Why our mindsets are so different

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine, but it was easy to point to such an action in a Canadian province even as NRA suggestions are ridiculed, and as you stated, there is no powerful "gun lobby" at play.

It's ironic isn't it, that these pseduo-superior wizards of smart ridicule policy that's in place in their own country, province, and even city. Another time for a facepalm emoticon.

It's ironic isn't it, that these pseduo-superior wizards of smart ridicule policy that's in place in their own country, province, and even city. Another time for a facepalm emoticon.

Holy crap what a dumb post. People cant ridicule something being proposed for the US because its done in Canada? laugh.png

Go ahead and tell us why Shady! Use your big kids words!

And look up the definition of irony while youre at it.

Edited by dre

Only when it's Canadians doing the ridiculing....looks really ...dumb.

Well you think that because you have this wierd obsession with Canada, and you define your national identity as "not canadian". But the reality is that lots of people in Canada ridicule all kinds of stuff our own government does, and lots of things that happen in Canada.

The people that ridicule the idea of putting armed guards in US schools would probably ridicule the idea of doing that here in Canada as well.

Actually b_c is doing a wonderful service here. It's so much fun ridiculing the US with him around, we don't pay attention to tall the things inviting ridicule in Canada. b_c is probably a Harper plant and not American at all.

I dunno. Iv never seen an armed guard in any canadian school ever. As much as I may disagree with Mr Harper on some things, I think if he was going to plant people to post on internet forums he would pick people with at least an elementary grasp of simple logic. BC is just a wierdo American with a bizzare obsession about Canada. Theres not reason to read anything into it beyond that.

Well, I can only express my greatest appreciation for your longstanding obsession with the United States and one of its 315 million citizens. The least I can do in return is give a modicum of attention that some Canadians so desperately seek from the "elephant" that ignores them, even if it means highlighting the well documented !American identity crisis, neurosis, and inconsistency.

Stated differently, if a tree falls in a Canadian forest, does it make a noise if not heard by an American ?

Actually b_c is doing a wonderful service here. It's so much fun ridiculing the US with him around, we don't pay attention to tall the things inviting ridicule in Canada. b_c is probably a Harper plant and not American at all.

I am an American and am not enjoying the attacks on my nationality. B_C no more represents Americans than I do or my wife and/or kids do.

That being said B_C has had a rich diet of attacks for me over the years, which are noted.

As far as the subject of this post I made a substantive comment above to which there was no response. That is so typical on this board.

I am an American and am not enjoying the attacks on my nationality. B_C no more represents Americans than I do or my wife and/or kids do.

That being said B_C has had a rich diet of attacks for me over the years, which are noted.

The mods have routinely warned against any brand of personal attacks, including yours. There is no need for such attacks if you play this game well. Typing another member's user name in a direct personal attack is moderator bait and just plain stupid.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

The mods have routinely warned against any brand of personal attacks, including yours. There is no need for such attacks if you play this game well. Typing another member's user name in a direct personal attack is moderator bait and just plain stupid.

I do not make personal attacks.

I think all that hulabaloo about Obama's second inauguration revealed a difference between the mindsets of Americans and the rest of the western world. I mean, he swore his oath of office on Jan 20th which is always the date of the oath of office for every president.

That is fine. Why bring all that circus on the following day? He had already been one day into his second term.

Guest American Woman
I think all that hulabaloo about Obama's second inauguration revealed a difference between the mindsets of Americans and the rest of the western world. I mean, he swore his oath of office on Jan 20th which is always the date of the oath of office for every president.

That is fine. Why bring all that circus on the following day? He had already been one day into his second term.

Not sure what you're getting at here .....

Because the US Constitution requires the formal proceedings and oath(s), which are quite separate from the informal celebrations. Continuity and transition of power are very important to American government.

Not sure what you're getting at here .....

That you're full of yourselves in a way that other western countries generally aren't, in short (I'm not saying that in a good or bad way, it just is)....I think it has something to do with the system of government too thought...I don't know if there is any other western country that shares it (there probably is, I just can't think of any - and here will come BC with a map of the western hemisphere by system of government, completely misunderstanding the point).

That said, if the monarch were to die in the UK, and a new one was crowned, it would be a big deal and just as public.

Edited by Smallc

Guest American Woman

That you're full of yourselves in a way that other western countries generally aren't, in short (I'm not saying that in a good or bad way, it just is)....I think it has something to do with the system of government too thought...I don't know if there is any other western country that shares it (there probably is, I just can't think of any - and here will come BC with a map of the western hemisphere by system of government, completely misunderstanding the point).

That said, if the monarch were to die in the UK, and a new one was crowned, it would be a big deal and just as public.

You beat me to it. The Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace involves a bit of pomp and circumstance, too. On a daily basis. Not to mention the wedding of Will and Kate.

I've never understood the "full of yourselves" mindset. We do it for us.

Edited by American Woman