Walking Dead or Boardwalk Empires

Boges

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

entertainment is what it's all about isn't it?...

cranston's character evolution from dull mild mannered teacher to cold hard killer is excellent...i fast forward through parts with cranston's/wife and her inlaws way to slow/dull/whiny...my favorite character is saul goodman, that's the kind of lawyer i wish i had...

my favorite series of recent years, Deadwood, followed by Rome and Dexter...

:lol:

The family stuff is part of the whole drama, kinda the point of the show, really. I guess I just didn't find his evolution to be all that believable.

Well it's the first episode you sort of have to understand what these people are doing and stuff.

I swear all people want is violence. :rolleyes:

Spartacus is supposed to come back in the New Year.

I don't mind slow starts...I can appreciate the slow build (The Wire, Breaking Bad excel at it) it was just blah

the storyline didn't grab me is all

:lol:

The family stuff is part of the whole drama, kinda the point of the show, really.

too long and tedious in parts, brings the show to a standstill at times...
I guess I just didn't find his evolution to be all that believable.
seemingly normal people becoming killers is reality, read the newspapers it happens all the time...

• 2 months later...

Who liked last night's mid-season premiere?

Not a lot of zombie killing but the payoff at the end was pretty cool. You can see Rick's narrative is going to change now. He's looking more like the dark character he becomes in the comic book.

I believe this was the first actual human-on-human murder scene we've seen so far in the series.

That Lori car accident thing seemed tacked on. Maybe she dies?!? She's not one of the best characters in the show.

Who liked last night's mid-season premiere?

Not a lot of zombie killing but the payoff at the end was pretty cool. You can see Rick's narrative is going to change now. He's looking more like the dark character he becomes in the comic book.

I believe this was the first actual human-on-human murder scene we've seen so far in the series.

That Lori car accident thing seemed tacked on. Maybe she dies?!? She's not one of the best characters in the show.

So I must have missed something....there were TWO new episodes on Sunday. The zombie scene at the barn was good. The bar scene at the end was excellent. Now they'll have to deal with the Philly mob which should make things a little more interesting(I seem to remember suggesting they should add in the "Dawn of the Dead" biker gang concept).

Rick will become more interesting as well. It wasn't murder because the wiseguy behind the bar went for his gun. The fat guy was drawing but Rick was faster. 44 migraine headache for him. Hopefully the shots bring the "townsfolk" to the scene.

Lori flipping the car is another stupid "aside" for the show. I could see her ending up being held by the mob or something similar. Real smart girl - takes one handgun and one clip to go to an unsecured town of zombies. They won't kill her off because of the pregnancy and that's what going to keep Shane from leaving the group. Great.....another "let's go looking for a missing group member" annoyance.

They still need to kill off T-Dog and the whiny mother whats-her-face. And Dale. Definitely Dale. I think I would have been tempted to do away with him when he was hiding the guns. Replace them with some people who actually add to the story.

Maggie should join the group IF they ever leave the farm. She's more interesting than half the group now (also has a nice ass which helps). Glen needs a squeeze anyway. And that guy is starting to become more valuable to the group and to the storyline. Liking him more and more each episode.

• 1 month later...

That last episode was really good.

The makers finally did introduced the Prison which takes up a great deal of the comics storyline and they introduced Michonne (The hooded woman that saves Andrea) She was, and still is, the coolest character in the comic book series.

I agree the first half of the season was painfully slow. They apparently changed show-runners mid-stream. The second half has been much better and shows the characters descent into darkness very well.

I thought that the last few episodes have been pretty good. However, I still don't like how they dragged on finding Sophia over so many weeks. It should have been wrapped up in 2 episodes max.

We quit the show this season, because we thought it was going to get slow and bogged down. We now read the Wikipedia summaries instead.

We quit the show this season, because we thought it was going to get slow and bogged down. We now read the Wikipedia summaries instead.

You missed out on quite a bit then, yes it was a little slow at points, but it sure built a good lead up to what happened in the end.

You missed out on quite a bit then, yes it was a little slow at points, but it sure built a good lead up to what happened in the end.

They changed show-runners in the middle of the season. It's obvious by what ended up happening.

The makers have a hard tight-rope act to do trying to please the fans of the comics and the casual fans that just want to see Zombies every episode.

There are large parts of the graphic novel where there are no zombie interactions whatsoever.

The more compelling part of Walking Dead IMHO is the conflict Rick and his group have with others not the Zombies.

Edited by Boges

The makers have a hard tight-rope act to do trying to please the fans of the comics and the casual fans that just want to see Zombies every episode.

There a a lot of viewers, including me, that don't fit either camp.

I have never read or heard of the comics, and I don't care if I see zombies every time out.

If they make compelling TV, they don't have to worry about either faction.

I prefer Boardwalk Empire.

Same. Its my favourite show thats still on the air. Though I find some of it to be too similar to The Sopranos. Not surprising given its the same writers/producers.

Same. Its my favourite show thats still on the air. Though I find some of it to be too similar to The Sopranos. Not surprising given its the same writers/producers.

Based on my OP this thread could easily be changed to Luck (which has been cancelled after this season) or Spartacus.

I still choose Walking Dead, but Spartacus is fantastic.

Game of Thrones starts up in two Saturdays.

That last episode was really good.

The makers finally did introduced the Prison which takes up a great deal of the comics storyline and they introduced Michonne (The hooded woman that saves Andrea) She was, and still is, the coolest character in the comic book series.

I agree the first half of the season was painfully slow. They apparently changed show-runners mid-stream. The second half has been much better and shows the characters descent into darkness very well.

Yeah, way, way better. Night and day better. The show lost its step, and then found it again.