Newt 2012

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete nonsense. Capital gains tax rates should be lower, to avoid double taxation on money already taxed at the regular income tax rate before it gets invested. As an economy, we want to encourage investment.

Funny how there was so little need for that in the past. Capital gains taxes in the 50s were higher than they are now. And the taxation rate for dividends that Romney makes such good use of (15%) is a modern invention, brought in by the Republicans (of course)in 1986.

But of course, without those low rates there was simply NO investment in America in the fifties! Everyone knows that! Who would bother when you had to pay taxes on it!? :rolleyes:

It's not whether or not he's talking about it, it's that he isn't. But I disagree with your characterization of him stating that judges uphold so-called Christian values. However, definitely to uphold the constitution and not to make new law. I guess we can agree to disagree.

I can dump a bucket of water on your head and you can disagree that you're wet but your disagreement is not going to change reality.

Funny how there was so little need for that in the past. Capital gains taxes in the 50s were higher than they are now. And the taxation rate for dividends that Romney makes such good use of (15%) is a modern invention, brought in by the Republicans (of course)in 1986.

But of course, without those low rates there was simply NO investment in America in the fifties! Everyone knows that! Who would bother when you had to pay taxes on it!? :rolleyes:

Yep, the 1950s were great. Only two places to do business and invest money. Actually, only one, because Europe was still in it's post-war rebuilding. So basically, it was America, and nobody else. Unfortunately, people like you fail to realize that the world has changed. It's more competitive. More countries are apart of the global economy than ever before. And why stop at the 1950s? Go back even further when there wasn't any captial gains tax at all. Seemed to be pretty good economic growth than too. :rolleyes:

I wrote this, and then just heard a description that better says it. Newt has conviction, while Romney has none, and that is really beginning to tell the tale.

No doubt the leader of the American Nazi party has convictions too...

Yep, the 1950s were great. Only two places to do business and invest money. Actually, only one, because Europe was still in it's post-war rebuilding

Uh, rebuilding is exactly when you want to invest money. That's when you get the biggest payback...

Further, the tax rates were high in the sixties, too, and the seventies, compared to now, and yet America prospered, and there was lots of investment.

So basically, it was America, and nobody else. Unfortunately, people like you fail to realize that the world has changed. It's more competitive

Oh. It is? So like, you mean you can invest in other countries and not pay taxes? Like Germany, for example? They seem to be doing pretty well, bussinesswise, and their capital gains tax is 28%

The problem with Newt is he will say anything the rabid, angry right-wing base want to hear in order to get elected. At least there's hope that, when not in politician mode, he has a grip on reality.

But I guess so much for having "convictions." :lol:

Edited by LonJowett

• 1 month later...

Exciting news for Newt supporters! Get ready, Newt Nation, because rumours have been swirling that Rick Perry may be named as Newt's running mate! RICK PERRY! How awesome is that??

As I recall, one of the most effective arguments against John McCain was that considering his age and his history of heart problems, Sarah Palin could be just one heartbeat away from becoming President. Well, Newt is old, he's fat and out of shape, and he's got a thing for young women. The idea that Rick Perry could be just one mistress away from the Oval Office should probably spell the end of Newt's campaign.

People figured that Newt would probably have to drop out if he couldn't win Alabama and Mississippi. He's a regional candidate who got beat in his own region by Rick Santorum.

But Newt says he is staying in. From his interview on CNN on Tuesday, I gather his argument is that when they get to the convention in Tampa, everybody will realize that he, Newt, is the only guy smart enough to go head-to-head with Obama. That's 5 months away. I wonder what he thinks is going to change in that time. He says that in August people will realize that he's the only guy who can beat Obama... but people clearly don't think so right now. Is he hoping (or dare I say praying...) for Santorum and Romney to make campaign-killing blunders between now and then?

-k

Exciting news for Newt supporters! Get ready, Newt Nation, because rumours have been swirling that Rick Perry may be named as Newt's running mate! RICK PERRY! How awesome is that??

