What improvements would you like to see in this discussion forum?

Greg

why would a gov t agency waste resources to post here on mlw. A board so small that it doesn't really matter at all in the broad scope of things.

It would make more sense to infiltrate the news comment boards since it has a much larger readership.

With the technology, even posting on a two-bit forum like this would have been quite easy. I swear I have already seen it.

With the technology, even posting on a two-bit forum like this would have been quite easy. I swear I have already seen it.

. I'm not saying it isn't possible "GostHacked" but seems unlikely because people here are gavalized in their opinions. No one to potentially sway IMO.

I cannot speak to others but I discuss politics outside if this forum quite a lot. I like politics because it is one thing that directly shapes our society.

. I'm not saying it isn't possible "GostHacked" but seems unlikely because people here are gavalized in their opinions. No one to potentially sway IMO.

I cannot speak to others but I discuss politics outside if this forum quite a lot. I like politics because it is one thing that directly shapes our society.

I like reading a wide range of views, even those I vehemently disagree with. I have no problem with a member like Bush/Cheney. Some want him banned. Why? I'd much rather have the opportunity to put him in his place than cry and beg for him to be banned.

What I dislike the most of this forum is the persistent whiners who feel they are the world's gift to an internet forum? I also dislike the whiners who have nothing better to do than to accuse members of having multiple accounts. They never provide any proof.

I like reading a wide range of views, even those I vehemently disagree with. I have no problem with a member like Bush/Cheney. Some want him banned. Why? I'd much rather have the opportunity to put him in his place than cry and beg for him to be banned.

What I dislike the most of this forum is the persistent whiners who feel they are the world's gift to an internet forum? I also dislike the whiners who have nothing better to do than to accuse members of having multiple accounts. They never provide any proof.

How does that statement involve old people being not evolved with respect to learning as you?

You are not getting it.

I posted the government troll link earlier in an update when I returned to this site.

You know what happened?

Nobody commented on it.

I found this particularly odd.

I expected to see comments about tinfoil hats and conspiracy theories.

But zilcho!

I personally believe a couple "trolls" here on this site want to steer clear from the topic!

WWWTT

I agree with you my man. Sometimes we seem to think a like. Its so funny.

Its like you two share a brain !

Still, post of the week.

Guyser exemplifies the point I just made. He throws out a random comment without any merit. His antics are the kind that bring a solid forum down, adding absolutely nothing of use to a discussion.

"Government" or politics have been using and manipulating anonymous bulletin boards for many years. I have been involved in local elections and use these boards extensively.

At least a year before an election, we find out which are the popular boards (blogs) in the electoral area. We create an avatar on each board. We develop a "virtual reality" personality on each that is repulsive, arrogant, argumentative, demeaning others and basically makes posters as angry as possible without crossing the parameters of the particular board.

We establish our closest competitor in the election, have our avatar strongly support that competitor and slag our candidate. We have found that eventually, most posters promise to not only not vote for the competitor, but sometimes vote for the first time for our candidate - "just to stick it to that jerk".

It works.

"Government" or politics have been using and manipulating anonymous bulletin boards for many years. I have been involved in local elections and use these boards extensively.

At least a year before an election, we find out which are the popular boards (blogs) in the electoral area. We create an avatar on each board. We develop a "virtual reality" personality on each that is repulsive, arrogant, argumentative, demeaning others and basically makes posters as angry as possible without crossing the parameters of the particular board.

We establish our closest competitor in the election, have our avatar strongly support that competitor and slag our candidate. We have found that eventually, most posters promise to not only not vote for the competitor, but sometimes vote for the first time for our candidate - "just to stick it to that jerk".

It works.

Why are you telling us this?

Sounds like I have to give this site another 2 month red flag.

WWWTT

It works.

Totally scummy

I myself now look at MLW second or third when I go to post rather than first. That means, on a busy day, I may not get to it at all.

What's first?

Varies between city-data.com's forums, americanwx.com's PR roundtable and others. Given my political preferences sometimes Rabble.

On this one I fear that one wrong step could lead to a suspension. I am a serious poster and not a troll but it is not fun when I have to be so ridiculously careful.

Edited by jbg

To WWWTT and Guyser2 - I shared that info with you because it is the truth. It is common practice in politics and used by every party either directly or through fervent supporters.

What I am trying to warn you is don't believe what you see on public anonymous bulletin boards. There is a reason why they are anonymous.

Until we have a balanced representation of men vs women it is a real struggle to debate issues. I have not been given a good reason why we can't add sub categories attracting female members. It's all about SEO. Please tell me why we are not encouraging female members to this political forum. Is it because the founding member is not up to speed on SEO or perhaps there is another reason because quite frankly I am left in the dark as to the decisions about my requests.

And I won't give up until I get a satisfactory response. Don't we need legitimate members to counteract the trolls?

Edited by WestCoastRunner