U.S. Presidential Elections 2008

One way the Dems should look at this is to let the Reps. win and let them clean up their own mess and if McCain should not be able to continue because his cancer comes back then the world will see what Palin can do! IF they make things worse than GW, they could be out of running the country for couple of the future elections!

No....that is how a Canadian may think when it comes to Tories vs. Grits, but that is not how we roll down here. The Democrats (or Republicans) are not going to concede anything for future prospects, not for the presidency, Senate, or House. Your country will have an election next month to purposely avoid the fallout of the American choice in November....but your outcome is already known.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman
One way the Dems should look at this is to let the Reps. win and let them clean up their own mess....

Should Obama lose, that's the attitude I will take. If McCain wins, he'll be a one term president. I'm not so sure the same wouldn't be true of Obama. I have the feeling whoever wins will be criticized for not cleaning up Bush's mess fast enough, and will in fact ultimately be blamed/held accountable for the state of the nation/Iraq/Afghanistan; ie: Bush's mess.

Edited by American Woman

Big time slip of the tongue by Barack Hussein Obama.....

ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Sen. Barack Obama's foes seized Sunday upon a brief slip of the tongue, when the Democratic presidential nominee was outlining his Christianity but accidentally said, "my Muslim faith."

The three words -- immediately corrected -- were during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," when he was trying to criticize the quiet smear campaign suggesting he is a Muslim.

This will only fuel the doubt....Americans have no doubt what they will get with John McCain.

Guest American Woman
Big time slip of the tongue by Barack Hussein Obama.....

ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Sen. Barack Obama's foes seized Sunday upon a brief slip of the tongue, when the Democratic presidential nominee was outlining his Christianity but accidentally said, "my Muslim faith."

The three words -- immediately corrected -- were during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," when he was trying to criticize the quiet smear campaign suggesting he is a Muslim.

This will only fuel the doubt....Americans have no doubt what they will get with John McCain.

Anyone who wants to see the clip can see it here. This is the explanation of the clip by the person who posted the clip: "Here is the full 2 minutes around that misleading 13 second clip. It is as clear as day that he's putting sarcastic quotes around "my Muslim faith" since the entire question is about his (actual) Christian faith."

When watching the interview, it's clear what he's saying. He even explains when Stephanopoulos "corrects" him, and Stephanopoulos clearly shows he understood what he meant. The discussion was centered around people who say Obama's a Muslim, and the topic was whether or not John McCain has ever talked about his being a Muslim, ie: his Muslim faith, and he says "John McCain has never talked about my Muslim faith."

Edited by American Woman

When watching the interview, it's clear what he's saying. He even explains when Stephanopoulos "corrects" him, and Stephanopoulos clearly shows he understood what he meant. The discussion was centered around people who say Obama's a Muslim, and the topic was whether or not John McCain has ever talked about his being a Muslim, ie: his Muslim faith, and he says "John McCain has never talked about my Muslim faith."

Gee...that long of an explanation means somebody is really worried. John McCain hasn't talked about McCain being a Muslim, and we don't think he is. Obama on the other hand....who the hell knows! :lol:

One way the Dems should look at this is to let the Reps. win and let them clean up their own mess and if McCain should not be able to continue because his cancer comes back then the world will see what Palin can do! IF they make things worse than GW, they could be out of running the country for couple of the future elections!
That was the fatuous hope when both Reagan and Bush II were elected. On both fronts a funny thing happened on the way to the forum reality. Edited by jbg

When it comes right down to it, this is the key fact.

McCain's policies and personal values are closer to the US median voter than those of Obama. This is hard for many Democrats to accept or even understand.

In the same sense, in an era when we rarely see anything genuine or spontaneous on the public stage, McCain is occasionally heartfelt and genuine. When I heard him say this, I knew that I was hearing the real deal:

"I fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else's," McCain said. "I loved it not just for the many comforts of life here. I loved it for its decency; for its faith in the wisdom, justice and goodness of its people. I loved it because it was not just a place, but an idea, a cause worth fighting for. I was never the same again. I wasn't my own man anymore. I was my country's."

"My country saved me," he added a moment later, "and I cannot forget it. And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God."

Chicago Tribune

Many politicians mouth these kinds of phrases and no doubt some even believe them. I think McCain approaches this the same way Vaclav Havel does.

Guest American Woman

I suppose this post will soon be lost in a sea of other posts, but for what it's worth, a good site for "fact checking" what the candidates say in their ads, what they accuse the other side of, is factcheck.org -- There's slime in your inbox, attack ads on TV and falsehoods on the radio. Welcome to election season.

The radio announcer on the station I listen to was talking about it this morning, urging people to check it out. People are getting really frustrated with the accusations that are flying, and the 'taking out of context' that goes on, and in general, all the crap that goes on in an election year that seems to be getting worse instead of better.

....The radio announcer on the station I listen to was talking about it this morning, urging people to check it out. People are getting really frustrated with the accusations that are flying, and the 'taking out of context' that goes on, and in general, all the crap that goes on in an election year that seems to be getting worse instead of better.

'Tis neither new or remarkable, and has always been a part of American politics. All that has changed are the methods and communications. It's all good...managing a federal election campaign while on defense and offense is excellent training for the real thing should one win the election.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

'Tis neither new or remarkable, and has always been a part of American politics. All that has changed are the methods and communications. It's all good...managing a federal election campaign while on defense and offense is excellent training for the real thing should one win the election.
Fortunately with Obama we'll never get the chance to find out.

Actually, they were expressing humour. They don't really think Obama is a deity.

But seeing that you link to sites like the huffington post no wonder you can find no good in Palin. But you have an even chance of seeing her defeated altough I'm shocked the Reps are neck and neck with Obama what with Bush's low approval ratings. Politics is a crap shoot.

Actually, they were expressing humour. They don't really think Obama is a deity.

But seeing that you link to sites like the huffington post no wonder you can find no good in Palin. But you have an even chance of seeing her defeated altough I'm shocked the Reps are neck and neck with Obama what with Bush's low approval ratings. Politics is a crap shoot.

Its all about electoral votes.

Guest American Woman

I realize they were attempting to express humor, but it wasn't funny. Because no one thinks Obama is a deity, so it's as about as funny as if I were to have referred to Palin as a deity. But just in case that would be funny to you, here ya go--

Praise Jesus Palin!

Too bad it wasn't Palin asking the man to stand. Then he may have been healed.

Laugh away. ;)

But seeing that you link to sites like the huffington post no wonder you can find no good in Palin.

I wanted to link to YouTube, but it was pulled. Would that have made it better for you? :P

Guest American Woman
We are laughing....your candidate (Edwards) isn't even in the game, because he was thinking with Little John. :lol:

Maybe you should start thinking with Little George (or is it Little Dick?). I'm guessing it would raise your IQ substantially. ;)

Edited by American Woman