Khadr should make us ashamed to be Canadian

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean when dealing with the outside world...because i find that alittle odd, coming from someone who does have an opinion and is not afraid to voice it....

I can't understand that attitude when dealing with the outside world, either. I can't see trying to be invisible, never having an opinion regarding what's going on in the rest of the world, as a great survival tactic.

This is not eyeballs creed, he has expressed his opinions here very clearly, many of them having to do with the outside world....he wants to have it both ways, he wants to be able to express himself freely, but limit what our government says, or does....in other words words are just words, nothing more and he is afraid to back them up with direct action....

I was actually thinking about the spectacle of Canada's seeming determination to be seen and heard on the world's stage. In today's world that seems more like waving our hands over our head and shouting in the middle of a shootout.

As for taking direct action I've long suggested we tell the shooters to go piss up a rope and to sell their wares and find the resources they need to make them elsewhere.

Did you enjoy them kicking the s*** out of us on September 11? I didn't, living 40 Trudeau Units from the site of the blast. I'll for d@mned sure use one set of savages to bump off another set of savages.

When the Western nation behave like savages, they are no different from...savages!

It doesn't matter what sort of nationalistic little tantrums that anti-semites like DogOnPorch throw, this remains the truth.

When the Western nation behave like savages, they are no different from...savages!

It doesn't matter what sort of nationalistic little tantrums that anti-semites like DogOnPorch throw, this remains the truth.

First of al, I don't know DogOnPorch to be anti-Jewish. Second of all, I oppose creating a spurious aura of equality between the "Western nations" and the Taliban fighters. Trust me, you wouldn't want to sit down to lunch with them. At least in their land, with no protection.

First of al, I don't know DogOnPorch to be anti-Jewish.

Well, frankly I wouldn't have thought so; but he insists that the claim itself makes it true. So he calls me an anti-semite...based on nothing...but if it's true, then by some mysterious form of logic to which I have not been properly intiated, he must hate Jews as well.

Edited by bloodyminded

First of al, I don't know DogOnPorch to be anti-Jewish. Second of all, I oppose creating a spurious aura of equality between the "Western nations" and the Taliban fighters. Trust me, you wouldn't want to sit down to lunch with them. At least in their land, with no protection.

Seriously, no one wants to have lunch with the Taliban. We need to drop the tired old "hug the Taliban" rhetoric. I think that most everyone agrees about the nature of the PROBLEM, which is very real and evident. What we don't agree on is the SOLUTION.

Seriously, no one wants to have lunch with the Taliban. We need to drop the tired old "hug the Taliban" rhetoric. I think that most everyone agrees about the nature of the PROBLEM, which is very real and evident. What we don't agree on is the SOLUTION.

I was not accusing anyone of "hugging" the Taliban. I am not using "Taliban Jack" rhetoric.

My point is that these are dangerous people any way you slice it (or they slice you).

I oppose creating a spurious aura of equality between the "Western nations" and the Taliban fighters.

How much do you want to bet the Taliban feel just as deeply insulted as you, for the very same reason?

You can oppose gravity all you like too.

How much do you want to bet the Taliban feel just as deeply insulted as you, for the very same reason?

You can oppose gravity all you like too.

Oh, ok. I thought your point was at top of your head, is all

And do you think you're more likely to get sliced up at a meeting in an isolated place by me, or by the Taliban? Ask Daniel Pearl that question.

And do you think you're more likely to get sliced up at a meeting in an isolated place by me, or by the Taliban? Ask Daniel Pearl that question.

Answer is clear but then if you want to get hurt, just go about 40 Trudeau units from your own home. Some of those neighbourhoods, will cut you up quite nicely.

So, I guess that all New Yorkers should be feared as criminals, by the same logic as you have...

Edited by Sir Bandelot

Guest American Woman

Answer is clear but then if you want to get hurt, just go about 40 Trudeau units from your own home. Some of those neighbourhoods, will cut you up quite nicely.

So, I guess that all New Yorkers should be feared as criminals, by the same logic as you have...

Let me get this straight. You're comparing New Yorkers to the Taliban??

Good Lord. It's truly mind boggling.

Let me get this straight. You're comparing New Yorkers to the Taliban??

Good Lord. It's truly mind boggling.

Yup...that's what being claimed. Granted, Tony Soprano did have some trouble with his NY properties being turned into armed crack shacks. I think he dealt with the situation.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

So what is your solution ? If we are not sitting down at lunch and discussing anything with them, what is left, how do you deal with a radical group, who views not just the US but the entire western civilization as nothing more than animals to be killed as they see fit.

So what is your solution ? If we are not sitting down at lunch and discussing anything with them, what is left, how do you deal with a radical group, who views not just the US but the entire western civilization as nothing more than animals to be killed as they see fit.

The problem here is the practicalities of the situation. It's pretty clear NATO isn't going to be around to finish the job. In the current climate, any attempt at building a lasting regime in Afghanistan that doesn't include the Taliban is ultimately doomed.

although off-topic, it's kind of neat how Omar's plight has unleashed such a wide range of topics, almost like you all are looking for the right audience and the right forum thread to voice your greater view on the afghanistan situation.

