U.S. Presidential Elections 2008

Guest American Woman
Its not my point. Its the point being touted in the story line. Frankly, I dont give a damn.

I see. So when you begin a sentence with "I'd say," it's not your point you're making?

:rolleyes:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. So when you begin a sentence with "I'd say," it's not your point you're making?

:rolleyes:

Dont know why you feel so argumentative about it. The real point of the story line is quite clear. My own opinion is that the voters in Michigan & Florida got their just desserts for being so flagrant with the rules.

Guest American Woman
Dont know why you feel so argumentative about it. The real point of the story line is quite clear. My own opinion is that the voters in Michigan & Florida got their just desserts for being so flagrant with the rules.

So now it is your opinion again?

You: I'd say that the voters in Michigan & Florida got their just desserts for being so flagrant.

Me: If the voters in Michigan and Florida were the ones who made the decision to move their primaries up, you just might have a point.

You: Its not my point. Its the point being touted in the story line. Frankly, I dont give a damn.

Me: I see. So when you begin a sentence with "I'd say," it's not your point you're making?

You: My own opinion is that the voters in Michigan & Florida got their just desserts for being so flagrant with the rules.

But yeah, I'm the one being "argumentative." :lol:

But yeah, I'm the one being "argumentative." :lol:

Perhaps I should have guessed your question was a rhetorical one...."So why are they getting "full voting rights" now when it means absolutely nothing?"...

I simply gave you a rational explanation for that decision as indicated by the story link. ie.... an attempt to heal party wounds. I also voiced an opinion re the state Dems having changed their primary date and thereby flagrantly ignoring the rules as established by the DNC. They all got what they deserved. The voters could/should have boycotted the primaries given what was clearly stated by the DNC as to what the consequences would be.

Given all that, I would definitely say that you were trying to engage in some kind of argument. I had no idea that you werent at all interested in hearing the reason behind the decision to now count their votes.

Boston GlobeIf you are American, be proud of your Constitution and how your politicians respect it. America is a civilized country. You transfer State power peacefully.

Yes, so far so good.

Just imagine what could happen if those Diebold machines screw up and another voting fiasco occurs and the U.S. Supreme Court appoints McCain? Different dynamic this time around!!

Edited by Carinthia

McCain is supposed to announce his VP pick tomorrow. I notice on Intrade.com (where Obama has consistently scored significantly higher than McCain since getting the nomination), Romney's stock has dropped by half over the day and Pawlenty's has doubled. Someone seems to know something.

'Our chance to keep the American promise alive'

"America, we are better than these last eight years. We are a better country than this," the first A frican-American ever picked as a major party's presidential nominee said on the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King's historic "I have a dream" speech.

G & M (Koring)

-----

These kids wea arm Obama's ego so large that he believes only he can keep the American? Promise alive? If he could drop this responsibility on his generation alive, I mighy pay attention.

McCain is supposed to announce his VP pick tomorrow. I notice on Intrade.com (where Obama has consistently scored significantly higher than McCain since getting the nomination), Romney's stock has dropped by half over the day and Pawlenty's has doubled. Someone seems to know something.

This just in.........McCain staffers are giving away tickets in an attempt to fill empty seats in the 10,000 seat Dayton arena where he is supposed to roll out his V.P. nominee. It appears that the smear campaign attempts to portray Barach Obama's ability to draw large, enthusiastic crowds, as evidence that he has a "messiah complex" are just another example of jealousy. If John McCain was capable of inspiring thousands, they would change their tune real fast!

I first thought McCain would pick Romney for his voter support but since he having it in Minnesota, wouldn't he pick the guy from Minnesota instead? Would McCain stand there and say I pick the former Michigan governor son, the former governor of Mass. himself Romney. I don't think the people of Minnesota would apppreciate that.

It appears Pawlenty's stock has now crashed too. But Palin's stock has shot through the roof. That seems like an obvious attempt to win disgruntled Hillary supporters. I guess Lieberman is out.

Fox news is reporting that both Ronmey and the gov. of Minnesota are out!! McCain needs women voters so they think he will pick governor of Alaska, Palin who is a woman.

Furthermore, the Presidential campaign TV ads is getting a little nasty, if you happen to see the "McCain's New TV Ad on Obama's 'Celebrity' like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton and The Democratic TV Ad on McCain: Are We Better Off?" videos being clash in Well, sooner or later you knew it had to start! The media is begging for it and the people want to see some fight in their candidates. So here ya go...and I am sure this is only the beginning. So, if I'm going to ask this question, which one is more believable? It's in

http://clashorama.com/index.php?id=191

Edited by ispeakforher

These kids wea arm Obama's ego so large that he believes only he can keep the American? Promise alive? If he could drop this responsibility on his generation alive, I mighy pay attention.

The garbled syntax makes me think someone must have hacked Augut's account, but the fatuous Obama-bashing is pure 1991. I'm confused.

Edited by Black Dog

I first thought McCain would pick Romney for his voter support but since he having it in Minnesota, wouldn't he pick the guy from Minnesota instead? Would McCain stand there and say I pick the former Michigan governor son, the former governor of Mass. himself Romney. I don't think the people of Minnesota would apppreciate that.
Minnesota was the only state (with DC) that voted against Reagan in 1984. The GOP is not going to do much in pursuit of a futile goal.

Canuck professor rates John McCain with the straightest talk...Obama ranked lower:

A Queen's University computer science professor claims he has studied the Democratic and GOP convention speeches, crunched the numbers, run them through his computer and found that Republican John McCain really may be a straight talker.

David Skillicorn analyzed the speeches of major speakers at the Republican and Democratic conventions, counted some key words that indicate if someone is trying to be deceptive, put them through a software program, and came up with results that may surprise some people.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Zogby adds to the Democrat's angst:

The McCain/Palin ticket wins 49.7% support, compared to 45.9% backing for the Obama/Biden ticket, this latest online survey shows. Another 4.4% either favored someone else or were unsure.

The Ticket Horserace

9-5/6

8-29/30

McCain-Palin

49.7%

47.1%

Obama-Biden

45.9%

44.6%

Others/Not sure

4.4%

8.3%

In the two-way contest in which just McCain and Obama were mentioned in the question, the result was slightly different, with McCain leading, 48.8% to 45.7%.

Pollster John Zogby: "Clearly, Palin is helping the McCain ticket. She has high favorability numbers, and has unified the Republican Party. The striking thing here in this poll is that McCain has pulled ahead among Catholics by double-digits. On the other hand, Palin is not helping with likely voting women who are not aligned with either political party. The undecided independent women voters decreased this week from 15% to 7%, but those women went to Obama. Palin is also helping among men, conservatives, notably with suburban and rural voters, and with frequent Wal-Mart shoppers, who tend to be "values" voters who like a good value for their money."

Far from the Democrats killing her early, Sarah Palin has energized the McCain campaign and she will have to be faced all the way into Novemebr.

One way the Dems should look at this is to let the Reps. win and let them clean up their own mess and if McCain should not be able to continue because his cancer comes back then the world will see what Palin can do! IF they make things worse than GW, they could be out of running the country for couple of the future elections!