Truckers May Boycott NY City on Monday to Protest its Judicial Activism

https://nypost.com/2024/02/19/us-news/trump-supporting-truckers-vow-their-boycott-could-shut-down-new-york/

• The boycott seemed to have been started by conservative social media influencer Chicago Ray, who posted a clip Friday saying he had spoken to some of his trucker colleagues who said they would stop making deliveries to the city starting Monday.

He claimed that 95% of truckers support the former president, and said the bosses of freight companies “ain’t gonna care if we deny the loads — we’ll just go somewhere else.”

Should truckers have to drive into NYC if they don't want to?

Nah.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

https://nypost.com/2024/02/19/us-news/trump-supporting-truckers-vow-their-boycott-could-shut-down-new-york/

• The boycott seemed to have been started by conservative social media influencer Chicago Ray, who posted a clip Friday saying he had spoken to some of his trucker colleagues who said they would stop making deliveries to the city starting Monday.

He claimed that 95% of truckers support the former president, and said the bosses of freight companies “ain’t gonna care if we deny the loads — we’ll just go somewhere else.”

Nah.

Anyone can refuse to work.  That's how protest succeeds.

Monday ?  Ok let's see.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Anyone can refuse to work.  That's how protest succeeds.

Monday ?  Ok let's see.

I don't know what they hope to accomplish. 

The more "successful" the boycott is, the more people will just hate each other. 

If they're waiting for Latitia James and the activist judge to start caring if poor people can't afford food, NY is gonna be the diet capitol of the world. 

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Nah.

New York declares Holiday due to reduced truck traffic;  people find cars they abandoned decades ago still stalled behind 5th Avenue broken traffic light.  

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Nah.

Of course 95% support Trump. If they were SMART, they would have a job that requires brains instead of being truck drivers.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

Of course 95% support Trump. If they were SMART, they would have a job that requires brains instead of being truck drivers.

Lol...I hope you, in particular, get everything you deserve.

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't know what they hope to accomplish. 

The more "successful" the boycott is, the more people will just hate each other. 

If they're waiting for Latitia James and the activist judge to start caring if poor people can't afford food, NY is gonna be the diet capitol of the world. 

Let me ask you a super easy, softball question: What is Trump’s legal defense to the fraud which he committed in New York? 

Here’s a specific one: What is the legal defense to the fact that Trump repeatedly stated, on signed, sworn documents, that he owned a 30,000 square foot penthouse which was actually only 11,000 square feet? Just answer that. 

Here’s another softball: Do truck drivers think there’s any possible way that their actions can reverse a court decision?

Edited by Rebound

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Let me ask you a super easy, softball question: What is Trump’s legal defense to the fraud which he committed in New York? 

His defence is that he didn't defraud the bank. The bank gave a loan on terms that they were satisfied with and he paid it back in full, on time. 

He didn't sell them those properties, they just gave him a loan based on the value that they determined themselves. 

Latitia James should be trying to find out why Cuomo forced care homes to take covid patients back instead of putting them into the Javits Center or the USS Comfort while they were sitting right there, nearly empty. Right now his only defence is "bureaucracy", but it should be easier to force pandemic victims to go to a hospital that's specifically outfitted to treat pandemic victims than a care home that's not designed to take care of any sick people at all, right? 

Cuomo's biological warfare against seniors went on for 10 months - 300 days - but the Comfort and the Javits Center were open for business 5 and 13 days later.  

What's the legal defence for sending people with covid into a care home instead of a hospital? Why have you never cared? Why has no leftist here ever cared? We're talking about thousands of dead people, not the details of a loan request for a loan that was repaid in full. How many people did that loan request kill? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

His defence is that he didn't defraud the bank. The bank gave a loan on terms that they were satisfied with and he paid it back in full, on time. 

He didn't sell them those properties, they just gave him a loan based on the value that they determined themselves. 

Latitia James should be trying to find out why Cuomo forced care homes to take covid patients back instead of putting them into the Javits Center or the USS Comfort while they were sitting right there, nearly empty. Right now his only defence is "bureaucracy", but it should be easier to force pandemic victims to go to a hospital that's specifically outfitted to treat pandemic victims than a care home that's not designed to take care of any sick people at all, right? 

