Moderating Mapleafweb's Moderation

Argus

BTW - Why are you so irritating and insulting to people?

I honestly ask myself the same question of you. At first I thought maybe it was to invoke a negative reaction as you clearly did in the thread in question, however after giving this some reflection, I think you have convinced yourself your faulty perceptions are truth and are incontestable. I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for you.

Edited by Spiderfish

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer - why? So you can go on another tirade.

I don't do the tirade thing. That's you and your pedestal.

Why would you deserve an answer to any question? I am certainly not answerable to you.

Certainly true. But this is a public forum. I'm sure everyone here is interested, given your definition of a racist includes anyone with the slightest doubts about Islam, even those who don't want to segregate kids because Muslims object to them being together. You've stated anyone with such doubts is akin to a KKK type giving Nazi salutes. How does your mind reconcile that with over 80% of Canadians wanting to ban your beloved niqab?

Yes, it is not allowed to call a person a racist unless they are fine with being called such.

Calling somebody stupid is an obvious insult - not allowed.

Considering how often the word gets thrown at people and how seemingly the reaction to the word gets more reprisals than the word itself, I can only think you are dishonest, or don't understand.

Well, maybe we should clear up the misunderstandings by naming who those people are. We can also ask all the posters who self identify with being homophobes and misogynysts too.

I'm gonna say right here, I feel offended and attacked when i'm called racist, homophobe, bigot or misogynyst.

yes, please tell us, which of us have self identified as racists so we will know in the future that we appreciate being called racists and therefore know we shouldn't complain when we find it offensive or think that it's an effort to shut down debate...

it's such a disingenuous argument, no, it's a ridiculous argument,

Does banning the niqab include banning nuns' habits? Or is that "different"?

You don't understand what this discussion is about, o, of course you think you have it all figured out, but as usual, and as is common for some of you, the level you're thinking on is a few below some of the rest of us.

Now feel free to make another self righteously indignant and tangential post the infers people must be racist without actually coming out and saying it, simply because you think apples are the same as oranges.

Yawn.

Edited by poochy

There are very few posters who are OK with the 'racist' label and I am not going to out any current positions on posters' identities. In the past I think maybe it was Mr. Canada.

If it's not clear what a poster feels about this, then better to steer clear of insulting fellow posters and derailing.

I honestly ask myself the same question of you. At first I thought maybe it was to invoke a negative reaction as you clearly did in the thread in question, however after giving this some reflection, I think you have convinced yourself your faulty perceptions are truth and are incontestable. I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for you.

Thank you for your pity. I am sure it is honest and from the heart.

BTW - Perception is reality to the person doing the perceiving. That is why I do not say that yours is faulty, I sat that it is the "r" word. Perception is greatly influenced by attitude, understanding and tolerance (or lack of such).

I suggest that you do a little more reflection - perhaps looking into a mirror.

I don't do the tirade thing. That's you and your pedestal.

Certainly true. But this is a public forum. I'm sure everyone here is interested, given your definition of a racist includes anyone with the slightest doubts about Islam, even those who don't want to segregate kids because Muslims object to them being together. You've stated anyone with such doubts is akin to a KKK type giving Nazi salutes. How does your mind reconcile that with over 80% of Canadians wanting to ban your beloved niqab?

You do not deserve answers from me.

You have called me every name that this site will allow, you have tried every insult of which you are able, you have accused me of every vile thing that you can think of, your have reported my posts and you keep whining to the mods. When are you going to get the message? I want to spend minimal time with you and move on.

What are you going to do next, bite my legs off?

Passing Through

Edited by Big Guy

Does banning the niqab include banning nuns' habits? Or is that "different"?

Irrelevant. I've no intention of replaying the niqab discussion. I'm trying to make the point that if you believe anyone who questions Islam is a 'racist' akin to the KKK and Nazis then you have to basically conclude the entire country is racist.

Edited by Argus

You do not deserve answers from me.

Once again using righteous indignation to mask a total inability to deal with a simple, rational question.

