Biden's Deficit 70% Higher than Trump's: US Treasury Department Data

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/national-deficit/

Trump's last two non-covid budgets, 2018 and 2019, both had massive job growth, pay growth, increases in take-home pay, etc, and the deficit was less than 1T both times.

Biden's last deficit for a full year (2023) was 1.7T, a whopping 70% higher than Trump's. 

ScreenShot2024-06-27at2_56_06PM.thumb.png.2cc3afec4d55545c273cbe3d8e70ae36.png

• Like 1

if I was in control (which I know that I am not), I would mandate that each cabinet dept decrease its budget by 1% each year for the next 10. If they can't find a way to get their budgets down.. then a 3rd party will be brought into help you and this time, the budget cuts will be 3% for a given year. Have long held that the problem is spending not revenue. 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

if I was in control (which I know that I am not), I would mandate that each cabinet dept decrease its budget by 1% each year for the next 10. If they can't find a way to get their budgets down.. then a 3rd party will be brought into help you and this time, the budget cuts will be 3% for a given year. Have long held that the problem is spending not revenue. 

Congrats on toeing the RepubliCON Party line. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump's last two non-covid budgets, 2018 and 2019, both had massive job growth, pay growth, increases in take-home pay, etc, and the deficit was less than 1T both times.

Biden's last deficit for a full year (2023) was 1.7T, a whopping 70% higher than Trump's. 

You really like them CHERRIES dontcha. 

Infrastructure is expensive and so is investing in green energy.

Trump's 2020 and 2021 deficits dwarf Biden's 2X.

Of course you understand NOTHING about Trump's incompetent management of COVID.

You still believe "excess deaths" are fake. 🤮

9 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You really like them CHERRIES dontcha. 

Is the US deficit for 4 calendar years "picking cherries", poor boy? That amounts to tens of trillions of dollars...

What's a big deal to you if the US deficit over 4 years is no big d?

Trump's 2020 and 2021 deficits dwarf Biden's 2X.

Those were covid years, stupid.

Of course you understand NOTHING about Trump's incompetent management of COVID.

He was vastly better than Trudeau, and I don't know enough about how other world leaders dealt with covid to make a direct comparison.

You still believe "excess deaths" are fake. 🤮

No, I believe that a whole plethora of covid narratives are fake, especially the ones about vax safety& efficacy and the extent to which various pop demos would even need a vaccine, but I don't doubt that a lot of extra people died in the US in 2020.  

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The 2020 deficit was passed in 2019, by Donald Trump.  It was our largest in history. 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

The 2020 deficit was passed in 2019, by Donald Trump.  It was our largest in history. 

So dishonest. 

No, they didn't somehow predict COVID was going to happen in 2019 and pass a budget with that deficit in mind. 

In 2020 both Democrats and Republicans started passing emergency spending bills because of COVID. 

On 6/28/2024 at 12:21 AM, User said:

So dishonest. 

No, they didn't somehow predict COVID was going to happen in 2019 and pass a budget with that deficit in mind. 

In 2020 both Democrats and Republicans started passing emergency spending bills because of COVID. 

Oh? Oh?

So when a Democrat is in the White House, the deficit is the Democrats’ fault; and when a Republican is in the White House, the deficit is still the Democrats’ fault. 

So let’s try again:  Bill Clinton balanced the budget and George Bush jacked the deficit up to the stratosphere. 

42 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Oh? Oh?

So when a Democrat is in the White House, the deficit is the Democrats’ fault; and when a Republican is in the White House, the deficit is still the Democrats’ fault. 

So let’s try again:  Bill Clinton balanced the budget and George Bush jacked the deficit up to the stratosphere. 

No. You just tried to blame the 2020 deficit on 2019 budgeting. That was either gross ignorance or an outright lie on your part. 

All I did was correct you with the facts. 

On 6/30/2024 at 7:31 PM, User said:

No. You just tried to blame the 2020 deficit on 2019 budgeting. That was either gross ignorance or an outright lie on your part. 

All I did was correct you with the facts. 

He even made a thread about it, and half of Biden's debate points were also based on pretending that 2020 was just a normal year for the economy: "wE creyatid a rekerd nummer of jobz in twenny-uhhh twenny seven. Twenny-too. You no the yeer!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

politicians have been cherry picking stats for a very long time. Nothing new here. Of course, it is dishonest to use 2020 as the base year and then take credit for growth. However, this is not the last time that someone will do something like this. 

This is about the most egregious example in the history of the world: it's massively disingenuous, to the point of being an outright lie. 

