Federal Election Polls

So now we're resorting to personal attacks? Wow.

It's a "suspicion" that I have....

See how that might not work so well?

Anonymous anecdotes about the fact you "happened" to be a student of Trudeau and he was arrogant and was hitting on the hot teachers... Yeah... OK...

Somehow, I doubt the truthfulness of that story... I'm not saying you're a liar... I am just saying that you are likely not telling the truth.

No one does, but that's my suspicion.

I have also been a student under Trudeau. I remember his arrogance as a teacher very well. E.g. He used to flaunt to the other hot female teacher how he was Trudeau Sr's son.

I remember that like it was yesterday.

anyone can say anything on the interweeb! :lol:

It's a "suspicion" that I have....

See how that might not work so well?

Anonymous anecdotes about the fact you "happened" to be a student of Trudeau and he was arrogant and was hitting on the hot teachers... Yeah... OK...

Somehow, I doubt the truthfulness of that story... I'm not saying you're a liar... I am just saying that you are likely not telling the truth.

That's my position as well. I never heard angrypenguin claim he was one of Trudeau's students before. Now all of a sudden, he's a student who saw Trudeau behave inappropriately?

That strains credibility to the extreme. I'll come out and say it. I do not believe what angrypenguin wrote.

Btw, Harper and Trudeau are now statistically tied as the preferred Prime Minister.

The latest numbers, which were released Oct. 5, show:

• 31.1 per cent of respondents named Harper as their preferred prime minister
  • 30.2 per cent preferred Trudeau
  • 20.7 per cent preferred Mulcair
  • 10.4 per cent were unsure
Edited by CITIZEN_2015

I've been off for a couple of days because of an extremely busy weekend, but I come back to it all to see that we seem to have some clarity, at least for the moment. Barring further shakeups, the Liberals look like they're in strong position to form a minority, but I have to wonder how much the NDP will fall. With Nanos now pegging them under 23%, I'm starting to wonder if their seat haul might more closely resemble 2008 than 2011. If the collapse continues, the Liberals seem likely to do the best in Quebec, and outside of there and BC, the NDP doesn't have much to hang on. There may be some decisions ahead for and about Mulcair.

I mean, if angrypenguin is from Vancouver and somewhere between his mid-20s and early 30s, it's not impossible that he took a class from JT. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in a teenage memory of him using a greasy line on another teacher, though.

And even if he weren't a teenager, it's not like anyone could consider angypenguin an objective observer.

That's my position as well. I never heard angrypenguin claim he was one of Trudeau's students before. Now all of a sudden, he's a student who saw Trudeau behave inappropriately?

That strains credibility to the extreme. I'll come out and say it. I do not believe what angrypenguin wrote.

Also, why would Justin Trudeau would need to name-drop his dad? As if everyone in the school didn't already know.

LOL. You guys troll all the time, and I go and troll and you literally take my stupid post seriously? Ok, you all made my day :D Now you Liberals all know what it's like to constantly hear garbage thrown against Harper. :D

Anyways, back at the topic at hand.

--

The poll, conducted between Oct. 2 and Oct. 5, surveyed 1,441 people online and found that 33 per cent of decided voters would vote for the Conservative Party, while 32 per cent would vote for the Liberal Party.

-

xclusive Global News Ipsos polls are protected by copyright. The information and/or data may only be rebroadcast or republished with full and proper credit and attribution to “Global News Ipsos Reid.” This poll was conducted between October 2 and October 5, with a sample of 1,441 Canadians from Ipsos’ online panel and is accurate to within 2.9 percentage points 19 times out of 20.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2259404/ndp-continues-decline-as-tories-liberals-battle-for-first-in-new-ipsos-poll/

Edited by angrypenguin

Btw, Harper and Trudeau are now statistically tied as the preferred Prime Minister.

Numbers from who? Can you link to their press release, please.

Numbers from who? Can you link to their press release, please.

