Khadr should make us ashamed to be Canadian

It did when you asked if it was legal to leave Canadian minors with foreign officials. Laws force.

No it only would have if what you're implying or imagining about force was cogent. And now I see that you've decided that laws do force.

There are ways you can help those short-term memory issues of yours.

What about yours?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No

Yes:

It's legal to leave Canadian minors alone to deal with foreign officials?

It's neither legal nor illegal; there's no law related to the specific matter. Of course, the question is moot anyway because, regardless of the presence or absence of a law making it legal or illegal for the government to "leave Canadian minors alone to deal with foreign officials", the Canadian government can't force foreign officials to hand over Canadians in detention in foreign jurisdictions, since Canadian law has no force on foreign states.

Round and round we go.

You feel free to go rotate all you want, the fact remains, Canada should still be as ashamed and even more so given the way it's continuing to drag it's sorry ass on the issue of Omar Khadr.

Oddly, I feel no shame that Khadr joined the enemy.

You feel free to go rotate all you want, the fact remains, Canada should still be as ashamed and even more so given the way it's continuing to drag it's sorry ass on the issue of Omar Khadr.

All these fine distinctions and there will be nothing left of Canada as we know it.

Man what a pile.

Army Guy claims widdle Omar could have left anytime he so desired. But he didn't desire and the proof of that is that he didnt leave.

The Taliban are, by all accounts, the most vicious and barbaric scum known to man; According to Army guy they skin people alive, cut the hands of schoolgirls and throw acid in the faces of women. Yet, suddenly, on that day in that compound, they became great beleivers in personal freedom of choice. Omar could have walked out the gate with the women and children and they would have said 'sure omar, thats fine. Just don't rat us out eh?"

He couldn't have left that compound without getting a bullet in his back. Just as Army Guy would be subject to being shot on the spot for cowardice in the face of the enemy should he have decided to walk away from some combat action he was involved in.

I know what I would've done if I had been in wee Omar's boots. I woulda said FU I'm going out that gate and you guys can do whatever you want. Apparently thats what Omar should have done. Of course, I'm 55 years old. But if I was 15? I would have stayed behind, just like lil' Omar for fear of being shot by these crazy loons.

Thats what I see happened. Is that what really happened? I don't know. He could have, just as Army guy says, been happy to remain behind and fight the Americans and die gloriously in battle. Maybe thats what happened. Again, I dont know. Niether doe's Army Guy or anyone else for that matter. My point being that the line that since young mr Khadr was there ergo he had to have chosen to be there is a line of crap.

Despite Dog-on-Porches claims of having video's of Omar cutting of somebody's head - somehow unavailable to American Military Commissions and all thier secret evidence - Despite the claims of Omar being a murdering scum; There has been no obvious evidence

of Omar killing anybody anywhere anytime! There is the supposition that the grenade that killed Sgt Speer came from a certain direction therefore widdle Omar must have thrown it because the only other one in that direction seems to have been killed earlier.

And thats it, ladies and gents, the entire killing history of murderous Omar khadr.

Well, that and the fact that Omar copped to it. The Military Commission actually took place and the Government presented its case. Unfortunately, before the Defence could make its case there was a bargain.

After 7 years in captivity Omar agreed to a deal wherein he gets 1 more year in Guatanamo then shipped to Canada for them to determine how the remaining 8 years will be served. In return he admits everything.

Of course the deal is agreed to midway through the trial, again after the prosecution made its case.

Personally I believe - and what evidence i've seen from the military commissions - that he was just a kid caught up in the wheels of

war and politics. Never killed anyone or even tried to kill anyone. I certainly do not want to see this man hung - drawn and quarterd - burnt at the stake - tried for treason or anything else, just because many hate his mom. He doesnt deserve it.

He's been railroaded from the getgo.

Man what a pile.

Army Guy claims widdle Omar could have left anytime he so desired. But he didn't desire and the proof of that is that he didnt leave.

The Taliban are, by all accounts, the most vicious and barbaric scum known to man; According to Army guy they skin people alive, cut the hands of schoolgirls and throw acid in the faces of women. Yet, suddenly, on that day in that compound, they became great beleivers in personal freedom of choice. Omar could have walked out the gate with the women and children and they would have said 'sure omar, thats fine. Just don't rat us out eh?"

[snip]

Personally I believe - and what evidence i've seen from the military commissions - that he was just a kid caught up in the wheels of

war and politics. Never killed anyone or even tried to kill anyone. I certainly do not want to see this man hung - drawn and quarterd - burnt at the stake - tried for treason or anything else, just because many hate his mom. He doesnt deserve it.

Great post!

Man what a pile.

He couldn't have left that compound without getting a bullet in his back. Just as Army Guy would be subject to being shot on the spot for cowardice in the face of the enemy should he have decided to walk away from some combat action he was involved in.

