Vote: How do you feel about crime in Canada?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/vote-how-do-you-feel-about-crime-in-canada/article2314957/?from=2367776

At the time I completed it, the trend was prevention and "I feel safe"

What prevention measures are the Conservatives implementing? Assuming that longer, tougher sentences does not necessarily reduce crime (As observed in the US)

I feel safe, but I also run a business and theft is out of control and if you have kids I would be very worried with the amount of drugs coming into cities and small towns, not just some weed but the evil shit like crack and meth. I help out with suicide prevention ,which in turn has shown how drug use is part of the problem. Now with the new oxcy pills out now, with in the next couple of weeks could be scary when the black market oxcys run out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/vote-how-do-you-feel-about-crime-in-canada/article2314957/?from=2367776

At the time I completed it, the trend was prevention and "I feel safe"

What prevention measures are the Conservatives implementing? Assuming that longer, tougher sentences does not necessarily reduce crime (As observed in the US)

Why is smoking pot a crime? Can't we just have people pay for their medical insurance? That way people can't complain they are paying for peoples bad smoking health, and people can't complain they can't smoke pot.

I think crimes like theft and other character crimes should just have the death penalties.

Jail should be abolished, shoot em or make them work. Putting people in cement rooms with iron bars does nothing.

We need to figure out what is crime and what is political crime. We need to remove the political crimes (like smoking pot, speeding and jaywalking), and make real crimes capital offences (like election fraud, murder, and aggravated rape).

We need to kill everyone that intentionally victimizes people, ideally in a long painful way, like flaying tarring feathering dousing in gasoline and rolling down a hill in a lit bale of hay in to a 15 ft punji pit where there are unfed carnivores. Either that or just beat their skull in with a blunt object to save time and money.Dodo style. Like you only need one sludge hammer and a hard surface and a mop. Organ harvesting could pay for those things.

the criminal justice system has been a failure since inception. I bet crime rates would go down under my sledging down on crime program.

The key is, if you don't want to break their skull open for what they did, it probably isn't a real crime. So why waste the courts time, and peoples money?

Edited by MACKER

The key is, if you don't want to break their skull open for what they did, it probably isn't a real crime. So why waste the courts time, and peoples money?

I don't way to split any skulls open so I guess I'm in favor of anarchy???

Also, I wish more people would talk about mental health and crime and stop talking about pot, pot and more pot. It seems peoples biggest issue w the crime bill is how tough it will be on pot smokers. I. Don't. Care. I'm more concerned about it's affect on mental health issues.

I don't way to split any skulls open so I guess I'm in favor of anarchy???

Also, I wish more people would talk about mental health and crime and stop talking about pot, pot and more pot. It seems peoples biggest issue w the crime bill is how tough it will be on pot smokers. I. Don't. Care. I'm more concerned about it's affect on mental health issues.

I agree, mental health needs more attention.

drugs are bad.

especially pot.

Too many people were defined to be criminals according to laws but they actually did not harm to anybody.

Too many real criminals like murders, gun shooters are at large.

Cops are busy catch single mothers, hard working husbands with the help of CAS, and busy give out tickets that the amount of tickets in Toronto each year is more than the number of the residents there.

Courts are as busy as hospitals. Jails are not enough that politician want to build more.

Those are the business that paid with our tax dollars and charity dollars.

I agree, mental health needs more attention.

drugs are bad.

especially pot.

That's just half nuts, not to mention half full of bullshit.

A huge number of mental patients presently incarcerated in Canadian prisons suffer from Feotal Alcohol Syndrome due to poisoning from alcohol that was supplied as often as not by government run liquor stores.

In California pot is often prescribed for morning sickness.

How do I feel about crime in Canada? Actually I reserve most of my feelings, of disgust, for the f*^ing libertarian weenies who voted for the authoritarian nonsense being served up by Ottawa.

So when was the last time anyone heard of a case of marijuana fuelled domestic violence, aside from a Reefer Madness re-run that is?

Odd since hashish got its names from the hashishan assasins, and hash is made from pot.

Sorry that is just a myth: the name 'Assassin' is often said to derive from the Arabic Hashishin or "users of hashish",[1] to have been originally derogatory and used by their adversaries during the Middle Ages. However Amin Malouf states that "The truth is different. According to texts that have come down to us from Alamut, Hassan-i Sabbah liked to call his disciples Asasiyun, meaning people who are faithful to the Asās, meaning 'foundation' of the faith. This is the word, misunderstood by foreign travelers, that seemed similar to 'hashish'

He describes how the "Old Man of the Mountain" (Sabbah) would drug his young followers with hashish, lead them to a "paradise", and then claim that only he had the means to allow for their return.

