A Bible for every household Policy

4 hours ago, West said:

Donnie is selling Bibles but should really be running a campaign to fund a Bible for every American household. A good investment by taxpayers. 

You think the government should select which Bible Americans can have for free in their home? Wouldn’t that establish one religion over others?  So how about if the Bible the government chooses is the Koran? Would that be ok with you? Spend US tax dollars giving out Korans to everybody?

Edited by Rebound

32 minutes ago, Rebound said:

You think the government should select which Bible Americans can have for free in their home? Wouldn’t that establish one religion over others?  So how about if the Bible the government chooses is the Koran? Would that be ok with you? Spend US tax dollars giving out Korans to everybody?

I'm talking about the Holy Bible. The Christian book. 

You can choose which version so long as you have a Bible in your home. 

3 hours ago, West said:

I'm talking about the Holy Bible. The Christian book. 

You can choose which version so long as you have a Bible in your home. 

Using tax dollars to fund one religion over all others would be unConstitutional here.

"Congress shall make no laws respecting an establishment of religion."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robosmith said:

Using tax dollars to fund one religion over all others would be unConstitutional here.

There is only one name in heaven and on earth which one can be saved: Jesus Christ. 

It's like denying a cancer patient chemotherapy

16 hours ago, herbie said:

A good King Trump Edition without the flag licking but includes the entire Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

Better than the Satanic Bible, which every flag burning democrat child molester has on it/them's sacrificial table. ;) 

17 hours ago, West said:

Donnie is selling Bibles but should really be running a campaign to fund a Bible for every American household. A good investment by taxpayers. 

Donald Trump was robbed by gangbangers posing as legal officials. He'll drum up funding as best he can until he returns to the White House in January. 

The swamp has never been in more need of draining than it does right now. ;) 

1 hour ago, West said:

There is only one name in heaven and on earth which one can be saved: Jesus Christ. 

It's great that you found something that you can believe in, but it not at all appropriate to use taxpayer money to promote religion. Many people don' If you want to proselytize, do it on your own dime. 

Or to put it in a different context: do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. Would you like it if the government took your tax dollars and used them to promote some alternative religion that you don't believe in?

The separation of church and state is vital to maintaining freedom of religion.  

3 hours ago, West said:

They are not at all alike.

Start with cost. Chemo is very expensive.

Bibles are cheap. They can be read online, at the library, or in a church for FREE. 

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Donald Trump was robbed by gangbangers posing as legal officials. He'll drum up funding as best he can until he returns to the White House in January. 

The swamp has never been in more need of draining than it does right now. ;) 

What happened? Trump FAILED to drain like he promised? LMAO

The Bible is not necessary for a moral or productive life. It should be a matter of choice what books one has in their house. At the moment, I am reading, "The Id10t" by Dostoyevsky. The more ignorant types would think this is proof that I am communist. However, if you actually read the book.. you would know that it has almost nothing to do with politics and zero to do with economics. 

• Like 1

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Huh ?  Why ?  Because it's a Russian name ?   So if I listen to Lenny Kravitz I'm a commie then..

Yes. According to certain types on here.. if you read a novel written by someone in a communist or previously communist nation.. that must mean that it is communist propaganda. And furthermore.. that must be why I am reading it. Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy are not light reads BTW. However, if one can put their bias aside one can glean why Russia was ready for a revolution in the 20th century. The seeds of discontent were already there. 

On 3/31/2024 at 11:33 PM, robosmith said:

While they cannot make a religion the official religion of the US, they can and should purchase a Bible for every American home. 

19 hours ago, 9ncog9nto said:

Woketard?

I came here looking for political discussion. Did I stumble into a teenagers chat room?

Yes, woketard.

I hope you're not another woketard; there are too many in here already. 

Edited by Deluge

On 4/1/2024 at 9:47 AM, robosmith said:

What happened? Trump FAILED to drain like he promised? LMAO

He DID drain the swamp. Until only the scum was left.

Scum that would hawk nationalist Bibles during Easter Week... no limit to how crass one can get.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Deluge said:

Yes, woketard.

I hope you're not another woketard; there are too many in here already. 

In my experience the most 'tarded' people are the ones who use the term 'tard'.

And it's often been that the ones who use the term 'woke' are a close second. Can't say I've ever seen someone hit two with one shot before.

• Like 2