Favorite Place in Canada

Banff/Jasper national parks.
Agreed. The drive from Jasper to Lake Louise is remarkable.

My favourite place in the world is Cape Freels, but I wouldn't want to live there.

I am very fond of my bed.
Trust Morris to get this question right. He's particularly right on cold, rainy Sunday mornings. Edited by August1991

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Cape Freels, on the edge of Bonavista Bay, is remarkable for a tourist.

Newfoundlanders lived there for a century or two.

And nearby, there's a remarkable sandy beach.

----

I don't know if Cape Freels is my favourite place in Canada - since I have other choices. But Cape Freels is certainly my favourite place for life.

Edited by August1991

I'm a South African born, British Citizen immigrant that moved to Canada almost 6 years ago now.

So I want to ask you guys whats your favorite place in Canada that you've been to? .........

Yours?

Ottawa if you want to sleep early, Montreal I love best and can even live there, Vancouver next best when I wish to retire. Toronto because I live here.

I love South Africa - what a beautiful place.

Ottawa if you want to sleep early, Montreal I love best and can even live there, Vancouver next best when I wish to retire. Toronto because I live here.

I love South Africa - what a beautiful place.

Much of Sub-Saharan Africa is geographically and topographically beautiful...

Edited by Jack Weber

• 2 weeks later...

WYLD STALLYNS!

Have you heard the great news, Dog?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1680818/bill-and-ted-3-alex-winter.jhtml

"God gave rock and roll to you, and if you're lucky, he'll give you a brand new "Bill and Ted" adventure as well! That's the plan, at least, according to one half of the dimwitted duo: Alex Winter, who starred as Bill Preston Esq. in both "Excellent Adventure" and "Bogus Journey," isn't just hoping for a "Bill and Ted" reunion, he's getting close to making it actually happen.

"I think the reality is that there probably will be another one," Winter told MTV News during a recent interview about his new Napster documentary, "Downloaded." Indeed, Winter and co-star Keanu Reeves both recently confirmed that a third "Bill and Ted" script is finished (and totally excellent). "

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

What a question, what a list of possible places in answer. Lets see, Okanagan Falls, the Cabot Trail, the Badlands of Alberta, Algonquin Park etc, etc. The list literally goes on and on. My exceptions would be any major city in Canada. Lets face it, a city is just a city. Lots of people and a bunch of non descript buildings. Having been to many major cities around the world I can attest to the fact that their is nothing remarkable or truly noteable about cities.

Canada is such a beautifull place that mentioning a city on this list is merely being unimaginative or displaying a lack of experience in knowledge of this country, in my opinion that is.

My exceptions would be any major city in Canada. Lets face it, a city is just a city. Lots of people and a bunch of non descript buildings. Having been to many major cities around the world I can attest to the fact that their is nothing remarkable or truly noteable about cities.

Canada is such a beautifull place that mentioning a city on this list is merely being unimaginative or displaying a lack of experience in knowledge of this country, in my opinion that is.

yup...canadian cities are either crap or liveable,liveable being average...none that I've visited rate as anything special...which is verified by tourists who come here to see our natural attractions, I personally have never met any that came to see our cities...

I don't have one favourite place but I do have a list! I know Western Canada better so here it is:

BC

Kincolith

Hazelton

Saltspring Island

Chemanius

Victoria

Gastown Vancouver

Steveston, Richmond, BC

Alberta

Lake Louise

Drumheller

Edmonton

Jasper

Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump (really stuck with me)

Spruce Meadows, Calgary (I'm a horse girl)

Guest American Woman

yup...canadian cities are either crap or liveable,liveable being average...none that I've visited rate as anything special...which is verified by tourists who come here to see our natural attractions, I personally have never met any that came to see our cities...

I know people who have gone to Toronto to see the city and experience what a city has to offer - just as people go to NYC, for example; and they love it. When our dollar was so strong against the Canadian dollar I took my daughters to Toronto rather than NYC to see the shows we wanted to see on Broadway. We also went to Montreal to see the city - which we loved. Also went to Ottawa just to see the city - and loved it there, too. I'd say they definitely rate as something special.

Yeah, people never go to Victoria, Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, St. John's, or Halifax to see the cities themselves.... :rolleyes: Canadian cities are after all, straight crap.

There are many beautiful cities in the world. Canada's are no exception.

Edited by Smallc

Yeah, people never go to Victoria, Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, St. John's, or Halifax to see the cities themselves.... :rolleyes: Canadian cities are after all, straight crap.

There are many beautiful cities in the world. Canada's are no exception.

kind of hard to avoid cities since they're travel hubs, how do you visit bc without going through the cities? how do you go to banff without going to calgary?...compared to euro cities our best aren't anything special...victoria took maybe a day to see, vancouver two days, TO, montreal, quebec more of the same, two days tops....it took me two weeks to explore amsterdam, Paris I've only scratched the surface I estimate that will take me a month(over several trips), same for rome, london....

kind of hard to avoid cities since they're travel hubs, how do you visit bc without going through the cities? how do you go to banff without going to calgary?...compared to euro cities our best aren't anything special...victoria took maybe a day to see, vancouver two days, TO, montreal, quebec more of the same, two days tops....it took me two weeks to explore amsterdam, Paris I've only scratched the surface I estimate that will take me a month(over several trips), same for rome, london....

Maybe you just aren't interested in the things that the Canadian cities have to offer? Maybe you're like too many Canadians, and you take your own country for granted. I could spend weeks in Toronto and Montreal, and probably the same with Vancouver. The history in Ottawa, QC, Halifax, Montreal, and St. John's, Winnipeg, and Victoria is uniquely Canadian, and deserves far more recognition than you're giving it. The Canadian culture that you don't believe in - it exists in Canada's cities as well as it's natural wonders.

Maybe you just aren't interested in the things that the Canadian cities have to offer? Maybe you're like too many Canadians, and you take your own country for granted. I could spend weeks in Toronto and Montreal, and probably the same with Vancouver. The history in Ottawa, QC, Halifax, Montreal, and St. John's, Winnipeg, and Victoria is uniquely Canadian, and deserves far more recognition than you're giving it. The Canadian culture that you don't believe in - it exists in Canada's cities as well as it's natural wonders.

cities-they're all the same...only three things draw tourists, history, festivals, scenery.. our cities are cookie cutter copies of each other, short on visual history with the exception of quebec and halifax, with contrived duplicate festivals in each location...I've traveled the entire country east to west north to south the cities are dull what we have is awesome scenery and that's why the tourists come...

our cities are cookie cutter copies of each other

:lol: Well this conversation is over. I'm not sure how you can be that ignorant about a country that you've apparently traveled so much. Canada is alive with history and culture. Each of Canada's major cities is completely unique. It isn't even hard to find, or see.

I mean, if you're going to try to tell me that Toronto is just like Calgary, or that Montreal is just like Saskatoon....

Edited by Smallc

:lol: Well this conversation is over. I'm not sure how you can be that ignorant about a country that you've apparently traveled so much. Canada is alive with history and culture. Each of Canada's major cities is completely unique. It isn't even hard to find, or see.

I mean, if you're going to try to tell me that Toronto is just like Calgary, or that Montreal is just like Saskatoon....

yup all the same..., no point having a conversation if you have nothing to compare to...I know how you can be so ignorant you haven't been anywhere other than hooterville...all the same shitte wrapped in a different colour of paper but still all identical...tourists don't come here for our cities...

people flatter themselves if they think their cities are unique...