A scathing warning against why people shouldn't vote Harper in the

http://rabble.ca/news/2011/01/ten-reasons-oppose-harper-candidate-your-riding

I tend to think people really should be warry due to the unchangable damage.

People need to step up and organize an alternative in their riding - help support someone an independent perhaps in your riding - anything but a Harper puppet - why just have one person run the entire country?

Organize today, I think it is required.

Understand conservatives don't even run their local riding organizations anymore, the upper management board does.. .that isn't democracy, it isn't even Canadian.

The guy shouldn't be in Ottawa, he should be in the Hague in his war crimes case unless he does the right thing and follows in hitlers footsteps and saves a bunch of time for everyone in getting to the point.

Hitlarpers gotta go,...

everybody now..

Hit........

and no I'm not talking about dumping more grief on average Canadians.

Edited by William Ashley

...- help support someone an independent perhaps in your riding - anything but a Harper puppet - why just have one person run the entire country?

Welcome to the Canadian parliamentary system.

The guy shouldn't be in Ottawa, he should be in the Hague in his war crimes case unless he does the right thing and follows in hitlers footsteps and saves a bunch of time for everyone in getting to the point.

You been smokin the wacky-tobacky. I dont love the man, but what has he done to put him in the Hague lol?

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Welcome to the Canadian parliamentary system.

The Canadian parliamentary system is not presidential MORAN!

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/moran.jpg

You been smokin the wacky-tobacky. I dont love the man, but what has he done to put him in the Hague lol?

Abetting war crimes.. shutting down parliament to cover up complaicency with human rights abuse and torture!

He abetting violations of the geneva convention on war (and the treatment of prisoners) --- hence WAR CRIMES.. hence him being a war criminal .. maybe you should cut down.

Edited by William Ashley

The Canadian parliamentary system is not presidential MORAN!

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/moran.jpg

Abetting war crimes.. shutting down parliament to cover up complaicency with human rights abuse and torture!

He abetting violations of the geneva convention on war (and the treatment of prisoners) --- hence WAR CRIMES.. hence him being a war criminal .. maybe you should cut down.

If you're going to call someone a "moron",you might want to spell it correctly next time...

It would give the insult a little more punch...

And frankly,although his parliamentary abuses vis a vis prorogation are valid,they had alot more to do with political expediency than any potential human rights abuses...

I'm no fan of Mr.Harper,however,I think you're stretching here...

If you're going to call someone a "moron",you might want to spell it correctly next time...

It would give the insult a little more punch...

:lol: If you are going to correct someone's referential spellings, you should probably familiarize yourself with the things they are referring to. In this context, 'moran' is perfect, and carries a double punch for the faulty spelling.

I tend to think people really should be warry due to the unchangable damage.

People need to step up and organize an alternative in their riding - help support someone an independent perhaps in your riding - anything but a Harper puppet - why just have one person run the entire country?

Organize today, I think it is required.

Understand conservatives don't even run their local riding organizations anymore, the upper management board does.. .that isn't democracy, it isn't even Canadian.

Hitlarpers gotta go,...

everybody now..

Hit........

Here is the only reply I can think of appropriate to anything that links to "rubble.com":

" WOMAN: Who are the Britons?

ARTHUR: Well, we all are. we're all Britons and I am your king.

WOMAN: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous

collective.

DENNIS: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship.

A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--

WOMAN: Oh there you go, bringing class into it again.

DENNIS: That's what it's all about if only people would--

ARTHUR: Please, please good people. I am in haste. Who lives

in that castle?

WOMAN: No one live there.

ARTHUR: Then who is your lord?

WOMAN: We don't have a lord.

ARTHUR: What?

DENNIS: I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take

it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.

ARTHUR: Yes.

DENNIS: But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified

at a special biweekly meeting.

ARTHUR: Yes, I see.

DENNIS: By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,--

ARTHUR: Be quiet!

DENNIS: --but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more--

ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?

ARTHUR: I am your king!

WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you.

ARTHUR: You don't vote for kings.

WOMAN: Well, 'ow did you become king then?

ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake,

[angels sing]

her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur

from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I,

Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.

[singing stops]

That is why I am your king!

DENNIS: Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing swords

is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power

derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical

aquatic ceremony.

ARTHUR: Be quiet!

DENNIS: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power

just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just

because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd

put me away!

ARTHUR: Shut up! Will you shut up!

DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!

ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!

DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you here that, did you here that,

eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me,

you saw it didn't you? "

William Ashley, for the love of all things holy, please stop posting.

You've taken over the forum and dumbed it down to a point it's never seen before. Probably over half the threads on the front page are started by you, and most of them are beyond stupid.

Bumblebees and communication towers? Shut up. Please.

William Ashley, for the love of all things holy, please stop posting.

You've taken over the forum and dumbed it down to a point it's never seen before. Probably over half the threads on the front page are started by you, and most of them are beyond stupid.