Edited by Argus

Irrelevant. I've no intention of replaying the niqab discussion. I'm trying to make the point that if you believe anyone who questions Islam is a 'racist' akin to the KKK and Nazis then you have to basically conclude the entire country is racist.

Oh, but it's very relevant because it shows that your issue is not about women's rights. I could go through a number of other examples where you've shown not to care a whit about women's rights and have even fought counter to them. But why bother? You don't see that your double-standards and hypocrisy fall along racial/cultural lines and you're never going to because then you would have to admit that your positions are racist and bigoted. You're not ready to face that reality and stand up for your so-called principles. Instead, you'll continue to make strawmen like the one above.

Also, you're right. Anyone who does question Islam is simply too blunt-minded to understand that there's as much difference between Muslims themselves as there are difference Muslims and everyone else. The fact that you can't understand things unless they're in binary terms of us vs them does make your position racist or in this case bigoted. You can't for one second understand that no one has a problem with you denouncing violence against women, the abhorrent acts of violence carried out by terrorists, or the fascist rule of tyrants.

The problem is when you say Muslims think this or Muslims do that, you insult the Muslims who've put their lives on the line for this country and our wars, who are proud to call themselves Canadian, who denounce the acts of terrorists at home and abroad. The fact that you absolutely refuse to see that we fought in Afghanistan and we're in the Middle East to protect Muslims is the problem.

Painting Muslims with the same broad brush that you paint daesh and tyrannical regimes is in fact bigoted because all "those people" are the same to you when you make arguments like that. The fact that you can't show compassion for refugees who've fled war and strife because you think they're scum without knowing a damn thing about the people we've approved to come here demonstrates that you can't separate terrorists from the people we're protecting and shows that you have nothing but blind prejudice for anyone who's not part of whatever you think your culture is.

You forget that there are political struggles in those countries just as there are in ours and that people have very different beliefs and opinions despite coming from the same area and having the same religion. You ignore that protesters have been murdered standing up to regimes in order to have more progressive countries. You ignore the struggle of Muslim women, like those who held a banner up in protest at the Rio Games.

Instead, you talk about how they are all knuckle-dragging, goat f******, scumbags. You refuse to show compassion to those we've fought to protect and in doing so you bolster groups like ISIS who feed on the isolation that you create. You're no better than the terrorist sympathizers because your rhetoric reinforces the US vs THEM mentality that terrorists thrive upon. Instead of looking for similarities and ways to include people to keep them from becoming radicalized, you're literally helping groups like ISIS who want to drive a wedge between us.

So excuse me for calling out your disgusting, hate-filled arguments that you want to pretend is just dispassionate reasonable policy. You couldn't even explain the immigration process to Peter F when pressed to do so. You've made a mockery of rape trials here in Canada. So pardon me for not buying into your alleged concern for women's rights and your concern for immigration law. It's really quite obvious what you're doing here. You've found an outlet for your hate-mongering and insipid bigoted views and you will thinly veil them in discussions about issues that you have a well-established history of not giving a flying s*** about. So if you don't like being called a racist and a bigot, then perhaps you should take a moment to reflect on why so many people have firmly pegged you as one.

Oh, but it's very relevant because it shows that your issue is not about women's rights. I could go through a number of other examples where you've shown not to care a whit about women's rights and have even fought counter to them. But why bother?

Well, because it would show you had even the slightest credibility. But then, you don't HAVE even the slightest credibility.

You don't see that your double-standards and hypocrisy fall along racial/cultural lines

I don't have a double standard. I have one standard for everyone, regardless of race, religion or nationality. Your problem, like other social justice warriors, is your eyes bug, your hair stands on end and a fit of rage comes over you whenever I dare to criticize any group you hold to be 'protected'. Because, after all, it's your sacred calling to protect them from being disparaged.

Also, you're right. Anyone who does question Islam is simply too blunt-minded to understand that there's as much difference between Muslims themselves as there are difference Muslims and everyone else

Yes, you and the other Islam apologists say this a lot. What you refuse to consider is that there are also a lot of similarities between Muslims, especially since their religious texts are extremely misogynistic and most of them come from extremely misogynistic cultures (just coincidence?)

