Omar is back

PIK

I suspect he will be released shorly and the city of TO will give him a hero's welcome, parade and all. Then I imagine the CBC will give him his own show or he will be running for the NDP in the next federal eletion.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/09/29/omar-khadr-repatriation.html

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it a leftist who started this thread ? What is the purpose of this thread other than bringing more attention to this person ? Does anybody else see the paradox of starting a thread like this proclaiming that the left will be making a hero of this person 'soon' ?

Why trump these things up to be more than they are ?

Was it a leftist who started this thread ? What is the purpose of this thread other than bringing more attention to this person ? Does anybody else see the paradox of starting a thread like this proclaiming that the left will be making a hero of this person 'soon' ?

To pick a fight naturally.

So the rest of us can not have a opinion on what is going to happen? So very leftist of you.

I'm not surprised that supporters of Canada's vendetta against Omar Khadr are so quick to give a little nod and a wink towards sexual abuse in our justicevengeance system too.

I think you'll find prison sex in EVERY country, Mr eyeballs. Ten+ years is a while to wait...but, I'm sure ol' Omar merely read his Koran since he's a good Muslim according to his family and friends.

I think you'll find prison sex in EVERY country, Mr eyeballs. Ten+ years is a while to wait...but, I'm sure ol' Omar merely read his Koran since he's a good Muslim according to his family and friends.

Raping of young kids in afghanistan is normal, I wonder if the old man offered him up to his buddies.

Guest American Woman

I would hope so, maybe he will go to another war zone and someone will finish him off...

I can't help but wonder if he will be able to go back and forth between Afghanistan and/or Pakistan et al upon his release - or if he will be under some sort of restriction, considering his crime.

Your opinion is of no interest here. Discussion is what this board is for.

"Now what ?". What do you think ? He serves his sentence. Not that interesting.

Like I said ,that is very leftist of you. We will have to wait and see , and I am putting my money on that he will be made a hero by the left. Just wait for the day he is released, it will be very intertesting. So how long before he is released, 3-6 months or less? Or can we make stay in jail for a couple more decades.

Nothing to do about right or left. Stating an opinion isn't a discussion. Debate the points.

That's right, Omar's treatment has a lot more to do with issues between the governed and government - the top and bottom or libertarian vs authoritarian.

As for the issues between the left and right, I'm more interested in knowing why so much more of the right is so much more supportive of authority. I take more issue with that every day because I think it's such a dangerous threatening trend.