Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen - Yahoo Sports
Do you agree with Harrison?

After delivering some incendiary comments about Covid and President Biden, Butker got around to what he perceives as a woman’s ultimate and rightful place: the kitchen.
“I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you. Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

11 minutes ago, NakedHunterBiden said:

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen - Yahoo Sports
Do you agree with Harrison?

After delivering some incendiary comments about Covid and President Biden, Butker got around to what he perceives as a woman’s ultimate and rightful place: the kitchen.
“I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you. Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

You need to get out of the kitchen more.

3 hours ago, User said:

So... where does he tell women to stay in the kitchen?

Seriously, this thread title is a lie. This article is trash and little more than a troll job. 

Or you're too dumb to understand the meaning of:

all my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all. Homemaker.”

Kitchen is "Homemaker" headquarters. Of course homemaker is permitted to clean the entire house. Duh

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Or you're too dumb to understand the meaning of:

I understand just fine. He is praising his wife for her contributions to their family and his success. 

Nowhere did he tell women to get back into the kitchen. 

The issue is not my intelligence here, it is your dishonesty. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, User said:

I understand just fine. He is praising his wife for her contributions to their family and his success. 

Nowhere did he tell women to get back into the kitchen. 

The issue is not my intelligence here, it is your dishonesty. 

You clearly do not understand that the primary location of "homemaker" is usually considered to be the kitchen.

Too young, too dumb, you are. Now you know, if you're able to learn. I have my doubts about that.

• Downvote 1

Just now, robosmith said:

You clearly do not understand that the primary location of "homemaker" is usually considered to be the kitchen.

Too young, too dumb, you are. Now you know, if you're able to learn. I have my doubts about that.

OMG

The issue isn't the technicality of kitchen vs homemaker, for crying out loud, man. 

He was not telling women to stay there. He was praising his wife, her decisions, and her contributions to his success in life. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NakedHunterBiden said:

ummm.... i'm not seeing the word 'in the kitchen' there?   Could you point it out? Or were you just lying in the tradition of most democrats these days?

Oh.  Lying. I see, well fair enough :) 

Interestingly science and testing agrees with him. In countries where women are given MORE freedom to do what they like including being execs and such it turns out more really do get excited about raising a family.  Not all - but more. 

8 minutes ago, User said:

OMG

The issue isn't the technicality of kitchen vs homemaker, for crying out loud, man. 

He was not telling women to stay there. He was praising his wife, her decisions, and her contributions to his success in life. 

4 hours ago, User said:

So... where does he tell women to stay in the kitchen?

Seriously, this thread title is a lie. This article is trash and little more than a troll job. 

You're the one who was confused about where the kitchen is mentioned. 

He is praising his wife for being a homemaker, AKA, not pursuing a career, AKA, staying in the kitchen.

Now you know. You're welcome.

If you're still confused, you can just stop embarrassing yourself, cause I won't be explaining it to you any further.

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

He is praising his wife for being a homemaker, AKA, not pursuing a career, AKA, staying in the kitchen.

Now you know. You're welcome.

If you're still confused, you can just stop embarrassing yourself, cause I won't be explaining it to you any further.

I was never confused about anything here. You are acting as if you can't understand my comments, which never had anything to do with some technicality between literally saying kitchen or homemaker... 

Yes, he is praising his wife. 

Back to the point:

Nowhere is he telling women to stay in the kitchen.

Are you through playing dumb?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robosmith said:

Well no - he's saying he thinks many women will choose that. 

And what exactly is wrong with that? There's a big difference between saying a womans place is in the kitchen and saying many women would choose to raise a family rather than be an executive. 

5 hours ago, User said:

AAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  (snort!) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, User said:

I was never confused about anything here. You are acting as if you can't understand my comments, which never had anything to do with some technicality between literally saying kitchen or homemaker... 

Yes, he is praising his wife. 

Back to the point:

Nowhere is he telling women to stay in the kitchen.

I was going to say I don't think shorty is playing, but that is kinda mean. So I won't say it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Women need to know their place and more men like Butker to tell them what that place is.

Or, folks like you need to listen to what he said if you will comment on it or be more honest. 

