Newt 2012

Newt comes across as a smart fellow and he certainly has a long history of accomplishemnts and experience in politics. That could become part of his problem though, he carries a significant amount of political 'baggage' with him. I don't know if he has the charisma to win the white house though. Obama is all about charisma, not so much about substance. Newt Gingrich is more like the opposite. But he also has enemies who will attack him where it hurts on a personal level, and although I don't necessarily agree with that, it could become his undoing.

Meanwhile Ron Paul countered with "I am please to have in attendence my wife of 53 years..."

I think Paul is the cleanest of the lot in terms of least corrupted, most sincere in what he says. If the American people want real change, Paul is it. But in a radical way!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile Ron Paul countered with "I am please to have in attendence my wife of 53 years..."

I think Paul is the cleanest of the lot in terms of least corrupted, most sincere in what he says. If the American people want real change, Paul is it. But in a radical way!

Completely agree. He may not be the best candidate, but the man deserves a medal for the way he has handled himself as a politician. I wish all politicians were as honest/sincere and conducted themselves as he does...minus a few of his attacks ads etc. No candidate is perfect in conduct, but I can think of few better.

If the divorces and affairs didn't kill Newt's credentials as a "family values" candidate, this week's open marriage bombshell ought to do the trick.

He's had more wives than both Mormon candidates combined... now we get word that he wanted to have two at once. Next time Newt tells people that he stands for the sanctity of marriage, people will have to keep in mind that it's coming from a guy who defines marriage as "a husband, a wife, and a mistress."

What a sack of garbage.

People can disagree with his prior actions and the sincerity of his answer...but that debate answer vs John King was the greatest debate answer I've seen in my life by any politician...ever. I've never seen anyone dig themselves out of a hole like that!

People can disagree with his prior actions and the sincerity of his answer...but that debate answer vs John King was the greatest debate answer I've seen in my life by any politician...ever. I've never seen anyone dig themselves out of a hole like that!

I agree. If I was one of the other candidates, I'd be pretty pissed off at John King for serving up that hanging curveball at the very beginning of the debate.

I agree. If I was one of the other candidates, I'd be pretty pissed off at John King for serving up that hanging curveball at the very beginning of the debate.

I disagree that it was a hanging curve, that's what makes the answer so great. When I first heard the question i was like "oh crap, how you gonna get out of this one Newt!" then BAM! More like a 98mph fastball he knocked 550ft into the parking lot.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

I disagree that it was a hanging curve, that's what makes the answer so great. When I first heard the question i was like "oh crap, how you gonna get out of this one Newt!" then BAM! More like a 98mph fastball he knocked 550ft into the parking lot.

That's where I disagree. Newt knew the question was eventually going to come. It's all the media had been talking about prior to the debate. He was probably suprised that it was the very first one. But he did do an excellent job with it.

That's where I disagree. Newt knew the question was eventually going to come. It's all the media had been talking about prior to the debate. He was probably suprised that it was the very first one. But he did do an excellent job with it.

Newt showed he knows how to handle himself when in a tough situation. Attack...

Just returning the favor for all the times you've done the same thing in threads I found interesting. Not so great when you're at the other end of it, is it?

Yeah, how dare I act like you, eh? Only you should be allowed that privilege. :angry:

lols

shady, why are you getting excited over the same old shit?

newt was/is a lobbyist and yet, he denies it. why doesn't this make people like shady blink? why isn't this an issue?

When he was a paid consultant for the drug-industry's lobby group, Gingrich worked hard to persuade Republican congressmen to vote for the Medicare drug subsidy that the industry favored. To deny Gingrich was a lobbyist requires an Obama-like word parsing over who is and who isn't a lobbyist.

Gingrich stated last week on Fox News, "I do no lobbying of any kind. I never have. A very important point to make. I have never done lobbying of any kind."

link

newt is a salesman for cooperations just like santorum and romney. the only time they're not lying is when they're not talking.

Edited by bud

Completely agree. He may not be the best candidate, but the man deserves a medal for the way he has handled himself as a politician. I wish all politicians were as honest/sincere and conducted themselves as he does...minus a few of his attacks ads etc. No candidate is perfect in conduct, but I can think of few better.