Yes sure this is the link by Nanos tracking released this morning, October 5.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/election/liberals-emerging-with-lead-ndp-sliding-conservatives-steady-nanos-tracking-1.2595031

Harper and Trudeau tied as preferred PM, Mulcair slides to third

The latest tracking by Nanos Research for CTV News and the Globe and Mail shows Conservative Leader Stephen Harper and Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau tied on the preferred prime minister measure.

Meanwhile, NDP Leader Thomas Mulcair has slid to a distant third.

Survey respondents were asked: "Of the current federal political party leaders, could you please rank your top two current local preferences for prime minister?"

The results show the race between Harper and Trudeau has tightened up following the final French debate on Friday, while Mulcair's numbers have slid.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

The citizen had one that said most people think trudeau is the most intelligent out of the 3. LOL

So much for the Tories' grand quest to make him look like an idiot.

And really, the very fact that the Liberals are coming on so strong suggests that, even if the Tories win, Stephen Harper's grand quest to destroy the Liberal Party has been an abject and absolute failure.

LOL. You guys troll all the time, and I go and troll and you literally take my stupid post seriously? Ok, you all made my day :D Now you Liberals all know what it's like to constantly hear garbage thrown against Harper. :D

Anyways, back at the topic at hand.

--

The poll, conducted between Oct. 2 and Oct. 5, surveyed 1,441 people online and found that 33 per cent of decided voters would vote for the Conservative Party, while 32 per cent would vote for the Liberal Party.

-

xclusive Global News Ipsos polls are protected by copyright. The information and/or data may only be rebroadcast or republished with full and proper credit and attribution to “Global News Ipsos Reid.” This poll was conducted between October 2 and October 5, with a sample of 1,441 Canadians from Ipsos’ online panel and is accurate to within 2.9 percentage points 19 times out of 20.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2259404/ndp-continues-decline-as-tories-liberals-battle-for-first-in-new-ipsos-poll/

*sigh*

You're really starting to annoy me.

Can we all agree that just because some person posts bullshit, it doesn't suddenly become valid for someone else to post bullshit? It was a pretty obvious lie that basically everyone called you out for, and now you're somehow proud of it. Just... just no.

About the poll, the difference between the Libs and the Cons was less than 10 people, so I wouldn't point to it as a clear indication of any lead really. They're both within margin of error in IPSOS, while in Nanos Liberals have held a consistent lead outside margin of error. From the recent poll data overall I think it's safe to say that the Liberals are in a better position at the moment.

Edited by Kageshima

So... you lied.

I guess that explains why you think it's no big deal when Harper lies.

Time to adjust the teaching priorities of Political Science 101 as the reality of minority politics becomes the norm.

"Quite likely, without being aware of the fact, Canadians might be seeing their last majority government. Not for the next four years, but forever."

.... Jeffrey Simpson, The Globe and Mail

Edited by Vancouver King

Time to adjust the teaching priorities of Political Science 101 as the reality of minority politics becomes the norm.

"Quite likely, without being aware of the fact, Canadians might be seeing their last majority government, Not for the next four years, but forever."

.... Jeffrey Simpson, The Globe and Mail

I would have to agree with this. Unless the NDP/Liberal COMPLETELY go off their rails....at the same time, and can't sell their vision. When the vote on the left is split, well, it is what it is.

Poll tracker for CBC is likely the most reliable. Still a tiny minority conservatives even though Liberals get the most popular vote but Liberals are up 1.5% since last poll while conservatives steady confirming other polls.

Poll averages Which parties are gaining or losing support?

To provide the best estimate of current voting intentions, the Poll Tracker combines data from all major public opinion polls into a weighted average. According to the latest data:

Liberal Party

32.4%

The Liberal Party leads with 32.4% support.

Liberal Party

+1.5

The Liberal Party had the largest change, up 1.5 points since the last poll average calculations.

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/poll-tracker/2015/index.html

Liberals 32.4% and - 118 seats

Conservatives 31.6% and - 122 seats

NDP 25.3% and - 96 seats

This poll average is for October 4 (yesterday). Likely a bit out of date but confirming upward movement for Liberals. I will look at the Nanos overnight poll for tonight due to be released at 6:00 am tomorrow. I like to see the influence of TPP, if any.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015