Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look like RoFo will be doing a Perp walk anytime soon.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-case-at-a-crossroads-5-questions-1.2597770

I would think that the Toronto police chief is having lots of sleepless nights when he sees the Ford polls surge ahead!

3 more years of Ford will probably give Blair an early heart attack or something?

WWWTT

I would think that the Toronto police chief is having lots of sleepless nights when he sees the Ford polls surge ahead!

3 more years of Ford will probably give Blair an early heart attack or something?

WWWTT

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss RoFo just because the cops have backed off, for now. We all know he has a criminal record, hangs out with criminals, smokes crack, and lies. Add obesity to that and I can see heart attack written all over it. I doubt the police are finished, and if he doesn't collapse first I wouldn't be surprised if Blair doesn't get the chance to put the cuffs on him

RoFo is a walking heart attack and he is still under investigation. The stress of running for Mayor, combined with the investigation and other stuff going on is certainly not good for his health. His days are numbered.

I'm sure you're very concerned for his health.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss RoFo just because the cops have backed off, for now. We all know he has a criminal record, hangs out with criminals, smokes crack, and lies. Add obesity to that and I can see heart attack written all over it. I doubt the police are finished, and if he doesn't collapse first I wouldn't be surprised if Blair doesn't get the chance to put the cuffs on him

No not at all. I don't think the police chief of TO really likes Ford, so I'm sure he wants to get rid of him. A criminal conviction would certainly do that if Ford somehow won the lottery and gets re-elected! But we'll see how it plays out.

WWWTT

The following is a good example how Ford is attitude of his problems with drugs but its also can be heard from some other politicians in other levels of government.

Ford has his problems, but has it anything to do with you except entertainment?

You may have your own problems too, you need to pay more and more income tax, purchase tax, property tax each year, and the quality of the services you received are worse and worse. Don't you think you need someone who is willing to do some real work like Ford to do it?

What will be your choice?

Do you just prefer enjoy continue paying for the politicians for them to endlessly quarrel about Subway -> LRT -> Subway -> LRT for another decades and let the cost increase and use tax dollars feed those consulting companies forever?

In the meantime, on the other side of the earth, in WuHan in China, a city that you may never heard of, 3 new subway lines and many high speed railway lines have been built in recently several years.

Ford has his problems, but has it anything to do with you except entertainment?

You may have your own problems too, you need to pay more and more income tax, purchase tax, property tax each year, and the quality of the services you received are worse and worse. Don't you think you need someone who is willing to do some real work like Ford to do it?

What will be your choice?

Do you just prefer enjoy continue paying for the politicians for them to endlessly quarrel about Subway -> LRT -> Subway -> LRT for another decades and let the cost increase and use tax dollars feed those consulting companies forever?

In the meantime, on the other side of the earth, in WuHan in China, a city that you may never heard of, 3 new subway lines and many high speed railway lines have been built in recently several years.

Buddy, you can't compare any North American city with that in China! Even internationally!

Nanning, Guangxi is also building a subway system (however they will start with only 6 stops, but I'm sure will add on for many years).

Shenzhen is also expanding its metro lines!

Public transit in China is immensely popular and will always be at the forefront there! (not to mention very attractively affordable!)

But getting back to Ford, do you think a politician like Ford would ever survive in a country like China?

WWWTT

Buddy, you can't compare any North American city with that in China! Even internationally!

Nanning, Guangxi is also building a subway system (however they will start with only 6 stops, but I'm sure will add on for many years).

Shenzhen is also expanding its metro lines!

Public transit in China is immensely popular and will always be at the forefront there! (not to mention very attractively affordable!)

In China, they build, maybe at same time they corrupt.

In Canada, they quaaral, at same time they ask for salarys, include those on the sunshine list, but they don't build.

That is the reason we need someone who is willing to build and cut cost.

But getting back to Ford, do you think a politician like Ford would ever survive in a country like China?

WWWTT

Do you think Tory, Stintz, Soknacki, or Chow would survive in China?

In China, they build, maybe at same time they corrupt.

In Canada, they quaaral, at same time they ask for salarys, include those on the sunshine list, but they don't build.

That is the reason we need someone who is willing to build and cut cost.

Do you think Tory, Stintz, Soknacki, or Chow would survive in China?

Corruption is pretty much everywhere.

I would imagine that if you look at the actual amount or per capita percentage convicted, they would be comparable numbers. But I don't know without looking at any stats. Nothing really sticks out however.

As far as they other politicians go, yes they would fair much better than Ford!

The laws are different there and Ford would probably be in jail already! He wouldn't even get elected in the first place.

WWWTT

Here's the link because I didn't believe it!!!!!

http://on.thestar.com/PPvI25

Also, one of the actors from the now cancelled show Trailer Park Boys (but I think there's a third movie just released) is also on his campaign team????

They must be doing this for some kind of publicity or air time.

Anyways, the best of luck to Rob Ford retirement this fall.

WWWTT

Bubber, lets not go off on a tangent here but boges is right, suppressed tests were invoked and most should have been stripped but werent.

Tangent over now, back to regularly scheduled argument.

RoFo and Dofo have got to be the biggest idiots around, can they not hear people laughing at them....Ben J and TPB ?

Oh my the comedy

Edited by Guyser2

Just came across a good column about the Ford brothers, and in particular, what Doug has said about Rob.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/samuel-getachew/toronto-black-population_b_5138412.html

These guys are filled with so much BS, I find it difficult to believe anything that comes out of their mouths!

WWWTT