Status Updates

Greg

• Forum Admin

I've noticed a disappointing trend amongst certain forum members - insulting other members via the Status Updates feature.

If this continues, I will begin to suspend the offending members. The forums rules apply to all sections/features of the discussion forums. Please treat each other with respect.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed a disappointing trend amongst certain forum members - insulting other members via the Status Updates feature.

If this continues, I will begin to suspend the offending members. The forums rules apply to all sections/features of the discussion forums. Please treat each other with respect.

I hope I haven't offended.

You just want all of us to click on your profile, don't you. Admit it, you little attention whore...

My profile? I barely look at that or its stats.

I really wanted to leave a post to follow the topic, and to bring the topic to life.

is there an IP.Board hack to extend the 'Ignore Feature' to Status Updates? :lol:
Yeah, God forbid you have to read something you don't agree with for a few seconds. You're really workin on that bubble, eh bubble boy.

of course, the issue isn't about agreeing or disagreeing with a status update message. The issue is the proclivity of certain MLW members, or more pointedly, one particular MLW member with Shady practices, utilizing the area for personalized taunts directed at other members. Obviously, as much as the area can offer, uhhh... witticisms, one particular Shady character regularly abused the status update area. The comment you appear to take exception to... that you replied to here... was simply a benign query as to whether the board held a feature capability to allow the forum level messaging ignore option to be extended to the Status Update area.

• 2 years later...

I'm inclined to agree with that too as it is often used to disparage and putdown members. I'm not sure if the sidebar really is the reason for lack of content and degradation of the forum. Facebook and Twitter have taken away a lot of people from forums IMO.

I'm inclined to agree with that too as it is often used to disparage and putdown members.

as often as... vacation plans, updates on vacation plans, welcome back greetings, workout schedules, workout results, ongoing displays of Obama Derangement Syndrome, 3-Stooges quotes, etc., etc., etc.. As often as those?

Guest American Woman

I find it strange that some people lock their update.

I don't. Most likely they just feel like saying what's on their mind without the resulting ugly/trolling that some can't seem to refrain from.

• 5 months later...

Made an unusual status update today.

Lately, I've been looking for something interesting to use on my update, but nothing out there that really garbs me worth my time.

Shady jumped in with some good advise!

I consider Shady to be the King of status updates around this forum!

His advise was to find something that you're passionate about. Now I was already on to that, but he came right out and nailed it!

A couple of other posters took advantage of my unusual status update to make some fun at my expense! And it was great fun!

I enjoy the update feature and think that this feature is underrated and not used by enough posters!

Any thoughts about expanding/modifying the feature to increase the attractiveness?

WWWTT

It would be easier if there was a report function/key for the status updates. Or is there, and am I just missing it?

WWWTT

• 3 weeks later...

Are status updates removed without informing the person who posted them?

Yes --- if they violate any of the forum rules and guidelines which contain the words "will be deleted without warning."

Because I'm pretty sure I posted one the other day and it's not around...

...and I am pretty sure that I have not paid attention to your Status Updates in a long time. Nobody reported any of your status updates in a while. What was the content of your Status Update?