Omar is back

PIK

That ship sailed when the good burghers of T-Dot elected Rob Ford as mayor.

Because he is fat or because of the constant attacks on him, by a very hatefull paper? Imagine if they out that effort to every mayor and what they could find?? Only the elitist snobs hate him. Put up the video and vote him out.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Wait till he is set frree and the city of TO embarresses the country by holding a hero's welcome for him. He will be on city council before to long.

No matter what you may think of him, he was robbed of due process. He was 15 years old and in a war zone. Let's see, how would you like it if you were charged with something and then thrown in jail for 10 years without given the ability to have a day in court while an idiot like George W Bush takes a pen and strokes away the right of habeus corpus. I doubt you'd be happy with that? And in any case, he wouldn't probably be the first criminal on TO city council.

I think we should protect our own first... From scum like the Khadrs..

The below is resounding with all Canadians,, dont get left off of the island!

The resolution states that any Canadian citizen, "whether by birth or by naturalized grant of Canadian citizenship or by claim of landed immigrant or refugee status" who "takes up arms against the Canadian Forces or the Forces of Canadas Allies automatically invalidates his or her Canadian citizenship or claim" and "should be tried for high treason under the Canadian Criminal Code" if they return to Canada

In Canada, he'd be tried as a young offender.

The resolution states that any Canadian citizen, "whether by birth or by naturalized grant of Canadian citizenship or by claim of landed immigrant or refugee status" who "takes up arms against the Canadian Forces or the Forces of Canadas Allies automatically invalidates his or her Canadian citizenship or claim" and "should be tried for high treason under the Canadian Criminal Code" if they return to Canada.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/citizenship-gone-if-canadians-fight-against-countrys-soldiers-tory-convention-to-propose/article2040793
Floating this balloon may play well with the xenophobic Conservative core, but it can never become law as it would violate international law:

Citizenship cannot be 'invalidated' if any such person would be left stateless.

Floating this balloon may play well with the xenophobic Conservative core, but it can never become law as it would violate international law:

Citizenship cannot be 'invalidated' if any such person would be left stateless.

I'm sure Afghanistan would be happy to grant mr Khadr his citizenship, then we could take away is Canadian citizenship....along with the entire families....so he could linger in a nice comfortable cell over there . As he has yet to face Afghan courts for the crimes he commited over there....Good piont.

I'm sure Afghanistan would be happy to grant mr Khadr his citizenship,

They could I suppose

then we could take away is Canadian citizenship....along with the entire families....

Which cannot happen due to the Charter, the one you apparently are fighting for....yet here you are in print wanting to violate that. Edited by Guyser2

I'm sure Afghanistan would be happy to grant mr Khadr his citizenship, then we could take away is Canadian citizenship....along with the entire families....so he could linger in a nice comfortable cell over there . As he has yet to face Afghan courts for the crimes he commited over there....Good piont.

Not just Khadr.

Any Canadian child whose family involves him/her in conflict or resistance to (eg) US 'interests' overseas.

And as you mention, Canada would have to negotiate citizenship for them elsewhere first.

Seems to me to be creating a pretty complicated mess.

And now I see Harper has appointed another one of "his boys" to the supreme court, one of those who voted to continue to strip Omar of his rights as a Canadian citizen, so the court moves further to the right. Keep your head down!

I hasten to add I'm not trying to say Omar is guilty of a crime or not, that's up to the courts of course. Taking away citizens rights takes us down into the George Bush gutter. I definitely don't want to go there. And we have a constitution that says we really can't go there. Perhaps we should start electing judges.

Just curious - does anyone know if he will ever be able to (legally) leave the country once he is released from prison?

Ever wonder why George W Bush never leaves US soil? Might be something to do with he could be arrested in any country that adheres to the World Court. That's a place up in the Hague in case you haven't heard of it, where they prosecute people who break international law, such as carrying out illegal wars.

No,never wondered why.

Theres a place on the internet, in case you havent heard of it, that does searches , for free too!

GW has traveled outside of the States.

Yes...Africa in particular. Seems he has a humanitarian interest in the place. However, that doesn't fit into the standard GWB narrative so it must be cut.

Probably one of the few places, and only because of the sorrowful lack of education there. And after all, he never attacked Africa. Probably couldn't find it on the map.

Perhaps you should give the fellow a chance. Not the greatest President...but a good man.