Union Busting in Wisconsin

Has it ever occurred to you that what happens in the USA may impact decisions north of your border? The party Mr. Harper leads has a similar constituency to that of the Republicans in the USA.

No....and in this case, it has no reason to. Do you think Americans worry about labor disputes in Manitoba? Does it affect US federal elections? After all, Canada has a minority ruling party with a similar constituency...oh wait...no it doesn't. This is just more political projection of the American bogeyman...must be time for an election in Canada. eh?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? How does whatever happens in Wisconsin propagate to a Canadian Federal Election? And how do you lynch somebody "figuratively"?

I was wondering why so many members here would get so worked up over a labor dispute in the US, but I guess it's like everything else...you can see it on your television.

1. Are you ever gonna go look after your crying sheep? They're still waiting anxiosly for you...

1. Are you ever gonna go look after your crying sheep? They're still waiting anxiosly for you...

Nope...ain't never gonna worry 'bout that. If you want something real to be so worried about in the US, I've got about 2 feet (sorry...60 cm) of snow pack ready to melt down here and the Red River flows north. Governor Walker can't hurt you, but the spring flood could.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Nope...ain't never gonna worry 'bout that. If you want something real to worry about, I've got about 2 feet (sorry...60 cm) of snow pack ready to melt down here and the Red River flows north. Governor Walker can't hurt you, but the spring flood could.

I'm NOT that worried because of a Conservative Premier named Duff Roblin that was a visionary and built "Duff's Ditch"... And an NDP Government when led by now Ambassador to the US Gary Doer expanded it...

Think we'll be OK in Winnipeg, between you and me, especially in ND, well, that's pretty much YOUR PROBLEM, eh... But we'll be here to help you out when you call us just like last time... :D

You're welcome...

Think we'll be OK in Winnipeg, between you and me, especially in ND, well, that's pretty much YOUR PROBLEM, eh... But we'll be here to help you out when you call us just like last time... :D

Well, see'in as how y'all are so proud of having the world's entire fresh water supply, seems just fittin' to send it all your way.

Enjoy...at least it will get your mind off of Wisconsin cheeseheads for a spell.

Enjoy...at least it will get your mind off of Wisconsin cheeseheads for a spell.

I can see shy you're worried. It's sad that the anti-government sentiment in North Dakota prevented them from ever getting a proper flood plan in place. You'd think that they would have learned after Grand Forks in 1997.

The Red River Floodway in Winnipeg is an engineering marvel, and something that could only have been achieved through a strong government.

I hope your back doesn't get too sore from sandbagging.

Any Fox News watchers viewing this topic should be aware of a “mistake” made by FOX news regarding the situation in Wisconsin. The correct poll numbers show that 61% of the public would oppose a law removing collective bargaining compared with 33% who would favor such a law. Fox reversed those numbers :o gotta watch the news you get from Fox.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201102230006

Amazingly enough I have read every page of this thread - and in the end decided to reply to the original issue at hand, instead of making an attempt at replying to all of the clueless hand-wringing that has dominated this discussion.

We don't need unions, only the free market can properly determine what any given person's labour is worth.

:lol::lol:

BBBWWWWWAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

(waiting to catch breath)

BBBWWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

((I think my stomach is going to bleed)

BBBBBWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Oh...Wait a minute...You're actually serious...

:blink::blink:

It's nice to see you admit that this is just the first step in a plan to eliminate the right to collectively bargain altogether.

I wonder if the Professor understands what this is REALLY all about???

He has yet to grasp who was/is behind the "Right To Work" movement,so...I kinda doubt it...

I don't insist you're from anywhere. How would I know? What evidence is there to support anything you say?

You just "saw why" I was from the Dakotas, busily sandbagging...wrong yet again. Just try to stick to the game and don't worry about my gender or place of residence...I don't need no creepy stalker from Canada!

Well, see'in as how y'all are so proud of having the world's entire fresh water supply, seems just fittin' to send it all your way.

Naaa, you guys can't even do that right... Most of your currently "white" water will be spilled before it ever reaches our border... You guys are just too greedy to send it all to us...

Enjoy Manitoba's fresh clean air and sparkling clean water? You betcha I do...

But since I'm not into ice fishing I'll continue to be right here watching the events in Wisconsin...

Thanks for the offer though... :D

That explains a lot about your "vision"....I don't live in either Dakotas or anywhere near a flood plain. And besides, you insist that I am from Regina....so which is it?

Hmmmm... A LIE?

- I've got about 2 feet (sorry...60 cm) of snow pack ready to melt down here and the Red River flows north. Governor Walker can't hurt you, but the spring flood could. -

Tsk, tsk... Lack of sheep?

We don't need unions, only the free market can properly determine what any given person's labour is worth.

If you don't need a union, then don't join one. Many have determined that they do need them, and this unfair action is proof of that. Unions are legally entitled to bargain for their members so your opinion here - while valid - doesn't really add anything to the topic at hand.

Unions aren't going to be outlawed, so as long as we have them they are entitled to the rights granted to them under the law.

If you don't need a union, then don't join one. Many have determined that they do need them, and this unfair action is proof of that. Unions are legally entitled to bargain for their members so your opinion here - while valid - doesn't really add anything to the topic at hand.

Unions aren't going to be outlawed, so as long as we have them they are entitled to the rights granted to them under the law.

The RTW folks beg to differ...

'Cause it's all about the "freedom"

(see to work for less)

Not at all...I do have 2 feet of snow pack....and the Red River does flow north.

Nope still 1.

Mere punctuation or reading/writing disorder? A very common affliction no wonder you caught it here...