Can Trump Bring the World Back to Peace Again?

Trump boasted that he can get the war in Ukraine stopped in one day. 

Does anyone doubt him?

Does anyone think that Ukraine would ever win back the territory that Russia has already gained?

If we get closer to election day and the Dems haven't managed to jail their opposition, what are the chances that they start pushing for a peace deal?

I don't doubt that Trump will get a ceasefire on day 1, and a final peace settlement sometime soon after. 

How much of the damage that Biden has done can be rectified in just 4 years? 

It just seems like an impossible task now, getting America back to where it was in 2019. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Does anyone doubt him?

Does anyone think that Ukraine would ever win back the territory that Russia has already gained?

If we get closer to election day and the Dems haven't managed to jail their opposition, what are the chances that they start pushing for a peace deal?

I don't doubt that Trump will get a ceasefire on day 1, and a final peace settlement sometime soon after.

there is no reason for the Kremlin to pursue a ceasefire

thus if Trump proposed that, the Kremlin would rebuff him

tho I don't expect Trump to propose a ceasefire

quite the opposite, I would expect Republicans to be hawkish in the face of any adversary

the Glorious Union does not capitulate in the face of foreign powers

11 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

doubtful. The US does not control Israel, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, or yemen. nor do we control Russia or Ukraine. And then there is all of the civil wars in Africa. We can issue sanctions and negotiate but in the end, we are a third party (at best) to these conflicts. 

The US COULD greatly inhibit the military adventures of Israel by withdrawing the military aid on which they DEPEND.

We KNOW that Trump will never do that to Israel, and Biden is kind of hamstrung by his dependence on Jewish support even morso than Trump.

If Trump regains the POTUS, look for Israel to evict all the Palestinians because Netanyahu will suffer NO REPRISALS from the US while Trump occupies the WH.

15 minutes ago, robosmith said:

If Trump regains the POTUS, look for Israel to evict all the Palestinians because Netanyahu will suffer NO REPRISALS from the US while Trump occupies the WH.

Expect the whole planet to lurch in that direction. Strongmen and autocrats will be lining up like hyenas on Wall Street salivating in anticipation of a massive bailout juiced up with greater deregulation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

doubtful. The US does not control Israel, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, or yemen. nor do we control Russia or Ukraine. And then there is all of the civil wars in Africa. We can issue sanctions and negotiate but in the end, we are a third party (at best) to these conflicts. 

If Trump says that funding for Ukraine will stop, Ukraine will beg for peace, and Congress can't send money to Ukraine without Trump's approval. He can veto it. 

Ukraine can't match Russia's capacity to create munitions.

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

there is no reason for the Kremlin to pursue a ceasefire

thus if Trump proposed that, the Kremlin would rebuff him

tho I don't expect Trump to propose a ceasefire

quite the opposite, I would expect Republicans to be hawkish in the face of any adversary

the Glorious Union does not capitulate in the face of foreign powers

Russia already has pursued a ceasefire, and Trump's not a hawk like Biden and the Dems. 

I think the Dems already know that Trump can get a peace deal done, my guess is that if the Dems can't use the courts to get rid of their political adversary, they will suddenly get the great idea to pursue peace in time for an Oct deal. 

This is a prime and complete illustration how it works: first, they turn off their brain, not the automatic functions maybe like feeding and breathing, but the thinking part. Eyes too. Then in the place of a thought (with alive, real people) they stick a coined phase, empty words a placebo with zero meaning. "Negotiate" with a psycho. "Ceasefire" with a hitler. No thought, nor checks with reality is possible. Just keep shoveling it and hope that a million of sh*tloads of zero meaning could add to anything. Will it, could it? Of course not. A second-grader already knows.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Does anyone doubt him?

It just seems like an impossible task now, getting America back to where it was in 2019. 

Trump needs to reverse all the shit Obama did in 2014, by getting a non-corrupt leader in there to steer the country out of its mess. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Does anyone doubt him?

Sure. He did it before and can do it again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, myata said:

"Ceasefire" with Hitler? What a pile of lying bullshit. Like what else could one come up with, with a dead brain?

Grow up, Myata. Putin isn't "Hitler" ffs.

Can you tell me honestly what your main source of TV news is? I don't care if you watch 1 minute a month or 30+ hrs, just tell me what channel you watch the most. I'm curious.

Brain-dead bullshit and what else? How else can one ignore obvious, immediately visible reality glaring in one's face? Brain-dead bullshit does the trick, always, 100% success.

Edited by myata