Biden makes some form of that claim with metronome consistency, literally every time he talks about the economy, and the MSM doesn't "fact-check" it, or make any attempt to qualify it. 

That's the sad state of affairs in media integrity regarding American politics.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

This is about the most egregious example in the history of the world: it's massively disingenuous, to the point of being an outright lie. 

Biden makes some form of that claim with metronome consistency, literally every time he talks about the economy, and the MSM doesn't "fact-check" it, or make any attempt to qualify it. 

That's the sad state of affairs in media integrity regarding American politics.

hate to tell you but the media are not data analysts. We produce all sorts of publications and when 2020 is the base year.. we preface it with, "This was the year of the pandemic and so should not used as a comparison to other times".  Their jobs, revenues, ratings do not depend on being fair, balanced, correct, etc. They need you to click on it and then share it and so on. Its up to the consumer to decide if the content is worth reading.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

hate to tell you but the media are not data analysts. 

They're quick to call everything that Trump says is a lie, even when it's not, then they let Biden spew BS for 4 years and pretend that it's all true. 

Trump "It didn't rain during my inauguration speech."

MSM: "TWETY DROPLETS OF RAIN FELL IN THE !!TH MINUTE! THAT'S A LIE!!!!"

Biden: "There's no inflation."

*Gas is up almost 100%, groceries are up 20% on average*

MSM: "There's no inflation."

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

They're quick to call everything that Trump says is a lie, even when it's not, then they let Biden spew BS for 4 years and pretend that it's all true. 

Trump "It didn't rain during my inauguration speech."

MSM: "TWETY DROPLETS OF RAIN FELL IN THE !!TH MINUTE! THAT'S A LIE!!!!"

Biden: "There's no inflation."

*Gas is up almost 100%, groceries are up 20% on average*

MSM: "There's no inflation."

Again.. not data analysts. If you say that someone is lying.. human nature states that you will at least open it or start reading it. To most people, simple data analysis is boring. It does not tell you who the villain is, it does not make grand accusations.. it just says that something increased by 12% over the year. 

2 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Again.. not data analysts. If you say that someone is lying.. human nature states that you will at least open it or start reading it. To most people, simple data analysis is boring. It does not tell you who the villain is, it does not make grand accusations.. it just says that something increased by 12% over the year. 

Again, the general topic here was media, not data "analysts". 

There are lots of sources for the media to get their data from, so there's no excuse for them being 100% wrong 100% of the time. 

Theoretically the folks in our MSM should know more than I do, and they should be correct more often than I am, but if you look through the pages of this forum you'll start to get the impression that I'm a genius, along with the rest of the conservatives here. 

@impartialobserver or let's be neutral... Go back and sift through Goddess's Trickle to a flood thread, and see how much she knows compared the Fauci, the CDC, Trudeau, Biden, CNN, CTV, CBC, and the WSJ combined..... How much did she know on Sept 30 2021 than all of those guys knew in Sept 2022? 

Weird, hey? 

38 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Again, the general topic here was media, not data "analysts". 

There are lots of sources for the media to get their data from, so there's no excuse for them being 100% wrong 100% of the time. 

Theoretically the folks in our MSM should know more than I do, and they should be correct more often than I am, but if you look through the pages of this forum you'll start to get the impression that I'm a genius, along with the rest of the conservatives here. 

"genius"... not quite. All I get from this forum is that you are passionate and confrontational. 

In the media, your sole aim is to get clicks, ratings, revenues. Being correct.. is not a necessary condition to obtain these. As a government employee.. If I publish something, I have to not only be correct but be able to reproduce the method used to get the number. No hiding behind "sources". I have had some (not a lot) contact me to find out how I arrived at this number or such... and I have to guide them through how to download it, what software to install, and what code/script they should use to come to the same exact number. Below is an example.. the NV portion comes straight from me. 

https://oui.doleta.gov/unemploy/csv/ar2112.csv

Edited by impartialobserver

28 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

@impartialobserver or let's be neutral... Go back and sift through Goddess's Trickle to a flood thread, and see how much she knows compared the Fauci, the CDC, Trudeau, Biden, CNN, CTV, CBC, and the WSJ combined..... How much did she know on Sept 30 2021 than all of those guys knew in Sept 2022? 

Weird, hey? 

You know that I am not a wealth of information on the topic of COVID-19 so I would have no idea at first who is correct. And besides, I am not going to sift through thousands upon thousands of articles from the sources that you listed. Besides, because I am not you.. going to inevitably arrive at a different conclusion and because of that.. you will start with your typical ad hominem attacks and demeaning of my credibility/intelligence.