Rae steps in as coalition's chief salesman

Article @ http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...y/politics/home

What are the chances that Rae backs off this when he reads the polls that just got released? Probably too late for him to backpedal now.

It'll be hard for him to distance himself from it, after all only a few days ago, he was patting himself on the back for being one of the architects of this Coalition.

He was very angry last night. I had never seen him on tv that way before. Clearly he's also fighting for his political survival.

This thing is falling apart, the public appears not to be as gullible as they thought.

It was never about the economy, it was and is about power at all costs. How can they say they will defeat a budget they haven’t even seen, therefore it is not about the economy. The axis of evil is spinning madly in the face of pubic outrage.

This thing is falling apart, the public appears not to be as gullible as they thought.

It was never about the economy, it was and is about power at all costs. How can they say they will defeat a budget they haven’t even seen, therefore it is not about the economy. The axis of evil is spinning madly in the face of pubic outrage.

If the CPC speak with comments like yours, I would expect there to be a continued lack of confidence in the house. If the economy was all important to the government, parliment would be operating and not on paid vacation. If the economy was all important, Flaherty would have held and economic update that actually talked about the economy instead of creating a Political, Constitutional, and Nationalist crises.

Bravo.

It was never about the economy, it was and is about power at all costs.

Yes, it was. It was about Harper trying to crippled the Opposition while avoiding doing too much on the economy until they could call another election within the next six months.

If Harper is seroius about cooperating, he will call the Opposition and seriously look at managing the situation in the country but it is most likely be that he up to his old tricks.

Edited by jdobbin

Keep looking at the tape it was planned well ahead of the budget, nothing to do with the economy - heck Jack as made that clear with his rants about not caring about what was going to be in the budget. He clearly showed people that he was about power and not much else.

A Banana Republic is what becomes of countries that regimes take over without the consent of voters.

Article @ http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...y/politics/home

What are the chances that Rae backs off this when he reads the polls that just got released? Probably too late for him to backpedal now.

I don't think the poll will make Rae back off. However, while Rae is an excellent communicator, he is not viewed as a positive amongst the voting public. His biggest asset at this point in time is that he is not Dion. I would point to the MLW poll that ran here, (MINE :rolleyes:) where of 82 votes, only 3 considered Rae..... That is not encouraging if that is the view of political hacks.... :)

I think the LPC should use their Harper Paid Vacation money, and take a media course or video production course. Could learn a thing or two about lighting :lol:

Banana republics are those taken over by rogue regimes, the 'coalition' fits that description.

Even though Harper's sound policies have kept Canada out of a recession, people might have supported this coalition, if they truly believed they had the best interest of Canadians at hear. However, it is obvious from the hate and vitriol coming from this coalition that we understand that this is not about the economy but is a purely personal issue.

This is strictly about malice and hate for Harper, okay, you can hate all you want - just don’t bring my country down with your hate.

Banana republics are those taken over by rogue regimes,

Correct, and they shutdown parliment.

the 'coalition' fits that description.

The coalition has many descriptions, but nothing to indicated a "rogue regime"

Even though Harper's sound policies have kept Canada out of a recession,

Now you are full of it..... but that is expected from paid partisans.

people might have supported this coalition,

Yes.

if they truly believed they had the best interest of Canadians at hear.

I believe that is a typo, and you mean heart. Do it all the time myself. I don't believe that ANY MP on the within the last week had ONE SINGLE CANADIAN in their mind when they started playing Russian Roulette. That starts at the top with the Prime Minister, then to the Finance Minister then the trickle down effect of petty politics and political brinksmanship.

Harper ain't any better.... his job was to save his own hairy butt....

However, it is obvious from the hate and vitriol coming from this coalition that we understand that this is not about the economy but is a purely personal issue.

This is strictly about malice and hate for Harper, okay, you can hate all you want - just don’t bring my country down with your hate.

I dislike Dion. Harper is a polarizing force sitting as Prime Minister. The crises was of his own making. That has nothing to do with hate. If you are wondering why the government was close to be removed, just turn to the Prime Minister.

These clowns, and Clowns they are, these childish babies are receiving a Paid Christmas and New Years vacation, while people working and not working are having to resort to food banks for the first time in their lives.

Don't tell me about this Harper and the recession. I see it, and it stinks like the PM his caucus and the rest of our MPs who are sitting in the corner with their Dunce Caps on.

:( :angry: :ph34r:

Edited by madmax

Great timing, Mr. Rae. He's succeded to his dream job of first officer on the Titanic - after it's already hit the iceberg. The coallition is dead. It only takes 7 Liberals to say no so you would have had to have very tight caucus agreement to push this thing through. Clearly they don't have any.

Edited by Argus

Great timing, Mr. Rae. He's succeded to his dream job of first officer on the Titanic - after it's already hit the iceberg. The coallition is dead. It only takes 7 Liberals to say no so you would have had to have very tight caucus agreement to push this thing through. Clearly they don't have any.

I agree with you Argus, 100%.

I was hoping that Rae might eventually submit some new and interesting ideas for governing the nation and was considering voting for him.

Now, it appears that he's aligned himself with this self-serving power play that Canadians have already started rejecting.

The Liberals and NDP have now lost my vote with their recent behavior.

Banana republics are those taken over by rogue regimes, the 'coalition' fits that description.

