Over 206,000 women have served in the U.S. military

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old news....

Many female soldiers say they are sexually assaulted by their male comrades and can't trust the military to protect them. "The knife wasn't for the Iraqis," says one woman. "It was for the guys on my own side."

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/03/07/women_in_military/

As for the numbers, how many males have served and been wounded, killed, or "assaulted"?

This is why NO ONE wins in a war, and maybe it should be up to the people to decide if they want to country to go to war and NOT the politicans.

Whoa, just look who benefits from it (the war). And who loses (health, sanity, life, etc). Politician and war is like a bear and a honeycomb. All sweet, if done the right way. Just let them decide.

Old news....

Many female soldiers say they are sexually assaulted by their male comrades and can't trust the military to protect them. "The knife wasn't for the Iraqis," says one woman. "It was for the guys on my own side."

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/03/07/women_in_military/

As for the numbers, how many males have served and been wounded, killed, or "assaulted"?

I'm not sure what your response means.

It's not really old news, because it is happening today.

This is why NO ONE wins in a war

No, this is why the U.S. military shouldn't be used as social experimentation. Adding women to a group of the most testosterone oriented men in the world was a recipe for disaster. The same goes for openly gay and lesbian individuals.

I'm sorry, but these are the unintended consequences of do-gooder liberals, and at some point they need to be held responsible for their actions. :angry:

I'm not sure what your response means.

It's not really old news, because it is happening today.

It is old news...and an even older issue for "women in the military". Harassment and assaults are common for males as well, as I have personally spent time on many such UCMJ (NJP) proceedings going back to the 1970's.

I don't know why anyone would expect differently compared to the civilian workplace, university campus, or even the US president (e.g. Bill Clinton).

30% have been raped??? Jesus Christ that's epidemic. I can't believe that.

Though 90% say sexual harassment? i would have predicted like 98%.

If their own countrymen/women are treated this way, imagine how they treat those who they're occupying.

Guest TrueMetis

No, this is why the U.S. military shouldn't be used as social experimentation. Adding women to a group of the most testosterone oriented men in the world was a recipe for disaster. The same goes for openly gay and lesbian individuals.

I'm sorry, but these are the unintended consequences of do-gooder liberals, and at some point they need to be held responsible for their actions. :angry:

Unless you can site a source saying this happens in all militaries than what you say is crap.

Gov. Clinton assaulted Ms. Jones and Willey. The Lewinsky episode got President Clinton impeached. This is a trend.

So Clinton didn't rape anyone and you're just throwing out names for the sake of an argument that you're not being clear about.

What do you think about the 30% of female American soldiers being raped? Is this a problem? Is it okay? Does something need to be done?

So Clinton didn't rape anyone and you're just throwing out names for the sake of an argument that you're not being clear about.

You're the one who cited rape....not me. Sexual harrassment / assault includes more than "rape".

What do you think about the 30% of female American soldiers being raped? Is this a problem? Is it okay? Does something need to be done?

Like I told you...it is old news.

http://www.defense.gov/news/fact_sheets/sxhas95.html

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Unless you can site a source saying this happens in all militaries than what you say is crap.

Of course it happens in all militaries. Except that all militaries don't have the same depth of study and investigation as the one posted. Also, the American military has more women serving in it than any other military in the world, so of course it's going to be more prevalent.

You're the one who cited rape....not me. Sexual harrassment / assault includes more than "rape".

Like I told you...it is old news.

http://www.defense.gov/news/fact_sheets/sxhas95.html

It's not old news. It's happening today.

You're showing a link to information from the early 90's. This is about women in the military who have been serving since 2003, in the middle-east.

What do you think about 1/3 of women who joined the U.S. military being raped? Do you think it is a major problem? Do you think it needs to be resolved?