Historic presidency perspectives?

Rate the Bush Presidency  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dumb poll. What if, IMV, Bush is worse than Clinton but better than Ford?
Dumb question. You click "Ford".
Fair enough.

Lincoln's election started a civil war and Harding was a crook who died before he could be arrested. Andrew Johnson (and Clinton) were impeached - something that has yet to happen to Bush Jnr. So, I voted "before Roosevelt".

WRT presdients on your list, radical students absolutely detested Johnson ("Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today") and hounded him from office. Nixon tried to spy on his political opponents and then when caught, he brazenly and foolishly lied about it. Nixon also started a "secret" war, something Bush Jnr has yet to attempt.

Offhand, I would say that the anti-Bush crowd has been making a fundamental strategic error in playing the man and not the ball. Your poll reflects that error.

I also suspect that many of the anti-Bush crowd are young students, or young boomers reliving their youth. Maybe we should give the President credit for inspiring an interest in public affairs.

Crap poll for sure. Bush is a mediocre president in extraordinary times. Best compared to Lincoln, the man who started a war that wasn't necessary and killed a million of his own people in the process. Good bad?

The idiocy of the quiz tells a lot about the questioner and his ability to decipher world events. Bush is a normal person who is in a position amidst advisors and military people and, in charge of the world's superpower. To not have launched a nuclear weapon by now is to be a good president as many might have, to not have done as Lincoln did and imprisoned and banished senators for dissention is pretty good too. The war is abvout minds, democracy and economics and he is doing ok. Better than Lincoln and most of the others.

So, which is he worse than had they encountered a force that was radicalizing conservative Islam? I have no idea. He is in his second term so he can't be all that bad.

The idiocy of the quiz tells a lot about the questioner and his ability to decipher world events. Bush is a normal person who is in a position amidst advisors and military people and, in charge of the world's superpower. To not have launched a nuclear weapon by now is to be a good president as many might have, ...

:blink:

What utter crapola! Why on Earth might anyone have launched a nuclear weapon by now? Against who???

I find it funny that a bunch of Canadians are polling on “who is a better or worse AMERICAN president”. OUR president's job is to defend and protect AMERICAN interests. Obviously you don't see his strengths b/c in many ways his decisions have been based on AMREICA 1st and the rest of the 2nd (including Canada). History will look back very favorably on Pres Bush in spite of a huge amount of criticism; he stayed true to his job of putting OUR interests over everyone else’s (just as every other country does but only the US gets criticized for it). He is not the Pres of the world no matter how powerful or influential our country maybe. Once people get this fact in their heads they will see why Pres Bush was re-elected by the AMERICAN people.

OUR president's job is to defend and protect AMERICAN interests

That's how I guided my vote.....If it were based on say......Idon't know...IQ....he would have fared worse

Just wondering, what university did you go to? Dubya went somewhere pretty high up there in the stratosphere and did fairly well. All this nonsense about him being a simpleton is propaganda by bitter lefties and nothing else.

Just wondering, what university did you go to? Dubya went somewhere pretty high up there in the stratosphere and did fairly well. All this nonsense about him being a simpleton is propaganda by bitter lefties and nothing else.
If you consider being a "C" student "fairly well":
"To the C students, I say, 'You too can be president of the United States,"' Bush said at the 300th commencement of Yale University.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,25229,00.html

I don't know about Yale specifically, but I'm not so sure that the school makes that big of a difference. I go to UBC which is considered a pretty good school in Canada. I know, and have talked with, many students who transferred from other smaller 'lower quality' (whatever that means) schools and their marks were comparable (for example, someone getting a B+ at a local college would probably get a B+ at UBC). Maybe science is different, and maybe Yale is different...but I doubt it's a HUGE difference.

I don't know about Yale specifically, but I'm not so sure that the school makes that big of a difference. I go to UBC which is considered a pretty good school in Canada. I know, and have talked with, many students who transferred from other smaller 'lower quality' (whatever that means) schools and their marks were comparable (for example, someone getting a B+ at a local college would probably get a B+ at UBC). Maybe science is different, and maybe Yale is different...but I doubt it's a HUGE difference.