I've been at loss for a while now as why some clueless people bother to broadcast their less than original "thoughts" over and over, polluting the virtual media to the extent that it's almost impossible to go anywhere anymore without stepping into some kind of mental b.s.? There's been a 1001 expert explaining to them the nature of parliamentary democracy, constitution and the law. And they'd go on, unabated in any way, droning their rehearsed adage ("coup", "separatists-souveragnists", "sky is falling" etc). Is it (i.e that astounding ablity to thoughtlessly and cluelessly repeat delegated from top text) individual? Or does it come free with the CPC membership card?

These clowns, and Clowns they are, these childish babies are receiving a Paid Christmas and New Years vacation, while people working and not working are having to resort to food banks for the first time in their lives.

Both parts of this are sad, and yes everyone would love that job not working and being paid. But at a time like this, I think they should face the voters.

I think Canadians will see an change when those Libs who supported the Chretien years come back to the polls and vote. Voters will only take so much and Harper is going to do something, if he hasn't yet, that will anger those voters so they will hit back at Harper and throw him out! I like Rae, I watched him overs the years and he has grown and matured and has more experience in politics than Harper.

Bob Rae is back to his roots. He's dragged the Liberals to the Left in joining the NDP and Bloc - two "progressive" parties of course. Rae knew that he was losing the leadership to Ignatieff so his only alternative was to pin his hopes on the coalition and hope that he came out being the saviour. Ignatieff has wisely stayed in the background. Even though Canadians are clearly against a Leftist coalition, Rae is going to be flogging its dubious merits over the next month. The longer the Liberals support this coalition, the more they abandon Center and Center-left voters. Rae is now a dead duck - no chance of recovery for him. Ignatieff will be the last man standing and the Liberals will be stuck with another professor at the helm. How pathetic that the moves of Dion, Rae, Ignatieff and Layton have all been driven by personal ambition. The only person with their integrity intact is Gilles Duceppe.

Edited by Keepitsimple

How pathetic that the moves of Dion, Rae, Ignatieff and Layton have all been driven by personal ambition. The only person with their integrity intact is Gilles Duceppe.

But he still looks like the spoiled brat of confederation.

Yes, it was. It was about Harper trying to crippled the Opposition while avoiding doing too much on the economy until they could call another election within the next six months.

If Harper is seroius about cooperating, he will call the Opposition and seriously look at managing the situation in the country but it is most likely be that he up to his old tricks.

Wrong, this was done before the budget was even put forward, they planned it immediately after the election, so spin it anyway you like but it is nothing but hate for Harper and power for the left at any cost.

When all the tumult and the shouting (read lies) from the opposition dies, these facts will remain.

The election funding issue has them riled of course, but we know that Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver— Messrs. Dion and Layton are prepared to betray the Canadian people for $1.95 per vote by turning over the balance of power to the separatist Bloc.

Loyal Canadian MPs should ponder this carefully — voters will, and are, the numbers are astounding,

This is yummy!

New polls show huge Tory gains:COMPAS: CPC 51, LPC 20, NDP 10, BQ 8, GPC

6Ipsos: CPC 46, LPC 23, NDP 13, BQ 9, GPC 8Ekos: CPC 44, LPC 24, NDP 15,

BQ 9,

GPC 8Compas: 72% biz leaders see worse economy under Lib-Ndp-Bloc

coalition

62% ANGRY AT COALITION,

46% WOULD VOTE TORY

The 51% blows away all records that i am aware of for sentiment. The 61% against the $1.95 is très important; it has definitely struck a chord with a lot of people, some of whom were not even aware of it.

This episode has catapulted Charest ... not the PQ (as CBC would have many believe)!

IPSOS: 68% SUPPORT GG'S PROROGUE,

61% OPPOSE FEDERAL FUNDING FOR PARTIES

Correct, and they shutdown parliment.

The coalition has many descriptions, but nothing to indicated a "rogue regime"

Now you are full of it..... but that is expected from paid partisans.

Paid partisans, :lol: :lol: I wish, that is funny, I wish, there's only on poster on here who might be a paid partisan with over 15,000 posts but I kinda doubt that too. but keep spinning, it's fun watching.

When the political opposition are focused on power at all costs, they are too busy and corrupt to govern properly so professional criminals shoulder aside the political amateurs and take over the nation. It's a sad day for Canada to watch this attempt to hijack a legitmate gov't.

Paid partisans, :lol: :lol: I wish, that is funny, I wish, there's only on poster on here who might be a paid partisan with over 15,000 posts but I kinda doubt that too. but keep spinning, it's fun watching.

When the political opposition are focused on power at all costs, they are too busy and corrupt to govern properly so professional criminals shoulder aside the political amateurs and take over the nation. It's a sad day for Canada to watch this attempt to hijack a legitmate gov't.

Stay tuned for phase 2!!

Paid partisans, :lol: :lol: I wish, that is funny, I wish....

I am terribly sorry scriblett. I believed earlier in some threads nearly a year ago that you indicated to me you worked for the Conservatives. I am truly sorry if I mistook you for someone else. You talk to many people on these forums in one year. I do not relish calling you a paid partisan when you are not. Thankfully, I didn't call you something worse.. like a swearword...like Politician :) That would be a punishable offense.