The Defacto Official NFL Thead (was 'Tim Tebow WTH?')

Shwa

No I wasn't alive when they won the Super Bowl. I became a fan during the Marino years.

The theory with this move is that the Jets hired Tony Sporano as OC. He started out the whole Wildcat craze for the Dolphins in 2008. No better Wildcat back than Tim Tebow.

Then again Sanchize was horrible last year and they gave him an extension. :lol:

Ah yes...The Marino years...Or better described as the "Tom Olividotti Swiss Cheese Defence Years!"

Score 30 points...Lose by 35...

I suppose a Wildcat or an Option Read style of offence would suit Tebow's game.He simply does'nt have the strength to be a dominant pocket passer and has more success outside the pocket...

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes...The Marino years...Or better described as the "Tom Olividotti Swiss Cheese Defence Years!"

Score 30 points...Lose by 35...

I suppose a Wildcat or an Option Read style of offence would suit Tebow's game.He simply does'nt have the strength to be a dominant pocket passer and has more success outside the pocket...

Yeah their best Defender during those years was Brian Cox :rolleyes:

They came close in the mid 90's but not close enough. Oh well. Their my team, gotta stick with them.

Tebow isn't a typical pocket passer, but then again the offense Sporano runs isn't typical.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The New York Jets should really consider putting Tim Tebow in at QB to replace Mark Sanchez.

Sure Mark Sanchez isn't the only reason they are sucking the big one this season but he's just not getting it done. Some of those horrific passes he made yesterday against the Dolphins were embarrassing. His pocket presence is abysmal too.

At least with Tebow he can threaten to run.

I think the media and fans are going to force the team's hand here.

Tebow has got to be a better QB than he is at blocking for his punter. :-D

Edited by Boges

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A pretty epic day of football yesterday!

I personally think that if you don't like Peyton Manning, you just don't like football. Manning and Tom Brady are undoubtedly two of the greatest ever, #2 and #3 on the all time wins list, instant Hall of Famers, and it is a treat to watch them.

The Seahawks vs 49ers game was just a streetfight, a brutal matchup between two really tough teams that hate each others' guts. Colin Kaepernick's running ability gave the 49ers the edge early, but his questionable passing smarts was the 49ers' downfall late in the game. The 49ers blew their lead on turnovers, forcing them to go to the passing game in the late stages, and Kaepernick threw some dumb passes to turn the ball over, as well as fumbling the ball while he was scrambling. Kaepernick just rubs me the wrong way. He talks like his IQ is about room temperature, and with his stupid chin-strap beard, tattooed up sleeves, and body-builder physique, he just looks like a tool. Seattle QB Russell Wilson is somewhat the opposite, a composed young man who doesn't blow people out of the stadium with any aspect of his game, but makes smart, efficient, low-risk decisions. He's not a game-breaker, but he doesn't have to be. The Seattle defense is relentless, and Marshawn Lynch and the offensive line eventually just pound the opposing defense into submission.

I think that the Seahawks and 49ers would make it into the top 3 of most experts' lists of the best teams, and it's kind of unlucky for them that they're both in the same division.

The matchup of the Broncos offense against the Seahawks defense is interesting. If anybody can get to the Seattle defense, it's probably Manning. If he can keep them on the field, they'll get gassed. Denver's defense is weak against pass, but strong against the run, so it might force Seattle to throw more than they'd like, especially if they get behind.

I think it's kind of fun that with the big media spectacle of a Noo Yawk Superbowl, it'll be two western teams in the spotlight.

-k

{OMAHA!}

So the Tebow thread is the board's defacto NFL thread?

Tebow will get invited to a camp in the preseason. Apparently he's done a ton of work, and a hundred thousand throwing reps. We'll see if it's true soon enough.

I'm hoping Manning wins another Super Bowl. Go Broncos!

• 2 weeks later...

A pretty epic day of football yesterday!

I personally think that if you don't like Peyton Manning, you just don't like football. Manning and Tom Brady are undoubtedly two of the greatest ever, #2 and #3 on the all time wins list, instant Hall of Famers, and it is a treat to watch them.

The Seahawks vs 49ers game was just a streetfight, a brutal matchup between two really tough teams that hate each others' guts. Colin Kaepernick's running ability gave the 49ers the edge early, but his questionable passing smarts was the 49ers' downfall late in the game. The 49ers blew their lead on turnovers, forcing them to go to the passing game in the late stages, and Kaepernick threw some dumb passes to turn the ball over, as well as fumbling the ball while he was scrambling. Kaepernick just rubs me the wrong way. He talks like his IQ is about room temperature, and with his stupid chin-strap beard, tattooed up sleeves, and body-builder physique, he just looks like a tool. Seattle QB Russell Wilson is somewhat the opposite, a composed young man who doesn't blow people out of the stadium with any aspect of his game, but makes smart, efficient, low-risk decisions. He's not a game-breaker, but he doesn't have to be. The Seattle defense is relentless, and Marshawn Lynch and the offensive line eventually just pound the opposing defense into submission.