As I recall, one of the most effective arguments against John McCain was that considering his age and his history of heart problems, Sarah Palin could be just one heartbeat away from becoming President. Well, Newt is old, he's fat and out of shape, and he's got a thing for young women. The idea that Rick Perry could be just one mistress away from the Oval Office should probably spell the end of Newt's campaign.

People figured that Newt would probably have to drop out if he couldn't win Alabama and Mississippi. He's a regional candidate who got beat in his own region by Rick Santorum.

But Newt says he is staying in. From his interview on CNN on Tuesday, I gather his argument is that when they get to the convention in Tampa, everybody will realize that he, Newt, is the only guy smart enough to go head-to-head with Obama. That's 5 months away. I wonder what he thinks is going to change in that time. He says that in August people will realize that he's the only guy who can beat Obama... but people clearly don't think so right now. Is he hoping (or dare I say praying...) for Santorum and Romney to make campaign-killing blunders between now and then?

-k

I think he's afflicted with NSDS...

Newt Self-Delusional Syndrome...

IF Newt is made President of the US, then there will probably be on going wars

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZurZwmeaYlU

Anyways, in a way, a Gingrich/Perry administration would be the perfect replacement of Obama/Biden. Gingrich would replace the unbelievable ego of the current President with his own unbelievable ego. And Perry would replace the current bumbling moron VP, with his own bumbling moron self. :)

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZurZwmeaYlU

Anyways, in a way, a Gingrich/Perry administration would be the perfect replacement of Obama/Biden. Gingrich would replace the unbelievable ego of the current President with his own unbelievable ego. And Perry would replace the current bumbling moron VP, with his own bumbling moron self. :)

Well Obama got a Peace Prize and yet started more wars. Newt was and will always be part of the establishemt. And Perry hates homos.

Please name the wars started by Obama.

Libya for one .. oh right .. 'kenetic military action'. War on Pakistan essentially was declared ... drones firing rockets from the Afhganistan side of the border. Other military interventions in Africa .. this now shamed Kony bit, and Obama throwing troops in Uganda.

But that is part of another thread where the POTUS no longer needs congressional approval to go to war. Marching orders from the UN. So technically you might be right, Obama has not started any wars, but gladly supplies the bodies and hardware when and where needed to keep the 'interests' of the US, .. of the UN for that matter.

Gingrich to Perry, 2012: "Ok. I'm President. You only say what I tell you to. Better yet, don't say anything at all. Just stand there and look pretty."

Obama to Biden, 2008: "Ok. I'm President. You only say what I tell you to. Better yet, don't say anything at all. Just stand there and look ... uh, greasy."

It's a noot point anyway; getting just 8% in Illinois and finishing behind even Ron Paul, even Newt himself has to get the picture now. I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. What a dick.

-k

Gingrich to Perry, 2012: "Ok. I'm President. You only say what I tell you to. Better yet, don't say anything at all. Just stand there and look pretty."

Obama to Biden, 2008: "Ok. I'm President. You only say what I tell you to. Better yet, don't say anything at all. Just stand there and look ... uh, greasy."

It's a noot point anyway; getting just 8% in Illinois and finishing behind even Ron Paul, even Newt himself has to get the picture now. I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. What a dick.

-k

Unfortunately for Obama, Biden won't shut up.

Biden: 'Thank You Dr. Pepper'

Vice President Joe Biden made yet another gaffe today when he mistakenly called Scott Community College President Dr. Theresa Paper quote "Dr. Pepper"

Link

He's the gift that keeps on giving! :lol:

Biden: 'Thank You Dr. Pepper'

Vice President Joe Biden made yet another gaffe today when he mistakenly called Scott Community College President Dr. Theresa Paper quote "Dr. Pepper"

He's the gift that keeps on giving! :lol:

What I think is funny is the way "quote" is used above (which I have bolded).

Um, what does one think the "" are for? (which I have also bolded).