Cheers to Karzai for demanding Blackwater and other private security firms leave NOW.

If it were up to Blackwater and similar corporations, we would never be able to find an Omar Khadr amongst the rubble. The corporations would write the history.

P.S. Army Guy, your location says in a "threater" near you. Are you unable to spell or are you trying to scare us into submission?

I'll tell you now these private corporations are not morally sound and put our real soldiers at greater risk.

Edited by Radsickle

The problem here is the practicalities of the situation. It's pretty clear NATO isn't going to be around to finish the job. In the current climate, any attempt at building a lasting regime in Afghanistan that doesn't include the Taliban is ultimately doomed.

And General Patreus agrees with you.

Petraeus: Reconciliation With Taliban is Ultimate Goal for Afghanistan's Future

Reconciliation with the Taliban. The implications of this statement gives us quite a bit to ponder over...

P.S. Army Guy, your location says in a "threater" near you. Are you unable to spell or are you trying to scare us into submission?

Unable to spell , thanks for picking that out...

I'll tell you now these private corporations are not morally sound and put our real soldiers at greater risk.

How are they morally unsound, they are paid "very well i might add, to provide a product, to those that in this enviroment need it..one that is not available to them through regular ground forces....

As for putting our soldiers at risk, there are times when they have put our lives in greater danger while they provide that service, they're allegiance is not to a flag or the mission but to thier client ....but then again i'm sure we have lite them up on serveral occasions as well...I don't think the solution is to kick them out but to restrict there ROE, or provide better protection to most of thier clients...

If it were up to Blackwater and similar corporations, we would never be able to find an Omar Khadr amongst the rubble. The corporations would write the history.

Omar was captured by fluke, nothing more, normally they prefer to die in battle not very often they find alive one....that and NATO perfers to use fire power to smoke them rather than risk soldiers to close with and destroy them...currently there are dozens of Canadian citizens fighting for the Taliban, and much more US citizens ever ask yourself why we have not captured another one.

Killing them all would be best in theory, but reality shows how difficult it is to do. And the costs involved, in money and lives makes it questionable whether it's really achieving anything positive. Example, one can kill Saddam and then cheer, hooray we've saved the Iraqi people from Saddam. If in the meanwhile, we killed or caused to be killed, 500,000 people, how would that be seen as "good"? Plus, our own troops, and many other factors in the cost.

Finally in the end, what will have been accomplished. We can't accomplish what we ideally sought to do in Afghanistan, so we change the bar. Our definition of victory has to change. That's one way of hiding, defeat.

The best thing that could happen would be if the people of Afghanistan themselves reject the Taliban. That won't be easily done if the Taliban are seen by them as the protectors of their country, against foreign infidel invaders. If we destroy a house full of women and children, it's a victory for the Taliban. They know this, they are not as dumb as some people think they are. They provide aid to the civilians in regions, where our troops cannot go. They are the same as the people who live there in more ways than we are, and so we're the bad guys invaders. Every time we attack and kill them with bombs, we create more Taliban.

There are about 1000 Canadians currently being held in detention outside of Canada.There must be something about young Omar that evokes feelings of sympathy in many Canadians,but for some strange reason,it wasn't evident until a Conservative became Prime Minister.If we were talking about a 15 yr old,white skinned neo nazi,would you still be shedding those tears?Strangely enough,nobody seems to have noticed that the Liberals didn't bring poor Omar back either when they were in power.

http://ezralevant.com/2010/07/the-truth-about-omar-khadr.html

• 3 weeks later...

We sure should be ashamed of this Khadr mess - it shows Canadian cowardice along with a tad of American corporatism that fails to have balls to deal with their buddies the Saudi Arabian oil sodomists... Instead of taking on the big dogs and putting them in their place - Canada beats up on a 15 year old boy...

The call the kid a WAR CRIMMINAL....what the hell is that about?

You have invading forces thousands of miles away from home - on someone elses property - you blow the hell out of some cheeze ball compound filled with some bearded Arabic heritiage types...Kill EVERYBODY - other than the kid - grab the boy send him off to damned CUBA of all places - I could have sworn there is an embargo in place against Cuba - how the hell did the Yanks manage to rent prison space from Fidel?

Having ranted that................what about the hords of old war crimminals sitting in old folks homes in Canada? Or what about Cheney and Bush - leading the world into war - and killing thousands not to mention destroying an ancient civilization with a single red herring ruse?

There are about 1000 Canadians currently being held in detention outside of Canada.There must be something about young Omar that evokes feelings of sympathy in many Canadians,but for some strange reason,it wasn't evident until a Conservative became Prime Minister.If we were talking about a 15 yr old,white skinned neo nazi,would you still be shedding those tears?

If he'd been raised to be that since the age of 8 you mean?

Strangely enough,nobody seems to have noticed that the Liberals didn't bring poor Omar back either when they were in power.

I noticed their fear of appearing soft years ago. It's amongst their most disgusting traits.