The Truth About Benghazi

Benghazi aside, I don't quite understand the liberal appeal of Hillary Clinton.

Is it her remarks about flattening Iran? Her position in an administration that murders at will? Or her once-position on the board of Walmart?

.....Scratch that. Her Establishment liberal credentials are strong indeed.

It's the admiration of her from some on the lefty end of the "liberal" spectrum that baffles.

Benghazi aside, I don't quite understand the liberal appeal of Hillary Clinton.

....It's the admiration of her from some on the lefty end of the "liberal" spectrum that baffles.

Hillary Clinton was going to be a lock for female POTUS in 2008 after President Bush, but she was derailed by a stronger candidate with greater "lefty" appeal (since betrayed). As stated before, race trumps gender in such things.

So now she can get a redo......maybe.

Yes, she may well get her redo. time will tell. And I agree with your assessment.

As for what many see as Obama's betrayal...some on the Left were saying from the beginning--before the election, even--that the idea of Obama tracking far to the left of the Democratic power core would be institutionally impossible, or at least unlikely.

As I remember, one could get a sense from Obama supporters that such critics were, well...ruining the party, as it were.

It really must be that the GOP can't get over Romney's screw up in that debate that literally clinched the presidency for Obama. They really do need to just get over it.

Why can't they stick with Obamacare as their issue?

Ohhhhhh, riiiggghhhttttt! They're on the wrong side of that one too.

So how about the colour of Obama's skin? That's been time tested and proven to work in that country!

This is not about Romney. This idiot Hillary Clinton could be the next POTUS. Look at it for what it is.

While I have little affection for Clinton, no country that survives eight years of George Bush needs to be concerned that Hillary isn't smart enough for the job.

Edited by Argus

While I have little affect for Clinton, no country that survives eight years of George Bush needs to be concerned that Hillary isn't smart enough for the job.

I agree that Hillary is no idiot. She's just not all that compentent of a person, and if it wasn't for her sex, and name, she'd have aboslutely no shot at winning anything.

I agree that Hillary is no idiot. She's just not all that compentent of a person, and if it wasn't for her sex, and name, she'd have aboslutely no shot at winning anything.

Probably true, but the same could have been said of George Bush

No kidding. People vote for their own reasons, race, colour, and Benghazi being near the bottom for most.

I mostly agree. I don't think it matters much to people. to the mainstream media though, it's all they care about. It's the meme they pushed in 2008, and it will be the meme they push in 2016. Records mean nothing.

You mean when he said something like "a few years ago he'd be getting our coffee" ?

I think it had more to do with him downplaying Obama's primary win in South Carolina by mentioning that Jesse Jackson had also won the primary in the past.

Anyways, back to Benghazi.

Prosecutor Trey Gowdy is pretty amazing at this press conference. I'd urge anyone who doesn't know what questions need to be answered, to watch and listen to the litany of questions, and then get back to me.

Starts at the 1:00 minute mark.

Anyways, back to Benghazi.

Prosecutor Trey Gowdy is pretty amazing at this press conference. I'd urge anyone who doesn't know what questions need to be answered, to watch and listen to the litany of questions, and then get back to me.

1. Because he decided to go there

2. Because the CIA wanted to be there

3. Because the Republicans cut the state department's security budget

4. House defense oversight already dealt with this question, and according to its Republican chair, there were simply very limited assets available.

5. What allies do you think were going to have assets in a city which he's already said had been abandoned by everyone else?

6. Who cares? How does that affect anything?

7. Who cares? How does that affect anything?

8. Who cares? How does that affect anything?

Edited by Argus

Yep, watched it and I'm back. It seems that the rabid right is going to make an issue over Obama saying he was going to get the perps and he hasn't yet. And beside that, they're going to ask a bunch of questions for which the answers have been provided, or if not then they haven't been able to get the answers from all the investigations.

Definitely, Obama should have got the perps by now, because he got Bin Laden and the fact that Bush2 didn't get him for 7 years of his presidency has nothing to do with it. Huhhhh? Ya think?

LOL

Hillary said it, what difference does it make?

They better pivot back to the failure of the ACA again! (snicker)

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but I find the entire kerfuffle here quite odd.

The Obama administration, in keeping with proud tradition, is a profoundly criminal, violent organization. This particular episode scarcely ranks a mention in comparison to other matters....the ethical (and likely legal) rot of many drone strikes, for the most glaring example.

I suppose it's less of a political football because the aristocratic little gangsters (aka "The Republican Party") are quite onboard with murderous drone strikes...a few fringe exceptions, both in the Republican and Democrat parties, notwithstanding.

You're right bleeding heart. The only redeeming factor with drone strikes is that they kill slightly more discriminately. It could be cruise missiles into China's embassy or one into an aspirin factory. Or even huge bombs destroying Iraqi air raid shelters full of women and children?