Bumblebees and communication towers? Shut up. Please.

Moonbox, don't you think that is up to Charles to judge that? You may not like some of the stuff posted here, but its not up to you. You do have the right to voice your opinion, but how can you think you can tell people what to post?

- why just have one person run the entire country?

One person doesnt.

Hitlarpers gotta go,...

Oh...you lose. Thanks for playing.

Moonbox, don't you think that is up to Charles to judge that? You may not like some of the stuff posted here, but its not up to you. You do have the right to voice your opinion, but how can you think you can tell people what to post?

Topaz,

No it's not. Charles polices this forum, but it's up to us to make it a forum that we like. If left-of-centre posters are sick of trolling-baiting from right wing posters then they should do their part and call out low quality posters from their own side of the line.

William Ashley is that LOC poster:

Hitlarpers gotta go,...

everybody now..

Hit........

What garbage. I hope he leaves too, as he's not adding anything. Comparing Harper to Hitler is as bad as bringing up the hoary "Ice Age" debate in the climate threads...

I like a forum with good discussion, don't you ? If so then let's show him the door.

In theory I would agree with you, Topaz. However, sometimes people do push the envelope to the point where it becomes aggravating. Most people post a few at a time. This is a case where someone seems to be making it a full-time job! What's more, most of the posts are really a stretch, to the point where they are just plain silly!

It's almost as if some folks from "rubble.com" have a plan to slowly drive this board crazy. After all, MLW is known as a bit rightwing. To "rubble.com" folks, that makes MLW evil incarnate and a fair target for mischief. They do tend to be insufferably rude, profane and snotty people on that board, as I know from personal experience.

How do we balance freedom with aggravation? I'm not sure. We all have the freedom to ignore certain posts and certain posters. Or, if they spark our interest, we can choose to engage them in debate. Like always, if we feed the trolls we can't complain that they come around. Maybe if we all ignored more such posters they would go away.

Maybe if we all ignored more such posters they would go away.

If an actual troll (small green grimy thing making gutteral noises - has horns) showed up in your neighbourhood, would you:

1 ) Talk to it ?

2 ) Feed it ?

3 ) Go home and email your neighbourhood watch representative and wait for him/her to do something ?

4 ) Ignore it ?

5 ) Drive it away ?

I would do #5, I would imagine, and that's the best course for MLW too, in my opinion.

Edited by Michael Hardner

If an actual troll (small green grimy thing making gutteral noises - has horns) showed up in your neighbourhood, would you:

1 ) Talk to it ?

2 ) Feed it ?

Of course I would feed it and talk to it. I mean..I mean who wouldn't want a pet troll?

Hitlarpers gotta go,...

Now I remember why I stopped visiting this forum. But let's go with it and have a debate. I'll take the position the you are closer to Hilter (Ashitler) the Stephen Harper is.

My first point would be that Harper, amidst criticism, has taken an unprecedented stance in support of Israel. Hitler attempted to eradicate the Jews. This would make their actions polar opposite. Did you stand with Harper or were you among his critics who labelled it 'unCanadian.'

My second point would be that you have said Harper shouldn't be in Ottawa. In a true democracy you only have one vote yet you've taken the stance that the country should follow your will. Like Hitler.

My third point would be Hitler didn't know he was crazy. Your turn.

I don't see MLW as right wing, maybe a few years ago it was but it isn't now, to me it tilts a bit to port side, but otherwise it's a good mix. ( barring pet trolls of course from rabble ) acchhhh

!!!

The fact that I read criticism of MLW being too left- and too right- and I can't remember which I read more indicates to me that we're battling over the centre-zeitgeist.

Topaz give me some credit. I probably don't like half or more of what is posted on this forum. You and I, for example, probably disagree on a good majority of things, yet I'm not here telling you to get off the forum. I enjoy discussing and arguing differences of opinions. If everyone wrote stuff I liked I probably wouldn't be here.

The difference with William Ashley, however, is that he makes no effort whatsoever to think about what he's writing. I wouldn't give a crap if he came out with a few rubbish posts every so often, but when his scrambled, barely coherent and raving 'thoughts' take over fully half of the discussion board, it's just plain annoying.

He's a troll. What's funny is I don't think he's even trying to be a troll. He's one of those poor souls who, while sometimes entertaining, has no idea how moronic most of the crap is that he writes.

I think if he stopped posting for awhile, or at least slowed down, he'd have more time to reflect on what he was actually thinking and it might be slightly less stupid.

1 ) Talk to it ?

2 ) Feed it ?

3 ) Go home and email your neighbourhood watch representative and wait for him/her to do something ?

4 ) Ignore it ?

5 ) Drive it away ?

I would do #5, I would imagine, and that's the best course for MLW too, in my opinion.

Me, I use 12 Ga.

Same for nuisance bears :)