So excuse me for calling out your disgusting, hate-filled arguments that you want to pretend is just dispassionate reasonable policy. You couldn't even explain the immigration process to Peter F when pressed to do so. You've made a mockery of rape trials here in Canada. So pardon me for not buying into your alleged concern for women's rights and your concern for immigration law. It's really quite obvious what you're doing here. You've found an outlet for your hate-mongering and insipid bigoted views and you will thinly veil them in discussions about issues that you have a well-established history of not giving a flying s*** about. So if you don't like being called a racist and a bigot, then perhaps you should take a moment to reflect on why so many people have firmly pegged you as one.

But I have no respect for the intelligence or wisdom of those people. They've clearly demonstrated through numerous posts that they are zealots of the far left and have closed, ignorant minds.

And your bitter, raging, insult-laden posting style is why I put you on my ignore list in the first place. Clearly you haven't changed. You're still wrapped in an almost violent hate for anyone who doesn't share your extremist viewpoints, and as such this will be the last time I read or respond to anything you write.

Edited by Argus

Well, because it would show you had even the slightest credibility. But then, you don't HAVE even the slightest credibility.

He has a lot more credibility than you do.

this will be the last time I read or respond to anything you write.

We should all be so lucky.

You're right. He did make some good points.

I guess pointing out that it's incredibly ignorant to boil down complex sociopolitical problems in the Middle East to an "us vs them" mentality when there's Muslims in our own military, that we defend Muslims over seas, and that Muslim protesters die in their own countries to try and invoke change, is an "extremist viewpoint." I guess we should just ignore all that and consider anyone who follows Islam to be a knuckle-dragging troglodyte. Nevermind the fact that Muhammad Ali, Janet Jackson, Shaq, Dr. Oz, Dave Chappelle, Ice Cube, Cat Stevens, and a bunch of other famous Americans are Muslims. They must all be part of the Muslim plot to destroy the world, right? They must all believe in instituting Sharia Law and covering women in burqas. The fact that he sees no difference between Muslims is the bigotry. The fact that he can't denounce the violence and oppression for being violence and oppression and has to resort to insulting their culture and religion in the process is bigotry.

But whatever, I'm just a radical extremist.

Once again using righteous indignation to mask a total inability to deal with a simple, rational question.

Does putting someone on your "ignore list" absolve you from answering his questions?

I will provide an answer to this question: Big Guy yields the floor to the very articulate, sensitive, analytical and informed Governor of the great state of Reality - cybercoma

Why would I (or anybody) report a post with where they are called a racist if you're just going to assume that some people (can't imagine who) don't mind the tag.

Nobody said that. Mod staff is NOT just going to assume that some people do not mind the tag.

Why would you (or anybody) respond to an inaccurate label?

If a fellow member posts an insult or a personal attack, report it and ignore it. Do not respond in kind.

There are very few posters who are OK with the 'racist' label and I am not going to out any current positions on posters' identities. In the past I think maybe it was Mr. Canada.

If it's not clear what a poster feels about this, then better to steer clear of insulting fellow posters and derailing.

I hardly think it's "outing" somebody if they're already out... or OK with the racist label.

Whatever...maybe i'll just ask; Who here is Ok with being called "racist"?

Regardless, to allow people to throw out racist (or misogynyst, or homophobe) just because you assume there is a poster who is OK with being called such, is simply irresponsible and asking for problems.

Nobody said that. Mod staff is NOT just going to assume that some people do not mind the tag.

Why would you (or anybody) respond to an inaccurate label?

If a fellow member posts an insult or a personal attack, report it and ignore it. Do not respond in kind.

Whatever dude, you're the boss!

I'm just trying to figure out whether you're OK with people shouting down everything they disagree with by hurling these insults or whether you really don't see it. I've told Michael that I don't think he actually understands how or when a troll post happens, but maybe there's something else going on here.