I wonder if you can even define what a woman is in any meaningful way. LOL

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 8:11 AM, User said:

Or, folks like you need to listen to what he said if you will comment on it or be more honest. 

I wonder if you can even define what a woman is in any meaningful way. LOL

I did. This was a commencement address. Basically he was telling all the female graduates that they had just wasted four years of their time because they should all want to be making babies and be homemakers. 

It isn't my or your place to define women, have the courtesy to leave that to them. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I did. This was a commencement address. Basically he was telling all the female graduates that they had just wasted four years of their time because they should all want to be making babies and be homemakers. 

It isn't my or your place to define women, have the courtesy to leave that to them. 

Lmao...science defined a woman. All the way down to the chromosomes. No manner of dress up or body manipulation can change that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

See, you are not interested in what he actually said at all. I am still not convinced you even listened, because you have to sit here saying "basically" he was telling... instead of showing us exactly what he said you take issue with. 

Come back here with the actual quote, not your purposefully distorted version.

9 minutes ago, Aristides said:

This answered my question. The definition of what a woman is, does not depend on what anyone claims it is or there is no definition. 

You are just unwilling to answer because you know it will show how you don't have a real definition because you think Men can be women just because they say they are. 

The irony is that you are here talking about how Butker was telling women something and you can't even define what a woman is... LOL

13 minutes ago, User said:

See, you are not interested in what he actually said at all. I am still not convinced you even listened, because you have to sit here saying "basically" he was telling... instead of showing us exactly what he said you take issue with. 

Come back here with the actual quote, not your purposefully distorted version.

This answered my question. The definition of what a woman is, does not depend on what anyone claims it is or there is no definition. 

You are just unwilling to answer because you know it will show how you don't have a real definition because you think Men can be women just because they say they are. 

The irony is that you are here talking about how Butker was telling women something and you can't even define what a woman is... LOL

I don't think you were listening to him. Of course he was telling them, why else would he say it. 

Do you think women should be able to define you or other men. What gives you the right to tell women what they should be? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Lmao...science defined a woman. All the way down to the chromosomes. No manner of dress up or body manipulation can change that.

Who is talking about that? This is about a guy who wants to define a woman's world, that he knows what they should be.  

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

He is allowed to have these views and to express them. And I am allowed to disagree and pay no further attention to what he has to say. 

Of course he is. He also has to take responsibility for them.

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I don't think you were listening to him. Of course he was telling them, why else would he say it. 

Do you think women should be able to define you or other men. What gives you the right to tell women what they should be? 

Why else would he say... what? What exactly is it you take issue with him saying? 

The guy was praising his wife and praising being a homemaker. Nowhere did he say women need to know their place, nor that they need men to tell them where it is. 

I did not ask you to tell women what they should be. I asked if you could define the term. 

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Who is talking about that? This is about a guy who wants to define a woman's world, that he knows what they should be.  

Clearly, you are just making this crap up now. You have no idea what he said. 

6 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

He is allowed to have these views and to express them. And I am allowed to disagree and pay no further attention to what he has to say. 

Except, he doesn't have "these" views as the thread title claimed. 

22 minutes ago, User said:

Why else would he say... what? What exactly is it you take issue with him saying? 

The guy was praising his wife and praising being a homemaker. Nowhere did he say women need to know their place, nor that they need men to tell them where it is. 

I did not ask you to tell women what they should be. I asked if you could define the term. 

Clearly, you are just making this crap up now. You have no idea what he said. 

Except, he doesn't have "these" views as the thread title claimed. 

I want to speak directly to you briefly, because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you,’ he said.

What are these ‘diabolical lies’, you ask? Oh, just how we’ve been told to think ‘about all the promotions and titles you’re going to get in your career.’

Although he graciously admitted that some would actually go on to have successful careers, he ‘ventured to guess’ that the majority of them would be more enthused about having kids and getting married – as we are wont to do.

No such comments for the men in the class. Why does he get to speak for women? By "we are wont to do" he actually means what he is wont to do

Good for Mrs Butker but isn't she capable for speaking for herself? She lives with a guy who makes over $4 million a year so I imagine life would be pretty good. Not your average couple.

‘I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother.’

Edited by Aristides