You don't think stoners play war games for nothin. Zombie madness, no it is trainin for the war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashish

Sure the chance of violence is much less with pot than alchohol but both are depressants.

Edited by MACKER

The overcrowding of prisons remains a major concern and challenge in Canada. As a result, the safety of inmates and staff alike is threatened and, ultimately, that of the public. The Canadian Criminal Justice Association is calling on all jurisdictions and the public to address these issues with a view to bringing about necessary and pressing changes, and to defusing a potentially explosive situation.
Link

This Conservative federal government wants to spend taxpayer money on federal prisons. And the Toronto/Vancouver/MSM/CBC/Quebec francophone nationalist Left disagrees.

Theres no question that we over criminalize... and that should be fixed. Other than that are system is fine, and statistics compare favorably with other developed nations.

I definately dont want to pay any more money for the criminal justice system, so I guess Im fine with the ammount of crime we have.

Too many people were defined to be criminals according to laws but they actually did not harm to anybody.

Too many real criminals like murders, gun shooters are at large.

Cops are busy catch single mothers, hard working husbands with the help of CAS, and busy give out tickets that the amount of tickets in Toronto each year is more than the number of the residents there.

Courts are as busy as hospitals. Jails are not enough that politician want to build more.

Those are the business that paid with our tax dollars and charity dollars.

You could fill the new jails with just the people that uses our old red and white ohip cards that do not belong to them.

By far pot's primary cause of danger, to teens and adults alike, stems from it's being forced underground. Prohibition is what spurred the development of higher potency strains. Smaller amounts are easier to conceal and move.

It's a losing battle.

Speaking of which, anyone seen any documentaries on Mexico lately?

http://www.cbc.ca/gsa/?q=Mexico+drug+war

I wish people would understand that pot is a dangerous drug.

Especially when you look at it terms of Mental Health.

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/natureofthings/2010/downsideofhigh/

See this David Suzuki special on the risks of smoking pot.

I believe the correct way is educate kids in schools to be able to have responsibility to himself, to his family, and to others. That would be more effective, instead of let the kids do whatever they want, jail the parents who want to educate them, and then punish those who does not receive proper education, which is for the legal industry take more tax dollars only.

Edited by bjre

Guest Manny

I wish people would understand that pot is a dangerous drug.

Especially when you look at it terms of Mental Health.

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/natureofthings/2010/downsideofhigh/

See this David Suzuki special on the risks of smoking pot.

Yeah, but it's not like tobacco or alcohol?

So many things are dangerous, so much work for the state to do, to protect people from themselves. Best that we all just stay home and not go outside. Not even do anything at all. Hell, life is too risky.

Yeah, but it's not like tobacco or alcohol?

So many things are dangerous, so much work for the state to do, to protect people from themselves. Best that we all just stay home and not go outside. Not even do anything at all. Hell, life is too risky.

Yes don't smoke pot, go out and participate in "extreme" sports. Nobody ever gets hurt doing that. Play hockey, no chance of a brain injury there.

There is too much crime in Canada. And too much of it goes unpunished, to the detriment of society. I don't particularly care about pot, but I do care about violence. I also care about fraud when it becomes so endemic that everyone dealing with others actually EXPECTS fraud to take place. Example. Auto repairs and sales. The auto industry is rife with criminal, fraudulent behavior which goes unpunished. Contracting and home repair. Even Mike Holmes says 90% of contractors are crooks, incompetents or both. Finance. Banks, insurance companies and investment houses routinely lie to their clients in order to enhance their own profits. I'd run sting operations in all these industries and start arresting mechanics, contractors and mutual fund and insurance salesmen. Imagine how much that would improve life in Canada! All the rest of the people in those industries would get the message and fraud would decline precipitously.

Legalize pot, tax it, use the money to pay down the deficit. Throw mechanics in prison, and we'd all cheer. Throw contractors into prison and the industry would improve immeasurable. You'd probably have a huge surge in renovations if people thought they could actually rely on contractors to do what they promise when they promise for the price they promise. Widespread fraud is a sign of a sick society, and if not addressed it just grows and spreads.