Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

I think having two women on the ticket would be great for american politics. After all, the only people who wouldn't like this idea wouldn't vote for Hillary anyway.

There are many reasons to not have Hillary as president. Benghazi is just one on a looong list.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many reasons to not have Hillary as president. Benghazi is just one on a looong list.

I think the US are suckers for train wreck politicians.

Explains why Rob Ford is a smash hit in the US!

I'm sure Hillary will make a run, kind of soon to be guessing who the running mate will be. Why not just start guessing who she would pick for different secretaries?

WWWTT

Benghazi is just one on a looong list.

Benghazi is a nothing conspiracy theory that even FOX News has dropped as it has zero resonance with the public, much like the War on Christmas and that guy in Nevada who doesn't recognize the US government.

In terms of understanding how things work in Washington, she would be the best president since Bush I or Nixon, or maybe Johnson.

Benghazi is a nothing conspiracy theory that even FOX News has dropped as it has zero resonance with the public, much like the War on Christmas and that guy in Nevada who doesn't recognize the US government.

In terms of understanding how things work in Washington, she would be the best president since Bush I or Nixon, or maybe Johnson.

She will be a disaster. All promising hope and change like every 'President' before her. And if you think she is the best thing since Bush OR Nixon, then you may want to set your standards just a little higher.

Benghazi, Whitewater, Valarie Plame ...... let's take a look back at her shady past shall we?

Fox and the BBC are the only ones still providing updates on the incident.

And that guy in Nevada has a lot of support. I know a couple that went to back up the rancher. They drove the BLM out. The media spin on that was atrocious. So if you expect any unbiased or real reporting from the MSM regarding Benghazi, then you are in more trouble than you think. I may have to start a thread about the rancher.

Make no mistake here....Benghazi would come back with a vengeance in campaign ads. "What difference at this point does it make? "

if you think she is the best thing since Bush OR Nixon, then you may want to set your standards just a little higher.

I never said that. You consistently misread things, and have a very elementary desire to paint everything in terms of "good" or "bad". I do that from time to time, but I resist it as that kind of analysis is too subjective and basic too.

Benghazi, Whitewater, Valarie Plame ...... let's take a look back at her shady past shall we?

None of that will play. She's ahead in the polls so how do you explain that ? Do you think people will be reminded of Whitewater in 2016 and change their vote ?

And that guy in Nevada has a lot of support. I know a couple that went to back up the rancher. They drove the BLM out. The media spin on that was atrocious. So if you expect any unbiased or real reporting from the MSM regarding Benghazi, then you are in more trouble than you think. I may have to start a thread about the rancher.

Well, I'll bite - what did FOX and the others get wrong then ? That he owed money ? That he vowed to use violence ? That he doesn't recognize the US and A ? That he made racisty generalizations about "the Negro" to media ?

Not that he's a "bad" man, but I'm just wondering what the MSM got wrong on this, other than covering this story in the first place.

Make no mistake here....Benghazi would come back with a vengeance in campaign ads. "What difference at this point does it make? "

Transcript:

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?

I don't know what difference it makes either.

Right, I posted the transcript as you may have seen. Why will that testimony help her opponents though ? I don't get it.

Many Americans don't need or want to see the "transcript"....context is secondary to her shrill response to the questions as to why the Americans were dead. Campaign managers get it.

Ah, style trumping substance, as happened with Romney. Well, that's too bad. I'm sure the dems will have a response.

I'm sure they are already working on it. Isn't "style trumping substance" the reason that Americans (and Canadians) watch the show ? This thread even strives to predict her running mate.

Isn't "style trumping substance" the reason that Americans (and Canadians) watch the show ?

Especially Canadians. Our politics are boring and conducive to addressing issues.

My friend was Moroccan and he said that their ballots used to offer two choices:

What do you want ?

[] Monarchy

[] Other - please specify __________

They couldn't ever get consensus on anything other than option 1. :D

No, they just like to think they do.

I wouldn't say everybody in the west does, but as a Canadian, I do feel as thought American leadership is important. A strong Canadian economy is only possible when America's economy is also strong. And in my opinion, the current president has done much damage to the American economy. Needless damage, which as a result, impacts us north of the border.

Doesn't matter...her Benghazi testimony is gift wrapped for the next campaign cycle.

Exactly. I'm not sure why some people consider it some kind of conspiracy. The first American ambassador was killed in something like 30 years. He was stationed in a place that was deemed severely dangerous, but for some reason his requests for security were neglected. The battle on the embassy lasted over 7 hours, but nothing was done to even lift a finger to help. And the whole event was blamed on a YouTube video, which was later completely debunked. And after all of thise, she has the nerve to say what difference does it make, when people were asking legitimate questions. Add to that, the complete and utter disaster of a Russian "reset" by her and her department, and you've got the makings of some serious campaign problems.

Unfortunately for her, most Americans don't see her reset with Russia as joyful as her and the Russian foreign minister back in '09.

hillary-clinton-russia_reset-300x214.jpg

Obama had a uphill battle to start with and any President to be is going to have the same problems, when the debt is over 17 T and past presidents are just as much to blame for the mess the US is in.

This is about Hillary Clinton, not Obama. But for the record, Obama will have added more debt by the end of his term, than all previous presidents combined. ALL of them. Heckuva job Barry!

Actually Fox News dropped that guy after he said that "the Negroes" are unemployed because they never learned to pick cotton, and they were better off during slavery.

Why did they go there? Is it because they're stupid? Start that thread, I'm looking forward to it.

-k

Hate to say it, but I'm kind of with Shady here: the idea that the person should be chosen based on identity-politics credentials is pretty sick.

Although, one might argue that a decision-making process like "We'll pick Biden because Obama needs an old-white dude to reassure old white voters" or "Mitt needs a young dynamic running mate, so we'll pick Ryan" is also identity politics. One could also make the case that "we need a VP candidate who will excite the evangelicals" or "we need a candidate that will get the Tea Party faction behind the ticket" or similar considerations are also, in a sense, identity politics.

-k

This is how politics works and it isn't going to change anytime soon. If Hillary goes with a Hispanic, or woman or whoever, I am sure she will pick someone with far more intelligence and political savvy than Palin.