Woooow, you are so ignorat on this subject its crazy, but,,,, that's a different a story.

Well, after you're finished at UBC (a far cry from Yale as universities go by the way). You can stop by Havard for your MBA, then you can debate grades with GWB.

Woooow, you are so ignorat on this subject its crazy, but,,,, that's a different a story.

Well, after you're finished at UBC (a far cry from Yale as universities go by the way). You can stop by Havard for your MBA, then you can debate grades with GWB.

Ignorant about what? Ignorant about grading at UBC relative to other smaller Universities in Canada? I wouldn't say so, I am basing that on personal testimony.

If you have been a student and Yale and/or Harvard, please comment on the marking at those Universities compared to other Universities. That would contribute a lot more to the discussion than just calling me ignorant.

P.S. In what way is Yale far better than UBC?

I had to say that he is the worst president of all those listed.

Roosevelt = one of the top 3 or 4 presidents in our history;

Eisenhower = brilliant;

Kennedy = both a great communicator and a great visionary;

Johnson = a tough SOB (and a bit crude) but he enacted major pieces of legislation which aimed at fixing a lot of societal ills, particularly racism;

Nixon = morally bankrupt, but his China policy and detente policy with the Soviets were master strokes;

Ford = the wrong man at the wrong time, but he was honorable;

Carter = also the wrong man at the wrong time but he was right on many issues (linking foreign policy to human rights, not negotiating with terrorists), and he was a lot more conservative than people give him credit for;

Reagan = a great communicator who could inspire people to greatness with a few sentences;

Bush I = a war hero and the last of the old-school Republicans who was more a fiscal conservative than a social engineer, and he was good at foreign policy;

Clinton = one of the smartest and savviest presidents, but with plenty of personal moral failings;

W = disastrous at foreign policy, intellectually incurious, as poll-driven as any other politician, politicizes national tragedies...

I find it funny that a bunch of Canadians are polling on “who is a better or worse AMERICAN president”. OUR president's job is to defend and protect AMERICAN interests. Obviously you don't see his strengths b/c in many ways his decisions have been based on AMREICA 1st and the rest of the 2nd (including Canada). History will look back very favorably on Pres Bush in spite of a huge amount of criticism; he stayed true to his job of putting OUR interests over everyone else’s (just as every other country does but only the US gets criticized for it). He is not the Pres of the world no matter how powerful or influential our country maybe. Once people get this fact in their heads they will see why Pres Bush was re-elected by the AMERICAN people.

When Canada put her interests first, re Iraq, your diplomat got out into our country and critized everything our Government was doing. So how about letting us put our Country first, doesn't seem to apply to you aye.

That's how I guided my vote.....If it were based on say......Idon't know...IQ....he would have fared worse

I wasn't aware that the University your daddy pays for has any bearing on intellegence.

Does that mean someone who went to Oxford is smarter than someone who went to Duke? Is that how it works?

For the record Bush got a Bugger All from Yale and then after going awol he got an MBA from the Harvard Busines School. He then traded on the equity of his family name and turned a number of large companies into small ones.

I wasn't aware that the University your daddy pays for has any bearing on intellegence.

Does that mean someone who went to Oxford is smarter than someone who went to Duke? Is that how it works?

For the record Bush got a Bugger All from Yale and then after going awol he got an MBA from the Harvard Busines School. He then traded on the equity of his family name and turned a number of large companies into small ones.

Daddy doesn't take the test to keep you in and it surely doesn't give you the ability to beat John Kerry over the course of 4 yrs in GPA (who also went to Yale, so it is an apple to apples comparison) despite him being praised by sooo many liberals as a "very smart guy". Lets get past the very weak talking point that Pres Bush is dumb.

Just wondering, what university did you go to? Dubya went somewhere pretty high up there in the stratosphere and did fairly well. All this nonsense about him being a simpleton is propaganda by bitter lefties and nothing else

C is not "fairly well". It's pretty much the definition of average.

So he outperformed Kerry on this one. I guess that means Kerry is below average? Good thing he didn't get in the oval office.