"Israel must be wiped off the map"-was Ahmadinejad misquoted

But as soon as one mentions zionism then the anti semitism card shows up!!! Sad!
Because there is very little difference between the demonization and delegitimization of Israel and hatred of Jews.

As are as the rest of your comment, if I saw more vocal attacks by mainstream Muslims in any of those countries, including emigrants to the U.S. and Canada I'd be more convinced that Islam is not inherently a hateful religion. I hope it isn't but am losing my faith in that daily.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there is very little difference between the demonization and delegitimization of Israel and hatred of Jews.

As are as the rest of your comment, if I saw more vocal attacks by mainstream Muslims in any of those countries, including emigrants to the U.S. and Canada I'd be more convinced that Islam is not inherently a hateful religion. I hope it isn't but am losing my faith in that daily.

And there's evidently very little difference between demonising Islam for the actions of the few muslims and haterd of the whole nation!

It works both ways and unless one takes off the tinted glass and see the argument from both sides then I will consider it biased and will argue against!

As for the rest of your comment, I'm afraid it has no relevance to the topic on this thread, which concerns the misquoted comments on Israel.

And there's evidently very little difference between demonising Islam for the actions of the few muslims and haterd of the whole nation!

It works both ways and unless one takes off the tinted glass and see the argument from both sides then I will consider it biased and will argue against!

I guess you persist in ignoring what I say about the lack of mainstream Muslim criticism of "the actions of the few muslims and haterd (sic) of the whole nation". Even when Yemen or Pakistan "arrests" a terrorist those terrorists usually "escape" shortly thereafter or are released. There is no systemic intolerance for what amounts to lawlessness.
As for the rest of your comment, I'm afraid it has no relevance to the topic on this thread, which concerns the misquoted comments on Israel.
As for "misquoted" comments the misquotes amount to hair-splitting.

... as soon as one mentions zionism then the anti semitism card shows up!!! Sad!

Read the above. It makes no sense. It reflects your generalized assumptions.

As soon as? You know this for a fact? When you start an assumption with a precept where you assume in all cases something must be so,

you render it an absurdity.

In fact there will be times when people engage in debates about Israeli policies but engage in comments

and references that utter negative generalizations about all Jews. That would be anti-semitism.

In fact at other times when people engage in debates about Israeli policies they will be just that, debates

about Israeli policies and only that because the people making them will not make references that

make negative generalizations about all Jews or the Jewish religion or culture.

If in fact a debater makes comments that engage in negative generalizations about Israelis then it might

be anti-Israeli.

Your attempt to suggest people who accuse others of engaging in anti-semitism during debates as to Israel

do it simply when people criticize Israel is a negative generalization you now apply to anyone who supports

Israel in a debate. That is a stereotype.

It is that kind of stereotyping whether it is against, Jews, Israelis, Muslims, anyone, that is challenged.

Challenge yourself not to make sweeping generalizations assuming you know what everyone who disagrees

with you or says something thinks. It is among other things, intellectually lazy.

You want to criticize Israeli policies, knock your self out. Make negative generalizations about all Jews, Muslims,

any group someone like me will call you out on it.