I know what I would've done if I had been in wee Omar's boots. I woulda said FU I'm going out that gate and you guys can do whatever you want. Apparently thats what Omar should have done. Of course, I'm 55 years old. But if I was 15? I would have stayed behind, just like lil' Omar for fear of being shot by these crazy loons.

Thats what I see happened. Is that what really happened? I don't know. He could have, just as Army guy says, been happy to remain behind and fight the Americans and die gloriously in battle. Maybe thats what happened. Again, I dont know. Niether doe's Army Guy or anyone else for that matter. My point being that the line that since young mr Khadr was there ergo he had to have chosen to be there is a line of crap.

Despite Dog-on-Porches claims of having video's of Omar cutting of somebody's head - somehow unavailable to American Military Commissions and all thier secret evidence - Despite the claims of Omar being a murdering scum; There has been no obvious evidence

of Omar killing anybody anywhere anytime! There is the supposition that the grenade that killed Sgt Speer came from a certain direction therefore widdle Omar must have thrown it because the only other one in that direction seems to have been killed earlier.

And thats it, ladies and gents, the entire killing history of murderous Omar khadr.

Well, that and the fact that Omar copped to it. The Military Commission actually took place and the Government presented its case. Unfortunately, before the Defence could make its case there was a bargain.

After 7 years in captivity Omar agreed to a deal wherein he gets 1 more year in Guatanamo then shipped to Canada for them to determine how the remaining 8 years will be served. In return he admits everything.

Of course the deal is agreed to midway through the trial, again after the prosecution made its case.

Well said, and it's rare for us to look at this matter as rationally as you have.

Peter and the Wolf: Despite Dog-on-Porches claims of having video's of Omar cutting of somebody's head - somehow unavailable to American Military Commissions and all thier secret evidence - Despite the claims of Omar being a murdering scum; There has been no obvious evidence

of Omar killing anybody anywhere anytime!

I said no such thing. But, there are web-sites that your Islamic terrorist pals use to upload their latest beheading videos. These are the links I'm not allowed to post least it make you look foolish...or perhaps kids might see it. I'm sure either are good reasons.

What does international law say about children soldiers? Does it say if they go through a ritual in their home countries that makes them adults, then it's ok to have 12 year old soldiers or militants? How does the Canadian military handle children soldiers on the battlefield?

We've been through this , and everyone is familar with what the international law says about child soldiers. but he is not a soldier he is classifed as a insurgent or terrorist which are not covered under any of the international laws. this has also been discussed at length, hence why the US government and courts proceeded with thier trail.

insurgent groups do not follow any international laws nor do most villages in Afghan, in fact not many middle eastern countries do. most middle eastern countries have used children in most of their conflicts as it is part of their traditional values, international laws are considered western rules...take it from there...is it OK to use children in combat well have you seen any middle eastern country up in the courts in the Hague...look at the Iran/ Iraq wars, children were used as mine sweepers, of sorts made to run in front of the troops to find any mines....did that make the courts? why is that ? and whats the piont of having laws you can not enforce ? you think they don't take advantage of that ? those laws are written for western countries and losers of conflicts...

How does the CF military handle children on the battle field, the same way as any other insurgent or terrorist is handled. if they are a threat then they are eliminated with deadly force, (read IED teams)if they are captured they are processed with the adults until time and location allows for a detailed search of indentiy as per the genva convention. which means they are treated no worse or better than any regular enemy, unlike many of the claims put in again'st the CF ...however you resist, or get phyiscal your going down and your going down hard...

Peter F.

Man what a pile.

So your suggesting i have no proof, proof that would hold up in court...your right i don't but then again thats a double edge sword, niether do you, you can't prove one way or another that if he could have escaped his life he did not take it...

The Taliban are, by all accounts, the most vicious and barbaric scum known to man; According to Army guy they skin people alive, cut the hands of schoolgirls and throw acid in the faces of women.

Lets get the record straight, yes i did say all those things, how ever if you want me to provide valid source i can so it's not just what Army guy is saying but they are proven facts....

Yet, suddenly, on that day in that compound, they became great beleivers in personal freedom of choice. Omar could have walked out the gate with the women and children and they would have said 'sure omar, thats fine. Just don't rat us out eh?"

And yet what you fail to mention here is what about all the days prior to this one event, are you trying to convince me that since he was was a wee lad there has not been one oportunity to leave, what about the day before or the day before that...you wnat me believe he could not of got up in the middle of the night and slipped out, making his way to a police station , Afghanis army camp, any NATO camp, or embassy...

