Burn a Qu'ran Day.

How is a bunch of religious nutjobs the horse's mouth but the book it's all based on isn't? :unsure: Islam is a very diverse group, what your doing is like posting a video about the pope saying the holocaust was a good thing. Then saying because of that all baptists believe that the holocaust was a good thing, even though what the pope said doesn't go for all Catholics let alone all Christians.

And in my opinion anyone who generalizes a group based on individuals is a bigot.

Any atheist who defends religion is no atheist.

What's this?

I note your childish name-calling. Loser.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it say about your company when your funding comes from Saudi Arabia and Iran. :lol: Oh well. That's when you suddenly stop caring about funding. :rolleyes:

Unlike Rupert Murdoch,whose other shareholder in Newscorp is a member of the Saudi Royal family...

Shady has suddenly stopped caring about funding from Saudi Arabia. :lol:

Wait so this building has not been occupied since 1995?

That building was not the target of the attack but collateral damage of the attack. And the building has been free from 1995, but people only claim that it is free because of the building getting collateral damage from the attack.

Unlike Rupert Murdoch,whose other shareholder in Newscorp is a member of the Saudi Royal family...

Shady has suddenly stopped caring about funding from Saudi Arabia. :lol:

Gee, if Fox News and mosques are practically the same thing, why do you bigots hate Fox News so much?

-k

What does it say about your company when your funding comes from Saudi Arabia and Iran. :lol: Oh well. That's when you suddenly stop caring about funding. :rolleyes:

Neither is keeping me company since I'm neither a protester nor a supporter of building the mosque. My 'camp', if you will, is the one standing up not necessarily for building the mosque but rather for the right to build the mosque (yeah, I know I know, so do you), and the right for the local congregation to build it without harassment.

Now as for Saudi and Iranian funding, prove it.

Any atheist who defends religion is no atheist.

That would be like saying that a person who believes in freedom of speech, but defends the right of another to say that absolute freedom of speech is undesirable, does not really believe in freedom of speech.

An atheist who defends religion is merely a person with a belief about the divine defending the right of others to have their own opinion of it.

...out of context, an True Metis pointed out.

An expert at Islamic texts now? Why not, eh?

:lol::lol:

What it all boils down to for me is YOU defending cat torture. After all...it is a major cat torturing cult of over 1 billion...so they apparently deserve respect. If this was the Moonies or some other lesser group of cat torturers, my huntch is that you'd be agreeing with me. After all, I can't really believe you want Sharia Law...dead homosexuals...beaten women...etc. Or do you? What do you find attractive about the Religion of Peace cult? Or, are you just getting all warm and fuzzy re: multiculturalism?

http://www.hudson-ny.org/1346/mosque-at-ground-zero-muslim-view

Edited by DogOnPorch

That would be like saying that a person who believes in freedom of speech, but defends the right of another to say that absolute freedom of speech is undesirable, does not really believe in freedom of speech.

An atheist who defends religion is merely a person with a belief about the divine defending the right of others to have their own opinion of it.

So warm....so fuzzy. I'm an atheist...your religion sucks.

Meh...I provided 6 examples of Islamic stupidity from the horse's mouth. You're free to post vids of similar religious idiocy. In my opinion, defending the cult of Islam is akin to torturing a cat. Defend it if you will. Don't expect ME to go "Oh Islam is OK because Buddhist's do like-wise." Cat torture is still nasty no matter who is doing it.

Can I start bringing out juicy bon mottes from Leviticus now?

How is a bunch of religious nutjobs the horse's mouth but the book it's all based on isn't? :unsure: Islam is a very diverse group, what your doing is like posting a video about the pope saying the holocaust was a good thing. Then saying because of that all baptists believe that the holocaust was a good thing, even though what the pope said doesn't go for all Catholics let alone all Christians.

And in my opinion anyone who generalizes a group based on individuals is a bigot.

Bingo. People automatically assume that all Muslims are similar because christianity tends to be quite centralised. Every mosque is really quite different, there is no head of the religion. The are very different interpretations of what the Qu'ran means. The bible contains some pretty horrible stuff against women, too. Yet, when was the last time there was a complaint about where a church could go?

Bingo. People automatically assume that all Muslims are similar because christianity tends to be quite centralised.

That's not really right either though. Christianity is very diverse...it's just that many Christians only consider their sect to be right, and all others to be false.

Bingo. People automatically assume that all Muslims are similar because christianity tends to be quite centralised. Every mosque is really quite different, there is no head of the religion. The are very different interpretations of what the Qu'ran means. The bible contains some pretty horrible stuff against women, too. Yet, when was the last time there was a complaint about where a church could go?

Again...relativism. Start a thread about the evils of Creationism.

Oh yeah? What about religion am I failing to grasp?

It does not follow from the universe being very large and humanity occupying a very (very) small place in it that religion is " bad " . If you are too lazy to suss out a more complete argument, do not expect me to do it for you so that we can debate it.