Status Updates

Greg

Shouldn't some of these status updates be posted in the appropriate threads so they can be debated? It seems sort of a cop-out to post there. Is this the intention of status updates?

I agree. Getting rid of the status update would be a good thing. Would force some of the posts back to some threads and would actually benefit the forums by that alone. Some thread participation is down simply because some have took it too the sidelines.

Something I have mentioned several times on the 'how to make the forums better' thread.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Getting rid of the status update would be a good thing. Would force some of the posts back to some threads and would actually benefit the forums by that alone. Some thread participation is down simply because some have took it too the sidelines.Something I have mentioned several times on the 'how to make the forums better' thread.

You're always free to toggle off seeing any status updates if you don't like to see them.

You're always free to toggle off seeing any status updates if you don't like to see them.

If I see them or not, it still takes away from thread participation. Actually, keep posting in the updates instead of the threads. I think I might actually prefer it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

No it doesn't. One can do both.

True. But if a member decides to post a few more real thread posts than normal, you seem to have an issue? And where did you decide to air the complaint? In the status update.

I won't complain about you sitting in the status updates anymore, if you stop complaining about Big Guy's amount of forum threads. Deal?

True. But if a member decides to post a few more real thread posts than normal, you seem to have an issue? And where did you decide to air the complaint? In the status update.

I won't complain about you sitting in the status updates anymore, if you stop complaining about Big Guy's amount of forum threads. Deal?

I think posting the last 9 thread topics was and is a bit excessive. Especially when those topics are getting minumal responses. That's my opinion. Others are free to disagree.

I agree. Getting rid of the status update would be a good thing. Would force some of the posts back to some threads and would actually benefit the forums by that alone. Some thread participation is down simply because some have took it too the sidelines.

However the status updates IS A PART OF this forum. Also is a unique characteristic that should be expanded upon!

WWWTT

However the status updates IS A PART OF this forum. Also is a unique characteristic that should be expanded upon!

WWWTT

It was not pat of the original web design. When the site was upgraded, the plugin part for that was available, but only was enabled some time later. Overall it is a relatively new function to the site.

I think posting the last 9 thread topics was and is a bit excessive. Especially when those topics are getting minumal responses. That's my opinion. Others are free to disagree.

Participate or don't. Just don't complain about it from the sidelines if you chose not to participate.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

is there a limit on how many times a particular status update can be input? It seems everyone on this board, except one member, takes their shot and, depending on activity level, has their update displayed for the period of time before it "rolls off", subject to that activity level. One particular shady practices member here has, quite literally, put forward the exact same worded status update... now approaching, at least (as I've viewed)... 10 separate updates now. #abusiveShadyPractices

• 4 months later...