Favorite Place in Canada

So let me start off by saying a couple of things about myself.

I'm a South African born, British Citizen immigrant that moved to Canada almost 6 years ago now.

I'm a citizen, and I have so far lived in Halifornia (Halifax, Nova Scotia), Vancouver and now Toronto, possibly to move to Banff in the future, or back to Halifornia or maybe join the Canadian Forces not sure yet.

So I want to ask you guys whats your favorite place in Canada that you've been to?

I personally love Halifax the best, best part of Canada IMHO.

I'd like to Visit newfoundland though, I hear St Johns is just awesome.

Yours?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a South African born, British Citizen immigrant that moved to Canada almost 6 years ago now.

I'm a citizen, and I have so far lived in Halifornia (Halifax, Nova Scotia), Vancouver and now Toronto, possibly to move to Banff in the future, or back to Halifornia or maybe join the Canadian Forces not sure yet.

So I want to ask you guys whats your favorite place in Canada that you've been to?

Yours?

I too love Halifax.

Not that I know the city; I haven't been there in 20 years.

But it stuck with me, in a way that other places really haven't.

You pretty much only need to visit downtown Toronto to consider yourself to have seen Canada.

:lol:

Hey, I remember a "luxury lake" complete with canoes being there...

To the OP...

It would all depend on what YOU are into as far as a good place to live...

A place I really liked, besides Winnipeg which I love for reasons few people understand, is Kelowna BC it's a beautiful City and area to live in, as well as being one of the most expensive places in Canada to live...

Vancouver Island is also extremely nice...

You get more "bang for the buck" in the Maritimes as far as a GREAT place to live too...

LOTS of great places in Canada to choose from coast to coast is what I'm saying...

(Ahhh, I can hardly wait to be out in my boat fishing on one of Manitoba's pristine lakes and rivers in a couple of months... B) )

Yours?

Too many to list. This country has so much to offer.

Yours?

Sudbury, Ontario. YOU will love the landscape. It if I remember it is like taking a trip to the moon for minimal costs..go there and enjoy.

Heard Sudbury has been re-greened - so much for that joke...Toronto...but you have to tour the whole city - then venture out into the rural parts to fully get the feel....it`s a wonderful area...We have a Chilean girl that has been staying with us for the last 6 months....to bad I did not have access to a car......she thinks that Toronto is Canada - and she is not impressed....she does not like the ASIANS.....nor her boyfriend....love it when they fight -----`yousin eyy ate U....The poor dogs are all speaking Spanish - I hope I can retrain them when she leaves.

Yours?

The Great Lakes are Great! Come to Toronto...take the ferry out to the Island...view our spectacular sky line - charter a fast boat and blast out into Lake Ontario - on the other side of Toronto Island...It is actually very exotic...and the pomonade at the Island is one of the most beautiful parks in the world ----------------Jeeez......I can`t believe it - I actually like Toronto and am proud of it.

The cities in Canada are bland, with Toronto right up there for nondescript. Montreal is pretty good, Vancouver, Quebec and maybe Halifax as the best of the second raters.....

IMO, the best of Candada is the North, I love Yukon. It is a place that very few Canadians ever visit, and even fewer foreigners, which makes it even more appealing really.

If you want to see the best of the country,get out of the cities and stay out.

Edited by fellowtraveller

Another one...

Box D Row 19 Seats 12 and 13

Ivor Wynne Stadium

Hamilton,Ontario

Any Labour Day around 2:30 to 3:00 pm

Tiger-Cats whoopin' up on the Toronto Argonaut scum mercilessly...

Man-o-man southern Ontario, Toronto OR Hamilton in particular, is/are so far down the list of places to be as to be almost invisible when one has all the choices Canada has to offer... B)

Man-o-man southern Ontario, Toronto OR Hamilton in particular, is/are so far down the list of places to be as to be almost invisible when one has all the choices Canada has to offer... B)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I think a description of Chicago I once heared applies...

"I've been with many beauties...But never a beauty so real!!!"

One of my favorite spots is the Iron Cliffs inbetween Clinton and Cache Creek in British Columbia. You can see these things miles away along Highway 97.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8391990.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/20434468.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I think a description of Chicago I once heared applies...

"I've been with many beauties...But never a beauty so real!!!"

OK, this is true, as is "love is blind"...

Nothing to do with ACTUAL beauty however, especially beautiful place in Canada to hang one's hat... ;)

• 3 weeks later...