Union Busting in Wisconsin

Lower businesses taxes allow for greater job creation. If the businesses do not turn a profit people will be laid off en masse. This is how business works. Profits means more jobs, less profits means job losses.

As long as we are not stuck footing the bill to bail out failing companies ........ oh wait.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we are not stuck footing the bill to bail out failing companies ........ oh wait.

Yup, and then there's that... PLUS Enron, PLUS Savings and Loans, Plus - awww what the hell, I agree, BUSINESS can do no wrong and GREED shall always rule the day... It's ONLY the poor worker who's behind any economic woes befalling any country...

:rolleyes:

Yup, and then there's that... PLUS Enron, PLUS Savings and Loans, Plus - awww what the hell, I agree, BUSINESS can do no wrong and GREED shall always rule the day... It's ONLY the poor worker who's behind any economic woes befalling any country...

:rolleyes:

Uh...

You Forgot the spectacular health an safety aspect of those "union free" states like:

Louisiana...Gulf of Mexico Oil spill...Actually,that applies to Texas, Mississippi,Alabama,and,Florida

West Virginia...Mine collapse last spring

Kentucky...Mine collapse last spring

Ah...The freedom to allow the company to decide for you what's safe and what's not!!!

(or die because workplace health and safety costs money and that cuts into the bottom line)

'Cause...Y'know...Business knows best!!!

Edited by Jack Weber

That would be Bombardier for you...Enron was never "bailed out". Just sayin'....

http://business.highbeam.com/435424/article-1G1-107697404/bombardier-bailout-quebec-ailing-aerospace-giant-gobbles

Uh...

You Forgot the spectacular health an safety aspect of those "union free" states like:

Louisiana...Gulf of Mexico Oil spill...Actually,that applies to Texas, Mississippi,Alabama,and,Florida

West Virginia...Mine collapse last spring

Kentucky...Mine collapse last spring

Ah...The freedom to allow the company to decide for you what's safe and what's not!!!

(or die becuase workplace health and safety costs money and that cuts into the bottom line)

'Cause...Y'know...Business knows best!!!

Glad you're still sharp at this hour, I'm not, so I'll say good nite and waft off into the dark night...

And remember, be nice, it's the Canadian way... B)

That would be Bombardier for you...Enron was never "bailed out". Just sayin'....

http://business.highbeam.com/435424/article-1G1-107697404/bombardier-bailout-quebec-ailing-aerospace-giant-gobbles

There wasn't enough left of ENRON to bail out... After all Bush was "the Bailout President"...

Just sayin' ...

So was Jimmy Carter (Chrysler - 1979).

That's 2 Obama makes 3... No wait, then there's the matter of SUBSIDIDIES to Corporations that ALL your Presidents since WWII supported...

Hmmm, and to think that the United States thinks of itself as a "Free Enterprise" based nation... A FREE Marketplace if you will...

It is to LAUGH...

Just sayin'

That's 2 Obama makes 3... No wait, then there's the matter of SUBSIDIDIES to Corporations that ALL your Presidents since WWII supported...

Hmmm, and to think that the United States thinks of itself as a "Free Enterprise" based nation... A FREE Marketplace if you will...

It is to LAUGH...

Just sayin'

The corporate Yanks LOVE free entreprise...So long as they are the ones who benefit from it...

If not,it'sprotectionism is dressed up as "patriotism",but not for anyone else...That's "Communism"...

Soft Wood Lumber,anyone??

Edited by Jack Weber

Well if it wasn't, Canada and Ontario would still have a huge automotive trade deficit (pre Auto Pact).

And if it wasn't for "Canada" you'd have a much smaller and divided country - Louisiana Purchase - so what's your point?

And if it wasn't for "Canada" you'd have a much smaller and divided country - Louisiana Purchase - so what's your point?

What? Free trade directly impacted Ontario's auto industry in a very positive way. If you want to fight about something else, just say so.

The Louisiana Purchase was from France....Canada wasn't even sovereign yet.

Let's not forget that FDR was also against public sector unions. Because he saw the inherent flaws in that kind of system. Maybe eventually you people will too. It's really not that difficult of a concept to grasp.

I believe if you read further on FDR, Shady, you would see that he was not opposed to public sector unions but he did not think they should have the right to strike.

I believe if you read further on FDR, Shady, you would see that he was not opposed to public sector unions but he did not think they should have the right to strike.

In a number of jurisdictions here in Canada contract impasses in the public service are settled through interest arbitration in lieu of the strike/lockout model available to private sector employees. I am still waiting for this Shady fellow to provide authoritative reference material to support his claim. In the absence of such proof I will reject his position and consider that he is engaging in hyperbole.

Edited by pinko

Political activism is high on the list of priorities for Charles Koch, who in a letter last September to other business leaders and conservatives explained that he saw no other choice.

“If not us, who? If not now, when?” said the letter, which invited other conservatives to a retreat in January in Rancho Mirage, Calif. “It is up to us to combat what is now the greatest assault on American freedom and prosperity in our lifetimes.”

Campaign finance records in Washington show that donations by Koch Industries and its employees climbed to a total of $2 million in the last election cycle, twice as much as a decade ago, with 92 percent of that money going to Republicans. Donations in state government races — like in Wisconsin — have also surged in recent years, records show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/us/22koch.html?src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB

The left was begging for the bailouts. We're in a minority Parliament. I don't like it either but all those union votes were too much for Layton to ignore.

We would've been better served to let them fall, declare bankruptcy, restructure and come back leaner and more focused.

I love the smell of union busting in the morning. It smells like victory!

While people do get angry when their taxes go up, or when big government gives bailouts to Wall Street, it's really nothing when compared to the anger that people express when they feel that money is being unfairly stolen from them, i.e. government reneging on agreements.

Take a look at the violence that happened in the early 20th century. It's no tea party, I assure you.

While people do get angry when their taxes go up, or when big government gives bailouts to Wall Street, it's really nothing when compared to the anger that people express when they feel that money is being unfairly stolen from them, i.e. government reneging on agreements.

LOL! Then you must understand how First Nations folk feel!

Take a look at the violence that happened in the early 20th century. It's no tea party, I assure you.

The first Tea Party was no tea party either.

Edited by bush_cheney2004