"Israel must be wiped off the map"-was Ahmadinejad misquoted

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isreal is taking up to much valuable real estate of the mind. Could be time that we became omni-present and looked at the whole world as a whole and addressed all the problems - what is this very specialness about Israel - they can take care of them selves - make friends with the Arabs - they have no choice - it is either eternal strife or peace - negotiate...and stop being pricks.

• 2 weeks later...
What seems like more of a threat?

A leader quoting some ambiguous words which potentially suggest that he wants the state of Israel gone, but clearly does not suggest ethnic cleansing or Iran attacking Israel?

or

A request from Israel to the US to make a military strike against Iran?

Furthermore, the US makes all kinds of implied threats against Iran, including labelling it as part of the axis of evil.

But perhaps the most threatening thing of all, is the US veto of a UN resolution that would have forbidden nuclear countries from using nuclear weapons against non-nuclear countries.

Frankly, unless the US reverses course on that decision, I believe Iran has every right to develop nuclear weapons.

Nuclear weapons are meant to be used..that's there very purpose - and if a non-nuclear country wants to mess with a bomb power - the UN should use some common sense and ban any NON-NUCLEAR POWER from harrassing a bomb power. kind of a at your own risk law. For the Unitied Nations to insist that no nulear weapons are ever to be used against a non- nuclear power is to say .....Only those with nukes are entitled to nuke others with nukes - this is madness - who hired these guy anyway...and finally -

If I hear that sanatized word for genocide "ethnic cleansing" again I will vomit! The word cleansing exudes the wonderful thought that there is somthing filithy and dirty and loathsome that has to be cleaned up...It softens the reality of genocide - The "ethinc cleaning" in Bosnia probably went on for years longer than if we would have called it murderous genocide...The media embraced this term and the use of this world curbed public outrage to the point where thousands more died...I hate the term and those using it are either stupid or wicked - which is about the same.

A leader quoting some ambiguous words which potentially suggest that he wants the state of Israel gone, but clearly does not suggest ethnic cleansing or Iran attacking Israel?

or

Furthermore, the US makes all kinds of implied threats against Iran, including labelling it as part of the axis of evil.

But perhaps the most threatening thing of all, is the US veto of a UN resolution that would have forbidden nuclear countries from using nuclear weapons against non-nuclear countries.

Frankly, unless the US reverses course on that decision, I believe Iran has every right to develop nuclear weapons.

or

If one person within the rural block owns a shot gun - then the guy down at the end of the road should be able to have one. What makes one leader of one nation more or less crazy than the next? Crazy people do not become leaders of nations...sure we could talk about Stalin - or Saddam etc. but in the over all, all are sane. This would be like going back in time and some group of nations or a primary super power states that only they can have and manufacture gun powder. Either disarm all or arm all - it's very oppressive - when America reserves the right to have a thousand nukes and no one else can have a few. The only reason for this is to bring about submission though subtle coersion.

So calling for the overthrow of another countries government is now acceptable?

What happened to the outrage over the Iraq War? Is it only bad when the US does it?

There is a big diffeence between caling for the overthrow of a regime and calling for the termination of a nation from all time. I didn't read the paper this AM but I assume Iraq still exists and there is still an Iraqi goverment. I'm pretty sure amandamdingdong isn't calling for the replacement of Likud in the next election...

The phrase "Israel must be wiped off the map" has been attributed to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and has been used by politicians and the media for various reasons, including reasons to be concerned about Iran's nuclear ambitions.

However, did he actually say those words?

The Proof:

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

Consider this article by Arash Norouzi:

I think that stating that "this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" is a bit too bellicose. How would you feel if Bush or Obama said that about the "regime" in Ottawa?

I think the difference might be described as the difference between threatening to knock someones lights out over mopping the floor with someones face...

That's a rather good explanation of the difference.

I find this left wing fetish involving islamism quite an interesting study in psychology.

The pathology goes something like this.

See, liberals are supposed hate "violence" or "war". But in many instances, they seem to find it acceptable if committed by islamists.

Examples include many academics' assertion that the US "brought 9-11 onto herself". Other examples include any rocket firing by Palestinians. Of course I could go on.

Now how does a pacifist lefty reconcile favouring the kind of violence committed by Islamists? Easy. Because it's "understandable".

How is it "understandable"? Because there is one thing lefties hate even worse than violent conflict: AMERICA. Just the very idea of it makes them set fire to things in the streets.

So in reality, left wingers and Islamists have a kinship: the hatred of AMERICA. In fact, I know many left wing academic types who have actrually converted to Islam. And when you think about it, it makes perfect sense, because Islam is the "new" USSR. It's the new "anti america" symbol to which all AMERICA haters can gravitate.

