Videos posted by users turning out to be blank

Sleipnir

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=22183&page=10

Not sure if its only me, but I'm coming across youtube videos posted on here suddenly appears blank (example is above).

Anyone else getting this?

They do not show up for me when I am browsing from work. Firewall/proxy blocks in on all sites.

Guest American Woman

Has anyone else been prevented from posting images? I tried to post one to the Cartoons and Lampoons thread and I was informed that I have reached my image limit.

I get that message constantly, it seems; ie: whenever I try to post an image. You have to make your post and then edit to add the image - then it will let you do it. At least that's been my experience.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else been prevented from posting images? I tried to post one to the Cartoons and Lampoons thread and I was informed that I have reached my image limit.

I used to have that problem too. Try clicking that "switch" button on the top left side of the option bar, then click post....that usualy works. Cybercoma gave that tip from another thread.

I haven't had trouble with videos, but have been having the same issue with images as the others. I am glad to hear there is a work-around, but it seems like the editing interface is starting to go senile or something.

-k

• Forum Admin

Yes, I've identified that there are issues.

We're going to need to apply another upgrade, as these bugs seem to be inherent in this version of the forum software.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Greg.. Any way to revert to a previous version? That was stable and no bugs? One site I admin is hosted by NING, and when they push an update we tend to have glitches on the website with forums and chat abilities. Although looks like a different platform than what NING uses.

• Forum Admin

No. The security updates are often tied to the upgrades, which means you get the good with the bad.

Gone are the days when we could wait till a version is 100% stable, before upgrading. As incidents of hacking/exploits have risen considerably over the past few months.