Trump’s Next Legal Move: Personal Bankruptcy

25 minutes ago, Gator said:

Trump has no chance.  The system is rigged.  The Deep State will again appoint the president as they did in 20'.

He doesn't have a chance with Dominion machines and late night "mail deliveries", but hopefully that bullshit will be curbed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deluge said:

He doesn't have a chance with Dominion machines and late night "mail deliveries", but hopefully that bullshit will be curbed. 

Zero chance the Deep State permits Trump or any other enemy of theirs to take office.  The U.S. had a great run as a democratic republic, but those days are over. The U.S. is controlled by a corrupt oligarchy.

13 minutes ago, Deluge said:

And you believe FOS LIES paid $800M to Dominion because there was no evidence FOS LIED. LMAO

You're off the rails DELUGINAL.

42 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

So you don't know the law. That's patently obvious. You're just what the monkey trainers trained you to say. 

Tell you what, repeat ^THIS LIE ten more times, and I'll rub your face in NYS LAW that you can't find. LMAO

26 minutes ago, robosmith said:

And you believe FOS LIES paid $800M to Dominion because there was no evidence FOS LIED. LMAO

You woketards truly don't think for yourselves anymore. It's surprising, and it's sad. 

32 minutes ago, Gator said:

Zero chance the Deep State permits Trump or any other enemy of theirs to take office.  The U.S. had a great run as a democratic republic, but those days are over. The U.S. is controlled by a corrupt oligarchy.

I'm not there yet.

But if Trump gets thrown in jail and he's replaced by Neocon Nikki, then I think I will be there. 

Edited by Deluge

On 2/26/2024 at 10:33 AM, Yakuda said:

And how does someone defame a gold digging ho? 

In Trump's case? Telling everyone you had sex with them would probably guarantee no one will ever want to touch her with a sterilized 10 foot pole.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

You're off the rails DELUGINAL.

Tell you what, repeat ^THIS LIE ten more times, and I'll rub your face in NYS LAW that you can't find. LMAO

Oh i did find it and I read it and it says there must be people where were affected( the the word used) by the REPEATED fraudulent behavior. You should waste time trying  to find it because you won't like the outcome. 

41 minutes ago, eyeball said:

In Trump's case? Telling everyone you had sex with them would probably guarantee no one will ever want to touch her with a sterilized 10 foot pole.

I doubt anyone has ever had sex with her with anything but a sterilized 10 foot pole. 

31 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Oh i did find it and I read it and it says there must be people where were affected( the the word used) by the REPEATED fraudulent behavior. You should waste time trying  to find it because you won't like the outcome. 

Too bad you didn't understand the meaning of "affects."

You see, in the LAW, the meaning of the words is interpreted by PRECEDENT.

Which you MIGHT KNOW if you'd gone to law school instead of using your amateur "common sense" interpretation.

Show the precedent which for the purpose of that code, defines "affects" as meaning specific monetary damages.

I got a whole list of precedents cited by Judge Engoron. 

On 2/26/2024 at 2:51 PM, Yakuda said:

He will have to pay to appeal. That's not justice. 

So you don't know and I suspect the judge does t give a shit about the law but like you. 

As point of fact, he doesn't have to pay to appeal, he simply has to put the funds in escrow. If he were to win on appeal (he won't) nothing has been paid. It actually protects both parties. The winner can't go after the loser's funds and property until the appeal is finished. And the loser can be confident that the winner isn't hiding/destroying assets. It puts both parties on pause.

But given your emotional reaction to the perception of paying to operate normally while awaiting a judgment or appeal, can I assume that you support reform for cashless bail? 

1 hour ago, Yakuda said:

This is shoddy philosophy. If a tree falls in the financial forest and no one is around to hear it, did it really fall? Well, yeah. It did.

If an 18 year old uses a fake ID to rent a car (assume the requirement to rent is age 25) but returns the car in good condition, has the renter committed fraud? Well, yes. In an orderly society, should there be a consequence? Yes, there should. Even though no party was harmed, and the company benefitted financially as expected, a transgression was still committed, no? It's still reasonable to apply consequences to the individual, no?

If someone drinks and drives, do they deserve a legal consequence for that action, even if they didn't cause an accident? 

Rules exist to prevent bad/tragic outcomes. When the rules are broken, there are consequences--whether or not a tragic outcomes potentially occurred. Laws address risk, not just outcomes. That's what make rules enforceable.

^^Yes, I know that the Trump fraud case was civil, not criminal. It could have been criminal in other jurisdictions. Not really relevant to the comparison.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

This is shoddy philosophy. If a tree falls in the financial forest and no one is around to hear it, did it really fall? Well, yeah. It did.

If an 18 year old uses a fake ID to rent a car (assume the requirement to rent is age 25) but returns the car in good condition, has the renter committed fraud? Well, yes. In an orderly society, should there be a consequence? Yes, there should. Even though no party was harmed, and the company benefitted financially as expected, a transgression was still committed, no? It's still reasonable to apply consequences to the individual, no?

If someone drinks and drives, do they deserve a legal consequence for that action, even if they didn't cause an accident? 

Rules exist to prevent bad/tragic outcomes. When the rules are broken, there are consequences--whether or not a tragic outcomes potentially occurred. Laws address risk, not just outcomes. That's what make rules enforceable.

^^Yes, I know that the Trump fraud case was civil, not criminal. It could have been criminal in other jurisdictions. Not really relevant to the comparison.