It's a very intriguing pathology, and makes itself quite evident on a thread like this one.

No more than your own "ideology".....it's a big map.

Apparently not big enough.

Jerry

Examples include many academics' assertion that the US "brought 9-11 onto herself". Other examples include any rocket firing by Palestinians. Of course I could go on.

Blowback, look it up. CIA,. muhajedeen, soviets, afghanistan . bin laden ..ect ect ...

Apparently not big enough.

Jerry

Blowback, look it up. CIA,. muhajedeen, soviets, afghanistan . bin laden ..ect ect ...

Iraq - the whole damned thing was blow back big time. Blow back is when you underestimate your apponent and the complexity of the human mind and spirit..It's a kind of leap off the bridge in the dark believing that there are no rocks in the river. Another word for it is a lack of vision...or blindness! Do you really think that Cheney and the other non-militaral corporate boys actually full understood the big picture and the culture of those in Iraq? Rule number one - never underestimate anyone ever! Egotism and a kind of loathing and detest for those with less material wealth caused the blow back - The corporates all assume - that the poor are stupid..and backward - sometimes there are those that choose not to persue a life of material accumulation or domination of others - I would safely say that there are at least 100 people in Iraq who are shinning sandals who were more than qualified to run America -----and also - what the hell is that - giving the shoe tosser three years in jail for insulting a man that has no shame.

And when you think about it, it makes perfect sense, because Islam is the "new" USSR. It's the new "anti america" symbol to which all AMERICA haters can gravitate.

You're absolutely Spot on Jerry! Only thing I woulds say is this: It's zionism that is the "new" USSR. Remember back in the sixties the commies were Amercia's no 1 enemy? Communism is long gone but Russia is still there. That's exactly what Ahmadinejad was quoted saying "this corrupted zionist regime must be removed from pages of time" not "another country to be wiped off thew map!"

Zionism is cabaist style commune living for the lower classes - this commune is communism. The supposed Zionist - and you have to remember there are millions of people who are not Jews who are Zionists...find the Muslims to be a problem because the won't comply to moving into the eternal earthy cabutz created for slaves...do you blame them?

Anti-Zionism is the new anti-Semitism...

Yah green party - Green is the new red...Seniour legalist corporate types refere to Judaism as "a state of mind"...so what these gentle old Christian types are saying is that you don't have to be Jewish to be Jewish...That you can be an honourary Jew - if that works I guess the Zionism is a club you can enter without being Jewish...great....so what's going to happen when people start picking on non-jews that are Zionists - will that be anti-semitism towards those that are not semites ---the plot thickens...wonder if I can be an honouray white person? - Obama is. Looks like the door are open - I'm a goin in eyes tell yah...lets see - wait - director of social services - maybe git in thar and work for Hamas --- I tell yah _ I see a lot of child neglect and abuse -time to snatch up dem kids - dat will teach em for lobing dem dare rockets...yah!

Yah green party - Green is the new red...Seniour legalist corporate types refere to Judaism as "a state of mind"...so what these gentle old Christian types are saying is that you don't have to be Jewish to be Jewish...That you can be an honourary Jew - if that works I guess the Zionism is a club you can enter without being Jewish...great....so what's going to happen when people start picking on non-jews that are Zionists - will that be anti-semitism towards those that are not semites ---the plot thickens...wonder if I can be an honouray white person? - Obama is. Looks like the door are open - I'm a goin in eyes tell yah...lets see - wait - director of social services - maybe git in thar and work for Hamas --- I tell yah _ I see a lot of child neglect and abuse -time to snatch up dem kids - dat will teach em for lobing dem dare rockets...yah!

You know enough about me to know I see things from both sides of anti-Semitism.

Zionism is cabaist style commune living for the lower classes - this commune is communism. The supposed Zionist - and you have to remember there are millions of people who are not Jews who are Zionists...find the Muslims to be a problem because the won't comply to moving into the eternal earthy cabutz created for slaves...do you blame them?
I am both a Jew and a Zionist. I do not engage in "cabaist (sic, should be cabalist) style commune living" I am not "lower class". My problem with Muslims is slightly different; they want us (meaning Jews and Christians) dead.

It's interesting that people call muslims who practise that religion as evils even though there may be christians that have converted to islam. So in essence all those that followed islam not even muslims you have problem with. In that sense you can take the same brush and label all muslim countries from Morroco to Indonesia as practicing evil religion. Infact whilst you''re at it the whole 1.2 billion muslim population is now the subject of discrimination. Same kind of prejudices that was shown towards jews during the WWII only this time the focus is on muslims.

But as soon as one mentions zionism then the anti semitism card shows up!!! Sad!