the leader of the country and he wanted this to be found .He did more then any other PM and they found it. It gets quite sickening listening to people like you with your blind hate . If harper gave you a million bucks, you would whine. Grow up. And don't worry about reporting that I hurt your feelings, I will be banned by morning.

Oh no what would we do without this kind of insightful commentary.

In the present political culture, the leader IS the party, and is very nearly all powerful to mold the party and its policies in his or her own image. Your local MP is a nobody who will do as he's told or be whipped into shape or driven out of the party.

On this point I had hoped Harper was going to practice that grassroots democracy he preached as a Reformer. Unfortunately, he turned out to be the most iron fisted, PMO-centric leader we've had.

On this point I had hoped Harper was going to practice that grassroots democracy he preached as a Reformer. Unfortunately, he turned out to be the most iron fisted, PMO-centric leader we've had.

Agreed. His was going to be a more democratic party, and a more open one. Instead it's the Gollum party, scrunched over the powers and information it possesses and glaring around at anyone who wants a share. "Mine! Mine! My precious!"

One needs to look no further than Brent Rathgeber to see how far Harper has come. The things Mr. Rathgeber talks about and promotes are the values that the Rt. Hon. Prime Minister himself talked about when he was opposition leader. I don't agree with most of the positions Rathgeber takes, obviously, but on democratic reform he's absolutely right.

Agreed. His was going to be a more democratic party, and a more open one. Instead it's the Gollum party, scrunched over the powers and information it possesses and glaring around at anyone who wants a share. "Mine! Mine! My precious!"

I guess memories of the LPC reign grow fonder with distance. Any memories of Sponsorship? Shawinigate? Is there any scandals of that degree of substance or gravity? I doubt it.