In order for this kid to get in trouble for the fake ID it would take the rental agency getting damaged in some way for them to even look into it. An outside agency wouldn't just stumble upon it and arrest the kid unless someone made a claim against him due to damages from him using his fake ID.

In Trumps case we had a prosecutor with no evidence or complaint getting out a fishing pole and fishing to find anything to get on Trump.

Here is another problem if his fraud was so obvious and awful, why didn't she go after him criminally and not only get damages but a jail sentence?

On 2/26/2024 at 11:57 AM, robosmith said:

I agree that you weren't even in court nor have ANY legal experience except as a defendant. What did they get you for? LMAO

Sure it is. LMAO More ^BULLSHIT walking.

"...lawyers get..."

And,  in re: " Sure....more ^BULLSHIT walking"

Sidney Powell, attorney and L. L. Lynwood, attorney will disagree. Both are up on charges with 6th Circuit U. S. Court of Appeals for defrauding the voters and Election Committee and all citizens of Michigan for claiming " massive election fraud cost Donald Trump the victory of the 2020 Election .

This statement confirming it WAS entirely FRAUD on the part of these two attorneys "..and a group of attorneys they led.." was given by the Michigan State Supreme Court to whom they brought their appeal after first being declared fraudulent by the U. S. 6th Circuit Court.  ,in fact the Supreme Court was unusually terse in their statement of refusal to even hear the Appeal, rejecting it and the "...frivolous claims of ( attorneys Powell and Linwood). and remanding it back to the 6th Circuit Court for determination of Judgement, fines and ethics violations plus referral to the State Bar Associations for further damages and Bar License Reviews ( meaning each could lose their future ability to practice law at all).  

Just now, Fluffypants said:

In order for this kid to get in trouble for the fake ID it would take the rental agency getting damaged in some way for them to even look into it. An outside agency wouldn't just stumble upon it and arrest the kid unless someone made a claim against him due to damages from him using his fake ID.

In Trumps case we had a prosecutor with no evidence or complaint getting out a fishing pole and fishing to find anything to get on Trump.

Here is another problem if his fraud was so obvious and awful, why didn't she go after him criminally and not only get damages but a jail sentence?

Let me get this straight. You are claiming that the only time people are caught and punished for using a fake ID is when there is a harmful outcome? 

If you pause to think about that, you can see it's obviously not correct. But it's also beside the point. Again, we make and enforce and punish all sorts of laws and rules based on violation of those laws rather than harmful outcomes.

What conservative America is trying to do right now with regard to Trump's fraud is too say "no harm, no foul." But even the dumbest among them won't show up at traffic court to dispute a speeding ticket by saying, "Yeah, I broke the law, but I didn't have an accident!" It's quite a silly defense.

The question of why this is a civil case rather than a criminal case is a well-worn path. 

Point of fact, the State of NY is not prosecuting Trump. There is no prosecutor involved. In this case, the state of NY is the plaintiff, and the case is initiated by the attorney general, not a DA. There is a jurisdictional division. The AG can't bring a criminal case in this instance, but can bring a civil case. Conceivably, I believe a DA could bring criminal charges for the same activity, but it would be a different case. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Let me get this straight. You are claiming that the only time people are caught and punished for using a fake ID is when there is a harmful outcome? 

If you pause to think about that, you can see it's obviously not correct. But it's also beside the point. Again, we make and enforce and punish all sorts of laws and rules based on violation of those laws rather than harmful outcomes.

What conservative America is trying to do right now with regard to Trump's fraud is too say "no harm, no foul." But even the dumbest among them won't show up at traffic court to dispute a speeding ticket by saying, "Yeah, I broke the law, but I didn't have an accident!" It's quite a silly defense.

The question of why this is a civil case rather than a criminal case is a well-worn path. 

Point of fact, the State of NY is not prosecuting Trump. There is no prosecutor involved. In this case, the state of NY is the plaintiff, and the case is initiated by the attorney general, not a DA. There is a jurisdictional division. The AG can't bring a criminal case in this instance, but can bring a civil case. Conceivably, I believe a DA could bring criminal charges for the same activity, but it would be a different case. 

No one is claiming Trump defrauded anyone except the state and their would case be more believable if their valuation weren't so insanely low.

They valued Mara Lago at 18 million, right now there is a 4.3 acre strip of land in that area going for 200 million. They have 5 bedroom houses in the area on .4 acres of land going for 19 million. We are talking 16 acres of oceanfront land with a resort on it. The land alone is worth 500 million at least and some local appraiser valued it at 18 million.

21 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

No one is claiming Trump defrauded anyone except the state and their would case be more believable if their valuation weren't so insanely low.

They valued Mara Lago at 18 million, right now there is a 4.3 acre strip of land in that area going for 200 million. They have 5 bedroom houses in the area on .4 acres of land going for 19 million. We are talking 16 acres of oceanfront land with a resort on it. The land alone is worth 500 million at least and some local appraiser valued it at 18 million.

Mar-a-lago is funky because Trump couldn't afford the upkeep on it and had it converted from a residence to a private club. That's why the county valuation is out of sync with the houses neighborhood: it's not a house.

Looks like that valuation method has been saving Trump over $17 million in taxes per year. You can read about it. Trump is playing with both values--not that I blame him for trying with that one.

At any rate, that's one of many properties at issue. Even if you wanted to toss it out as an outlier, Trump is still a fraudster. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Hodad
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

Mar-a-Lago is worth ~$20 million because it is deed restricted solely for use as a private club. It cannot be resold as several residences, or a hotel, or even one big residence. It has to be used as a country club, even if resold.  Thats why it’s worth so little.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Thanks 1