Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

Ya, who cares if Ford hated gays? I have no love for them either. I guess that makes me some kind of homophobic hater, uhmm?

No, It just makes you a homophobic. If you were a homophobic hater then you would hate those who are homophobic. Ford was homophobic so would be hating Ford.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, It just makes you a homophobic. If you were a homophobic hater then you would hate those who are homophobic. Ford was homophobic so would be hating Ford.

English is an imprecise language, often with ambiguous phrases. The term could be interpreted as either hating homophobes, or a homophobe who hates.

Ya, who cares if Ford hated gays? I have no love for them either. I guess that makes me some kind of homophobic hater, uhmm?

The difference is Ford was the mayor of the largest city in Canada and you are not. You may be a relic on the wrong side of history, but your hatred for a sexual orientation likely does not impact many people. Ford on the other hand was a very public figure, whose words and actions reflected on the entire city.

English is an imprecise language, often with ambiguous phrases. The term could be interpreted as either hating homophobes, or a homophobe who hates.

It could only mean whatever you wanted if you didn't put it into context. Why on Earth wouldn't you do that if you truly wanted to remove all ambiguity?

What I meant to say is that I don't like gays and their lifestyle. And I agreed with Ford on his feelings towards gays. Let them keep their activities in the closet where it belongs. I don't want to hear about their way of life and their agendas. All cleared up, I hope?

The difference is Ford was the mayor of the largest city in Canada and you are not. You may be a relic on the wrong side of history, but your hatred for a sexual orientation likely does not impact many people. Ford on the other hand was a very public figure, whose words and actions reflected on the entire city.

That also should work with other politicians also. Many show their biases all the time. But Ford being a conservative, he must be attacked for his beliefs, beliefs that he should be entitled too, even as a politician. All it means is that Ford would not get a certain segment of peoples votes. Tough luck.

What I meant to say is that I don't like gays and their lifestyle. And I agreed with Ford on his feelings towards gays. Let them keep their activities in the closet where it belongs. I don't want to hear about their way of life and their agendas. All cleared up, I hope?

Very clear. Thanks for taking the time to clarify your position.

That also should work with other politicians also. Many show their biases all the time. But Ford being a conservative, he must be attacked for his beliefs, beliefs that he should be entitled too, even as a politician. All it means is that Ford would not get a certain segment of peoples votes. Tough luck.

I attack traits and decisions I don't like in all politicians. Politics shouldn't be treated like a team sport and bigotry shouldn't be tolerated by anyone.

I attack traits and decisions I don't like in all politicians. Politics shouldn't be treated like a team sport and bigotry shouldn't be tolerated by anyone.

Pretty much most of the media and our politicians and special interest groups appear to be the ones that continue to show and encourage bigotry and intolerance towards people who try and rock the boat of political correctness. Those mentioned above are not promoters or enthusiasts for the truth or freedom of speech. They join together to fight whom I like to call patriots. Rob Ford was not one of them, and so he must go. Remain loyal to political correctness, and your background will not be exposed. Challenge it, and you become a marked man/woman. At least that is the way I see it.

Don't be a hypocrite and you won't be exposed.

Say's you? And who are you to call me a hypocrite anyway? Is it because you like the corrupt system in which we are forced to live under, and anybody who dares to challenge it in one way or another has to be the bogeyman? In my humble opinion, I think that Canada is full of parrots, who will only do or say what their masters teach them to say or do. In other words they will only listen and will only believe what their politicians or the media tell them, without question, and they are only there to fight and protect their interests and rights, and bring them the truth. Chuckle-chuckle.

Pretty much most of the media and our politicians and special interest groups appear to be the ones that continue to show and encourage bigotry and intolerance towards people who try and rock the boat of political correctness.

It's now become common practice for hateful, a-holes to label themselves as being anti-PC. As if that's a good thing. Being dumb, hateful, bigoted, misogynistic, violent or against evidence, science and facts shouldn't be celebrated. Especially if those traits reside in our political leaders.

• 3 months later...

They were right all along. That was so fake.

But back to reality, is anyone going to take back the ridiculous accusation that the reporters should have waited for a forensic investigation of the video before reporting what they saw?

Edited by BubberMiley

I get the impression you said the Star reporters were lying and don't like being told the truth because you were so horribly wrong. Classy.

Let's see if you can find me saying that anywhere.

You and squid making false accusations. Typical.

What a callous comment from someone who is always trying to portray himself as someone who is morally "above" everyone else on this message board. I guess nobody from Big Guy's family has ever been caught up in drugs. I guess Big Guy's family is perfect in every way. What a cad.

Smoke implied his drug use was legit in this post.