Jump to content

Transgenderism and sports


Recommended Posts

I was watching a video the other day and they were talking about men who say they are women and competing in women's sports. Specifically they were talking about the swimmer Thompson. It's lea if I'm not mistaken. So I got to thinking that this person was a man but is now supposedly a woman competing against women but why? If genitals don't determine gender and gender is a social construct and women can compete with men, why didn't this Thompson person just keep competing with the same people he/she was competing against before realizing he/she was a woman? Why did he/she go to compete against women?

Edited by Yakuda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2024 at 3:33 PM, Yakuda said:

Why did he/she go to compete against women?

Because the NCAA wanted to be woke so allowed it to happen.

Proof there is a massive gap in either gender.

As a male, she barely placed in the top 400.

As a female, she was smashing records left and right, beating women by huge margins.

I kind of see it like playing sports with a toddler, and letting then win, then all of a sudden doing your best to humiliate them. 

Thats what watching trans women competing vs women looks like to me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Because the NCAA wanted to be woke so allowed it to happen.

Proof there is a massive gap in either gender.

As a male, she barely placed in the top 400.

As a female, she was smashing records left and right, beating women by huge margins.

I kind of see it like playing sports with a toddler, and letting then win, then all of a sudden doing your best to humiliate them. 

Thats what watching trans women competing vs women looks like to me.

So youre saying transfreakism is bullshit? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Yakuda said:

So youre saying transfreakism is bullshit? 

Being trans is real. Gender dysphoria is very real. 

Most in society never had an issue with this.

Its the circus surrounding the fact that all of a sudden, governments and activists are pushing this ideology, as an opportunistic means of further controlling their population.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Being trans is real. Gender dysphoria is very real. 

Most in society never had an issue with this.

Its the circus surrounding the fact that all of a sudden, governments and activists are pushing this ideology, as an opportunistic means of further controlling their population.  

Gender dysphoria night be, yes.  "Being trans" isn't. It's based on the bogus idea that because a tiny number of people are born intersex that's means gender MUST be in a "spectrum". There is no evidence for it and there is even less evidence for the 37 or whatever number of "genders" which supposedly exists. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

"Being trans" isn't.

Gender dysphoria is very real. I personally know quite a few trans people. Its a mental health issue. Instead of pushing treatment, its easier to demonize you for not seeing a person how they feel inside.

There is no spectrum, that's the point am making. Thats the ideology.

Harder to call someone a crossdresser when they identify as female. A guy throws a skirt and heels on, and is a woman. Period. NO QUESTIONS!

Easier to silence people, when you state there are unlimited genders. Questions make you transphobic. 

That, any disagreement, would come with firm and fierce rebukes. Doxxing. Losing your job.

If these people get their way, arrests.

That's precisely why crimes against the trans community have spiked, sadly.

Activists don't understand the law of the unintended consequences. 

They claim to protect the people they have further had targeted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Being trans is real. Gender dysphoria is very real. 

Most in society never had an issue with this.

Its the circus surrounding the fact that all of a sudden, governments and activists are pushing this ideology, as an opportunistic means of further controlling their population.  

And there's the rub. There wasn't  problem with transgenderism being a thing or gender dysphoria being a serious medical issue in need of treatment. And society was willing to accomodate that 'little white lie' about a man being a woman to a point

But then they started insisting going way beyond that. We must accept that they WERE women. That they were identical to biological women, and that saying otherwise was a hate crime. And that children had to be raised to be encouraged to consider changing gender and that if they did then we should start snipping body parts and chemically altering them.

Then the so called 'trans rights' started bumping into other people's rights and there was a problem. And thats' where we're at now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Then the so called 'trans rights' started bumping into other people's rights

Literally erasing female rights, to accommodate these people. 

Anyone fighting for their rights, are met with vitriol, violence if not worse, is easier to remain quiet.

You literally cannot be assigned a gender at birth.

A toddler can't pick their gender. 

Kids change preferences about things literally daily. 

Universities are eradicating critical thinking. To me, that's the most dangerous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Literally erasing female rights, to accommodate these people. 

Anyone fighting for their rights, are met with vitriol, violence if not worse, is easier to remain quiet.

You literally cannot be assigned a gender at birth.

A toddler can't pick their gender. 

Kids change preferences about things literally daily. 

Universities are eradicating critical thinking. To me, that's the most dangerous.

All of that is true. Sadly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Gender dysphoria is very real. I personally know quite a few trans people. Its a mental health issue. Instead of pushing treatment, its easier to demonize you for not seeing a person how they feel inside.

