Suspected Terrorists Arrested in Toronto

Which part of this is fiction?

They are going after the main players not the fringes but the hardcore inner circle. These charges weren't just dreamed up. The police didn't just stumble upon these guys. They had been watching them for 6 + months and only arrested them after they had the training camp set up and attempted to buy 300 pounds ammonium nitrate.

There were also a lot of informants on this case.

Yes there is that many pages of evidence. This trial is going to be very expensive to me and any others who pay taxes, so I applaud the efforts by the courts to save us some money and only going after the traitors they can put away for life.

Kuzadd: you keep telling me that my facts are wrong so I'm asking you to point out which aspect of what I have said in this above text, which was my original post, is inaccurate?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who say terrorism isn t a real threat to this country this is a must read!

oh yes Immigration is doing wonders for our country isn t it?? The war is coming to us!

How anyone can read that story and say we are not under attack has to be crazy...

they caught this group i wonder how many they didn't catch?

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1958571

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1725747

Edited by wulf42

oh yes Immigration is doing wonders for our country isn t it?? The war is coming to us!

as much as you see immigrant Muslim extremists under your bed and in your closets...you need a slightly different playbook on this one. Khalid's been in this country since age 8. Essentially, you're looking at a "home-grown" situation... perhaps you could get some mileage out of that!

as much as you see immigrant Muslim extremists under your bed and in your closets...you need a slightly different playbook on this one. Khalid's been in this country since age 8. Essentially, you're looking at a "home-grown" situation... perhaps you could get some mileage out of that!

I wonder how he gained his networks and contacts?

Please be realistic. Your liberal senses are what drove this country to the state it is in now.

I wonder how he gained his networks and contacts?

Please be realistic. Your liberal senses are what drove this country to the state it is in now.

Yes the Liberals have pushed our once great country to the point it is now.......the Liberals

have about as much chance of getting in power as Haley's comet hitting the Earth!

Again this is absolute proof that Immigration has to be looked at and which countries and what type of Immigrants we should allow in, Islam and our Western values are simply not compatible and this article is compelling proof of that fact! Facts are facts we can no longer afford to ignore them! There is really nothing to debate ...we see it in the news daily how the Islamic culture stands against everything we Canadians believe in!

Edited by wulf42

Yes the Liberals have pushed our once great country to the point it is now.......the Liberals

have about as much chance of getting in power as Haley's comet hitting the Earth!

for almost a decade (up to the year 2001), Canada was ranked number one among 175 countries in the United Nation's Quality of Life survey. According to the 2004 UN Human Development Index, Canada was ranked fourth overall.

there are many recognized and accepted measurables... I've just given you one. Perhaps you could offer up a recognized and accepted measurement to qualify your concerns about the declining state of Canada... of course, emphasizing how Liberals factored into your recognized and accepted measurement. Thanks in advance.

for almost a decade (up to the year 2001), Canada was ranked number one among 175 countries in the United Nation's Quality of Life survey. According to the 2004 UN Human Development Index, Canada was ranked fourth overall.

there are many recognized and accepted measurables... I've just given you one. Perhaps you could offer up a recognized and accepted measurement to qualify your concerns about the declining state of Canada... of course, emphasizing how Liberals factored into your recognized and accepted measurement. Thanks in advance.

I believe we are still ranked amongst the top five.

Paraphrasing Winston Churchill: Canada isn't a perfect country but it's the best one there is.

And if we don't take action on global warming, there'll be nothing to comare.

Absolutely ridiculous. The man has been sentenced to "14 years" but the way our useless system works he could be out in just two. We need to get serious in dealing with terrorism, not issuing slaps on the wrist.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1960443

What kind of message is this gonna send? If you want to hone your terrorism skills, come try it in Canada! Even if you fail and get caught you'll be out of jail in a few years and can try again.

I believe we are still ranked amongst the top five.

Paraphrasing Winston Churchill: Canada isn't a perfect country but it's the best one there is.

And if we don't take action on global warming, there'll be nothing to comare.

We'll see how good it is when these animals start blowing things up in our cities within the next 5-10 years!

We'll see how good it is when these animals start blowing things up in our cities within the next 5-10 years!

Well canada, by filling itself up with third worlders (ahem, that is to say people from countries who rank 99, 123 etc) will doubtlessly "EQUALIZE" itself with the rest of the world..

don't think for one second that liberals consider this "bad"...

... what is happening to us?

But Khalid could be released on parole in just over two years since the judge gave him seven years credit for the time he has already served since his arrest on June 2, 2006.

This whole two-for-one and three-for-one credit for pre-sentencing custody is a farce. It was first introduced into the "mainstream" justice system about 10 or 15 years ago because detainees were being held in the crowded 150 year old, rat infested Don Jail....so in protest, a judge gave extra credit for time served before sentencing. The motive was to get the Province to fix the situation at the Don Jail or at least "uncrowd" it. Instead, our hand-wring justice system used it as a "precedent" and now any lawyer who argoes with it, gets a credit. Even things like being held too far from your mother and father counts as hardship. And all that is over and above being eligible for community day release after serving one-quarter of the sentence, parole after serving one-third and almost without question gaining full parole through the Statutory Release Program after serving two thirds of the sentence. Incredible.

Edited by Keepitsimple

The precedent has nothing to do with our system and everything to do with the centuries old system that it's based upon. Precedent is an integral part of common law.

The Conservatives should stop dragging their feet and we should get rid of two for one.

The precedent has nothing to do with our system and everything to do with the centuries old system that it's based upon. Precedent is an integral part of common law.

The Conservatives should stop dragging their feet and we should get rid of two for one.

I would tend to agree that the double and triple credit should be done away with. I'd go a step further and say that in terms of acts of terrorism or planned terrorism you should get no credit and no parole. Terrorism is a vastly different creature then most other domestic crimes. We're talking mass murder, and one of his intended targets was CSIS headquarters which in my mind is tantamount to treason.

You really need to take some calming medication. The FLQ and the Squamish Five (amongst others) were bombing stuff here long before Islamic terrorism became the cause du jour. And they were home-grown Canadians. The politics may be different, but the tactics and the (in)frequency are not.

We're third, one point behind tied Norway and Iceland, Given recent events, it's safe to assume that Iceland has lost top position

Have you heard the radio interview with this Vietnamese restaurant owner in Toronto? The interview started as a review of his restaurant and it went on about the owner being a refugee from Cambodia's Khmer Rouge concentration camps.

At one point the owner actually saw and met one of his captors, chatted and reconciled with forgivenness. He said, you can't continue with your life if you carry the grudge with you.

This is only one example that makes Canada a great country.