Jump to content

Islamification of Toronto?


Shwa

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Still doesn't make Muslims irredeemable or worthy of condemnation based on their religion alone. 

Stop putting words in our mouths. No one said that all muslims are irredeemable. 

Quote

People are born into the culture with no blame for its past wrongs, just like Canadians and Catholics are.  

You're quick to act like Canada is horrible because 215 kids died of the Spanish flu or TB over 100 years ago, in residential schools which we all agree brought shame to our culture, and now you're distancing muslims from the actions that are committed by hundreds of thousands of muslims today and supported by tens of millions

 

Almost every muslim on earth cheers when they see thousands of murder rockets flying into Israel, while the Israeli military has killed less than 100,000 soldiers and terrorists since their existence, and almost no women and children. Almost all muslims want Israel wiped off the map "because of their human rights abuses".

Muslims don't care at all about Pakistan, which was created at the same time the same way, where they have committed two genocides killing ten+ million people, including women and children. That wasn't done with bombs, it involved tens of thousands of men willing to slaughter people with small arms fire and knives. Their human rights abuses make Israel look like paradise. 

The appalling, world-wide level of bigotry from the muslim religion is sickening, and you're an enabler/defender of that violent bigotry. You share their propaganda and shout down accurate and truthful criticism. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Clearly you fail to grasp what some people have posted.

No, I just don't re-interpret what they've said.  Probably because I don't believe that criticism of Islam = demonizing ALL Muslims or that the person criticizing wants to kill them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the only way to exterminate all the bad ideas or bad actions of human beings

is to exterminate all those who think and act

death solves all problems - no man, no problem

Stalin knows

not exactly a desirable outcome

I think education goes a long way towards towards eradicting both bad ideas and actions.   Caveat is that it needs to be quality education and focus on teaching critical thinking.  Religion works against thar, so I suppose its kind of a catch-22.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I think education goes a long way towards towards eradicting both bad ideas and actions.   Caveat is that it needs to be quality education and focus on teaching critical thinking.  Religion works against thar, so I suppose its kind of a catch-22.

education does not eradicate bad ideas or actions

or even come close to it

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

education does not eradicate bad ideas or actions

or even come close to it

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

I agree. And especially when it comes to religious ideas and actions.

If a person believes that men have been given the right by God to rule over women, you can talk feminism til you're blue in the face. Honour killings and FGM occur in countries where it's against the law and they know they will be prosecuted - it doesn't stop them.

When a person thinks God commands something - it's rare that human reasoning can overcome a belief like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I agree. And especially when it comes to religious ideas and actions.

If a person believes that men have been given the right by God to rule over women, you can talk feminism til you're blue in the face. Honour killings and FGM occur in countries where it's against the law and they know they will be prosecuted - it doesn't stop them.

When a person thinks God commands something - it's rare that human reasoning can overcome a belief like that.

atheists are just as capable of treating women poorly

singling out religion is silly

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

atheists are just as capable of treating women poorly

singling out religion is silly

Meh.  Religion has had a very big hand in the mistreatment of women since time began.

I get what you're trying to say though....I recently was told by someone who doesn't believe in God that men have one less rib than women.....?  Last vestiges of a religious upbringing.  To his credit, he googled it and found I was right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Meh.  Religion has had a very big hand in the mistreatment of women since time began.

I get what you're trying to say though....I recently was told by someone who doesn't believe in God that men have one less rib than women.....?  Last vestiges of a religious upbringing.  To his credit, he googled it and found I was right.

reason can be abused to justify all sorts of bad things, as can faith

faith can be used to justify all sorts of good things, as can reason

they are what you make of them

both have been responsible for good and bad throughout history

including the mistreatment of women

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I think education goes a long way towards towards eradicting both bad ideas and actions.   Caveat is that it needs to be quality education and focus on teaching critical thinking.  Religion works against thar, so I suppose its kind of a catch-22.

Go back through all of your posts and then tell me who needs some 'education' by your standards.....

According to you, Canada needs to stop forcing FN children into res schools to be murdered some day in the near future, the US need to become less racist than the rest of the world because they were the only slavers, police need to let people shoot tasers at their heads from close range, muslims don't commit more terrorist attacks than other religions/cultures, etc. 

I can't take you seriously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

education does not eradicate bad ideas or actions

or even come close to it

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

Countries with the most educated people are generally the most progressive.  Countries with the least educated people usually have the most religiousity and are less progressive.  Education makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

I agree. And especially when it comes to religious ideas and actions.

The rate of FGM has declined by about 30% in Egypt, thanks to education.  People who work in these places consider education key in changing minds.  Why you'd deny the role of education in changing what people believe and behavior is a mystery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

Countries with the most educated people are generally the most progressive.  Countries with the least educated people usually have the most religiousity and are less progressive.  Education makes a difference.

yet a lot of highly religious people are highly educated and moral people and a lot of atheists are uneducated and immoral people

your knee jerk blaming of religiousity for lack of education and morality makes no sense, it is not the high religiousity that drives these factors in Muslim nations

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, dialamah said:

Why you'd deny the role of education in changing what people believe and behavior is a mystery.

I didn't deny the role of education.

I just pointed out its limitations.

If education was all it took, then the rate of decline would be more than 30%.

But yes, yay for the 30%

Edited by Goddess
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, dialamah said:

Progress is progress.  :) Faster would be better, of course, not denying that.  

We're not making 'progress' when we bring in people fast enough for them to start balkanizing instead of operating in a healthy multicultural society, and we cater to their balkanizing demands.

"We want our own buildings, we want our own towns, we want other people to stop displaying their religious symbols while we display our own religious garb", etc.

It's silly. 

If people want to live in a country where only their religion can be seen in public then they should have stayed where they were. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 1:13 PM, Goddess said:

No one has said that.  You and others keep spouting that that's what's being said, but it's really  not.

Ok, would you ban people from Canada if they were redeemable?

 

Would you disparage them openly, as a people rather than dismantle the details of their belief system of they are redeemable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,742
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    CrazyCanuck89
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • paradox34 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • DACHSHUND went up a rank
      Rookie
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      First Post
    • aru earned a badge
      First Post
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...