There is no spectrum, that's the point am making. Thats the ideology.

Harder to call someone a crossdresser when they identify as female. A guy throws a skirt and heels on, and is a woman. Period. NO QUESTIONS!

Easier to silence people, when you state there are unlimited genders. Questions make you transphobic. 

That, any disagreement, would come with firm and fierce rebukes. Doxxing. Losing your job.

If these people get their way, arrests.

That's precisely why crimes against the trans community have spiked, sadly.

Activists don't understand the law of the unintended consequences. 

They claim to protect the people they have further had targeted.

How people identify doesn't require the rest of us to play along. There are people who really struggle with this but the VAST majority of people who are "trans" are playing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 12:08 PM, Perspektiv said:

Its the circus surrounding the fact that all of a sudden, governments and activists are pushing this ideology, as an opportunistic means of further controlling their population. 

All of a sudden? Governments and activists have been using every opportunity under the sun to control us for years and years now or so we're told.  As a lefty however I just don't feel the control. That said it seems its never been easier to make right-wingers jump 10 feet in the air over something. It's just you folks that are being controlled.

You aren't surrounding a circus you're the synchronized dolphins at Sea World. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

All of a sudden? Governments and activists have been using every opportunity under the sun to control us for years and years now or so we're told.  As a lefty however I just don't feel the control. That said it seems its never been easier to make right-wingers jump 10 feet in the air over something. It's just you folks that are being controlled.

You aren't surrounding a circus you're the synchronized dolphins at Sea World. 

Nothing makes a leftie squeal quite like when someone stands up and says 'maybe you shouldn't tell others what to do' ;) 

"You MUST accept this medical treatment or we'll destroy your life! You MUST participate in celebrating pride day or you'll be punished!  You MUST use the language chosen for you or be accused of hate crime! You do NOT have any rights as parents and you must submit to the schools choosing what happens with your children without consultation!!!"

"we're not ok with being controlled like that'.

"Controlled?!??  where....  where is THAT coming from???"  (shocked pikachu face!)

 If the left hasn't been trying to control anything - then i'm sure they won't complain when the right starts to undo some of those 'controls' seeing as they don't exist :)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

If the left hasn't been trying to control anything - then i'm sure they won't complain when the right starts to undo some of those 'controls' seeing as they don't exist

No you clearly misunderstood my post. Its you guys the left is 'controlling' if you can even call it that.  All anyone has to do is push a social button or flip an economic switch and..."Look at you go!"

It's not so much that right-wingers are under control you're way more out of control - of yourselves mostly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No you clearly misunderstood my post.

I understand just fine, oh butthurt one. :)

Quote

Its you guys the left is 'controlling' if you can even call it that.  All anyone has to do is push a social button or flip an economic switch and..."Look at you go!"

Yeah, I got that that's what you were trying to say. This is exactly what I responded to, the "oh let's pretend that there really isn't anything actually happening and that they're overreacting" gambit that the left loves so much.

All I did was point out that you're completely full of shit.

But hey, if nobody is actually trying to exercise any kind of control over anyone else then he won't mind or even notice when all of that gets undone. Right? :)  

 

Quote

It's not so much that right-wingers are under control you're way more out of control - of yourselves mostly.

LOL  sure little guy. You've been saying it for decades right? :)

after 10 years of woke government your little world is coming crashing down on you and people have realized that your ideals are morally bankrupt and lead to the ruin of people financially and their freedoms. And you realize it's about to come crashing to a halt and you're bitter. And you'd like to blame the right for the fact that your own policies failed so terribly.

Don't blame the right for the fact that you're deranged social experiments turned out to be a disaster or that people are turning away from that kind of thinking in droves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

 

image.thumb.png.86cd04200e57f2e2fd3ad2862b9a22b5.png

 

Making arguments with pictures and videos has, in our intellectually lazy society, become an acceptable political exchange.   Stereotypes don't substitute for arguments and points of consideration because they simply paint the opposition as not worth dealing with.  This happens on all sides, and I saw posts with idi0tic looking MAGA or Convoy supporters.

It's anti-politics and for a LONG time, moderator Anthony didn't even allow images on here for that reason.

Unless you are arguing that the person in the picture looks ugly, there's nowhere to go with posting a picture of someone you are against.  Post a picture of your handsome self if you think that pictures of adherents to a side are critically important.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,717
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Watson Winnefred
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...