This is a guy who was cited for ethics violations as speaker and received millions from Freddy Mack to help keep regulators off their backs. You wish all politicians were like this guy?

beyond the superficial look at newt, here is some reality:

When Newt Gingrich, fishing for Zionist money, abandoned his previous, relatively temperate posture on the Israel/Palestine issue, and declared that Palestinians were an “invented people”, he was directing his remarks to an audience of one.

Adelson was exceeding pleased and expressed his gratification in material terms, with a further $5 million, now staking Gingrich’s campaign ads in South Carolina. To date Adelson has donated about $13 million to Gingrich’s campaign – a US record. The ads put out by the Gingrich forces derive in origin from Senator Ted Kennedy’s successful effort to defend his US senate from Romney’s challenge back in 1994. The Kennedy campaign put together ferocious spots depicting Romney, erstwhile boss of the private equity firm Bain Capital, as one of the most vicious operators in the history of American capitalism, never happier than when taking over factories, destroying jobs, kicking workers into the snow, and sneering at the tears of their distraught wives and children.

link

Just to be clear, MG's comment was about Ron Paul, not Gingrich. Do you disagree?

ah.

my apologies to moonlight.

i mixed 2 posts. i thought he was talking about newt.

of course ron paul is the only honest and sincere candidate (including obama).

Well, i agree with you that he knew it was coming, you could tell he had the answer prepared and in his back-pocket ready to go. Maybe it was a bit of a hanging curveball you're right, however I give him huge credit for responding to things on his feet as they came, like John King's response etc and the fact it was the first question etc.

ah.

my apologies to moonlight.

i mixed 2 posts. i thought he was talking about newt.

of course ron paul is the only honest and sincere candidate (including obama).

Are you being sarcastic or sincere? Are you also being sarcastic about Obama, because I think he's a bit of a phony liar myself who says what will get him elected. IMO he's a huge sellout, and doesn't speak candidly about opinions that may be unpopular politically but he believes is right as people like Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel, Jesse Ventura and others do. Obama just says broad inspirational talking points that will get him elected, and yet he hasn't acted on half of them.

Also, I'll admit I don't know everything about Ron Paul's campaigning or career, and I know he's done a few douchebaggy things, but as I said in my last comment, no candidate is perfect and I can think of few politicians more honest.

I think that's what bud meant as well. He said Ron Paul is the ONLY honest politician there is, and he's including Obama in that statement. (Meaning Obama is not honest in his opinion).

Well that's what I got out of it.

Guest American Woman

Rep. Ron Paul has "lied" just like any other politician. CNN chased him down for lying about being "drafted" into the U.S. Air Force. It's not hard to find other "lies". Ron Paul is a garden variety politician.

Of course he has. He lied about not knowing about the racism in a newsletter published in his name and/or not knowing who wrote it - or else he's incompetent for such a thing to have gone on in his name for so long.

I love how the Ron Paul supporters go to such lengths in their support - now he's completely honest and ethical? :lol: Good Lord.

I think, too, that some can't recognize the difference between a "lie" and seeing things differently after having access to the total picture and/or not being able to do everything they 'promised' they would do because it's not within their sole power to do so.

Edited by American Woman

Guest Derek L

Of course he has. He lied about not knowing about the racism in a newsletter published in his name and/or not knowing who wrote it - or else he's incompetent for such a thing to have gone on in his name for so long.

I love how the Ron Paul supporters go to such lengths in their support - now he's completely honest and ethical? :lol: Good Lord.

I think, too, that some can't recognize the difference between a "lie" and seeing things differently after having access to the total picture and/or not being able to do everything they 'promised' they would do because it's not within their sole power to do so.

Did you hear about this one?

Ron Paul Was Implicated In Failed White Supremacist Island Invasion

The leader of the group, Michael Perdue, would plead guilty to planning the coup and turned state’s evidence. Perdue would testify that several other people helped organize and fund the coup and that two Texas politicians were aware of the plan. Among those Perdue implicated were infamous white supremacist, David Duke, former Texas Governor, John Connally and Congressman, Ron Paul whom he claimed knew about the plot. Connally was credited with helping Paul win his first congressional election.

The author of the piece has a point........Cain and Newt have had their past closely investigated over past affairs, why not Ron Paul? And I though Paul supporters said he didn't get enough attention from the mainstream media <_<