I think that the Seahawks and 49ers would make it into the top 3 of most experts' lists of the best teams, and it's kind of unlucky for them that they're both in the same division.

The matchup of the Broncos offense against the Seahawks defense is interesting. If anybody can get to the Seattle defense, it's probably Manning. If he can keep them on the field, they'll get gassed. Denver's defense is weak against pass, but strong against the run, so it might force Seattle to throw more than they'd like, especially if they get behind.

I think it's kind of fun that with the big media spectacle of a Noo Yawk Superbowl, it'll be two western teams in the spotlight.

-k

{OMAHA!}

We're now at half time and the Hawks are up 22-0. Last night I said to my friend I hope it doesn't turn into a 40 zip blow out. Ugh.

Edited by sharkman

Well that was a complete disaster :(

The Seahawks are basically the unofficial home team here in BC so I guess I should be happy for them, and if they'd been playing anybody else I would have been. But Peyton is my favorite player and I was really hoping he'd win today.

I'm not sure if you guys out east knew much about Russell Wilson before today. A couple of years ago when all those young quarterbacks came into the league at the same time we heard a lot about "RG3" and Cam Newton and Tim Tebow, but somehow Russell Wilson didn't get much attention, and I was never sure if because he's short or if it's because he plays out west. Anyway, he's pretty good.

The Seahawks defense is just ruthless and nasty and pulverizing, and the Broncos looked like the Keystone Cops all game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjc3P8bAIeg

-k

Edited by kimmy

• 3 months later...

Short headline:

"Seattle Seahawks waived offensive tackle Garrett Scott with the non-football illness designation."

The full story:

The Seahawks just drafted Garrett Scott. He arrived for his physical, and doctors discovered that he has a rare heart condition that means he might never play football again. The Seahawks had no choice but to cut him.

But before they cut him, they signed him to his first (and last) pro football contract. So, although Garrett Scott's dream of a pro football career has been ended before it even got a chance to start, at least he gets to collect a year of salary and a signing bonus.

It's nice that the Seahawks signed him and paid him a year of salary when they could have cut him without signing to a contract. It's probably small consolation to Garrett Scott, but at least the money should help him get started on whatever path he chooses now that his football dream is over.

-k

• 9 months later...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/tim-tebow-philadelphia-eagles-workout

The news came down from high today at 2:35 p.m. EDT in a moment that will stay etched in your mind forever. You’ll always remember where you were when you heard that Timothy Richard Tebow, formerly of the Florida Gators, Denver Broncos, New York Jets, SEC Network, muscle magazines and millions of dreams worldwide, worked out for Chip Kelly and the Philadelphia Eagles.
Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow and Sam "no knees" Bradford on the same team. How could that possibly go wrong?

• 1 month later...

HE'S BACK!!!!!!

I love this sentence...definitely going to steal that phrase at some point:

In the end, it doesn’t matter if anyone outside of Chip Kelly thinks Tebow is capable. Kelly sees the beauty in fourth chances and has an almost euphoric disregard for logic. The decision to sign Tebow doesn’t come from a place of need. There are plenty of younger options with far less baggage and a much higher potential Kelly could sign as his third-string quarterback.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Drew Brees! 500 yards! 7 TD! 1 INT!

Patriots, Bengals, Broncos, Panthers! Still undefeated!

Cardinals! What's gotten into the Cardinals!?

Ravens, Colts, 49ers! Teams falling out of the top tier!

Detroit Lions! Pathetic!

Boges! Your thoughts!?

-k

Tim Tebow would be an excellent QB on at least 3 or 4 teams.

My team is painfully average (The Miami Dolphins)

The Cards are for real. They made it to the playoffs with their 3rd string QB last year. If Carson Palmer can stay healthy, they have a shot.

Seattle is another teams who's seen their window essentially close.

Denver would be a challenger to the frustratingly good New England Patriots if Peyton Manning was even an average QB. I'm actally stunned that they beat an excellent Green Bay team.

The thing I've learned about the NFL, that other than the New England Patriots always being good, you can't predict anything. ANYTHING!!!!

People who bet the NFL are marks. The game is too full of parody.

Edited by Boges