That day in the compound your right his fate was sealed, and yet because we lack combat CSI teams we can not prove if OMAR took part in the fight at all, but if we were to take what you had just said onto account, he would have been forced to, would he not....forget about the grenade...just being in the building made him a target, being armed made him a valid target, to which deadly force could be applied. And i pretty sure that day he did a great deal of praying and soul searching...

Thats what I see happened. Is that what really happened? I don't know. He could have, just as Army guy says, been happy to remain behind and fight the Americans and die gloriously in battle.

What did he murmur to the american on scene, shoot me, kill me now, in english, which is what started this whole thing, they wanted to know how this kid spoke english...it is what saved his life...

My point being that the line that since young mr Khadr was there ergo he had to have chosen to be there is a line of crap.

My piont was he did, have ample time to escape yet he did not...does not mean i full of crap,NO, nor are you because i disagreed with you.

Despite the claims of Omar being a murdering scum; There has been no obvious evidence

of Omar killing anybody anywhere anytime!

Your right , there is no CSI teams on the battle field but lets look at the the big picture, the night his bomb making / planting vidio was made the next day a US convoy strikes an IED in that same sector on that same road ...not hard evidence, but we are beginning to draw some lines and connect the dots...as part of that IED stike and others in the same area, they conduct sweeping patrols in hope of finding a IED factory...and BOOM during a routine search 3 afghan soldiers are shoot down while knocking on their door, they rush outside and engage, guess who, their US mentors...who bring down the rain...lots of rain...After everyone is down or dead, they begin collect all the intell they can gather, because in less than 30m mins their will be more bad guys, what do they find bomb making shit lots of it, vidios guess who guest stars, child star Omar, who is part of an IED team, what did we say about these teams engage them any where...any time, Book em Dano ...

No that is the known history of our little man Omar, but what about what we don't know how many IED has omar planted, how many NATO soldiers has he killed or maimed, I know i Know, your making shit up, you think Omar is going to tell us that, i mean i did work ijn a IED factory that is what they do for a living....and how long did he work there...this was not his first rodeo but that is just guess and specutlating on my part, we assumed he sat in this village doing little kid shit until the day of the attack....and yet he was foced to stay, according to you by gun piont or threat of death, but we assumed he eat,slept, and shit nothing more, and yet we have him on vidio making bombs and planting them....those two things alone is a death sentence in Afghan. a Pri one target, they will use the big guns on pri one....

So Ladies and gentlemen while you sit in your computer chairs feeling sorry for MR Omar, there are hundreds of kids in Afghan who are in Omars shoes or still are....who don't get any tears or concern who are serving their time in an Afghanis prison...and we want us to feel sorry for Omar because he spent some time in Gitmo getting 3 squares a day, playing x box all day...Afghanis prison you get jack shit unless your family brings it, or you eat slop because that is all the prison can afford...

Eventually we will all know if Mr. Khadr chose to be a murderous fanatic or was simply frightened into it by his father and the Taliban.

Sooner or later Canada will let him out of jail. Probably sooner, since this is Canada, after all. When that happens, Khadr will be walking the streets.

If he was acting under duress and now truly sorry, he will likely immediately find a job in a street mission.

If he is just another barbarous fanatic, he will likely commit the same sort of acts that got him into trouble in the first place.

If he does kill some more innocent people or Canadian soldiers - soldiers of his supposed country, Canada - then we can be sure that all his supporters will be immediately sorry about having supported him and will make large donations towards the families of those he has killed!

I said no such thing. But, there are web-sites that your Islamic terrorist pals use to upload their latest beheading videos. These are the links I'm not allowed to post least it make you look foolish...or perhaps kids might see it. I'm sure either are good reasons.

My apologies. You didnt say omar beheaded other folk. But you are saying others beheaded other folk so Omar aught to be condemned for that.

My apologies. You didnt say omar beheaded other folk.

Just an IED maker. Thus a killer. Though, I've seen a few videos where the Taliban get the kids to do the beheading. It seemed to be quite the honour and they took to it with the energy found only in the young.

But you are saying others beheaded other folk so Omar aught to be condemned for that.

Never said that, either.

The game called "Have your kid in Canada"?? We're wise to that one, too.

Yeah, I'd like to see something done about that one. If your parents aren't Canadian you aren't Canadian, regardless of where you're born. That's the way it should be.

I'd add that I once had a "Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad" before I lost it. My father was in the air force and so I was born in Germany. On that certificate it said, and I forget the exact words, but basically if I didn't live in Canada and by that select it as my principal 'abode' by age 18 I could lose my citizenship. I'd like to see something like that for all "citizens".

I thought it was fought for against all odds by folks that were fed up with centuries of tyranny from on high.

The Charter?! LOL. It was fought for by the Liberal Party of Canada so they could remake the country in their image.

And since they'd been in power for some time then are you suggesting they were fighting their own tyranny?