Cuomo's biological warfare against seniors went on for 10 months - 300 days - but the Comfort and the Javits Center were open for business 5 and 13 days later.  

What's the legal defence for sending people with covid into a care home instead of a hospital? Why have you never cared? Why has no leftist here ever cared? We're talking about thousands of dead people, not the details of a loan request for a loan that was repaid in full. How many people did that loan request kill? 

The fraud case has nothing to do with Covid. You know you’ve lost the argument so you’re grasping at straws. 

The law states that you cannot commit fraud. Under New York State law, Trump and his organization committed fraud for many years. Trump did fail to repay loans to Deusche Bank; it’s been well documented. It’s entirely possible that the bank did not want to present itself as being hostile to a powerful political figure, or they didn’t want to present themselves as being easily fooled. But the law is the law, and it’s been applied many times (this is not the first time). I’ve had to make financial disclosures before and I knew perfectly well that there were legal consequences for making false statements. Not “arguably false” or “wiggle-room false”, but in Trump’s case, “Demonstrably false several times over.” One obvious example is repeatedly stating that his Trump Tower penthouse was 30,000 square feet when it was 10,000. There’s nothing vague about that, it’s a 300% overstatement and it’s clearly fraudulent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Nah.

I love the spirit of this, but I would rather see grassroots campaigns to turn voters red. How cool would it be to flip New York? 

15 minutes ago, Rebound said:

The fraud case has nothing to do with Covid. You know you’ve lost the argument so you’re grasping at straws. 

The law states that you cannot commit fraud. Under New York State law, Trump and his organization committed fraud for many years. Trump did fail to repay loans to Deusche Bank; it’s been well documented. It’s entirely possible that the bank did not want to present itself as being hostile to a powerful political figure, or they didn’t want to present themselves as being easily fooled. But the law is the law, and it’s been applied many times (this is not the first time). I’ve had to make financial disclosures before and I knew perfectly well that there were legal consequences for making false statements. Not “arguably false” or “wiggle-room false”, but in Trump’s case, “Demonstrably false several times over.” One obvious example is repeatedly stating that his Trump Tower penthouse was 30,000 square feet when it was 10,000. There’s nothing vague about that, it’s a 300% overstatement and it’s clearly fraudulent. 

It's a 'victimless fraud' case. There's no victim. The bank said that they weren't a victim. This is the first ever fraud case with no victim. 

The State of NY is specifically targeting Donald Trump for political reasons. The State of NY is not investigating the deaths of thousands of NYers, they're protecting Gov. Cuomo for political reasons.

At what point in all of your days here on repolitics did you ever say "Geez, why did Cuomo send covid patients back into care homes instead of sending them to the Javits Center or to the USS Comfort"?

Why did that never matter to you Rebound? Even when covid was the biggest deal on earth, and you were spending all of your useful keyboard-warrior energy on 'whom to force-vax' and 'whom to blame for covid', you never once had a stern word for Cuomo. 

You were part of the "BAN THE SYMPOM-FREE YET UNVAXED FROM SOCIETY!" crowd, yet you were 100% indifferent to sending covid patients into buildings that were rife with elderly people with co-morbidities, even when that was 100% unnecessary. Why is that?

Rebound, I don't care about Letitia James right now because she's not here to run her id10t mouth... I'm talking about you now.

Let's forget about a loan from 13 years ago that was already paid back and talk about why you don't care about thousands of deaths from just 4 years ago. Does that make sense? Does it make sense to you that thousands of deaths are more important than a repaid loan? So answer 1 question:  why have you never cared about what Cuomo did? Why has it always been impossible for you to say "That was bad, there needs to be an investigation into that"? 

Let's be real. You're not here to discuss anything like an adult. You're here to push political narratives, even farcical ones. 

Now, I get it, this is a political forum so we are here specifically to talk about political issues, but that's not to say that we are here to engage in partisan stupidity. Does that make sense to you? Do you understand the difference between "talking about political issues" and "pushing farcical political narratives"?

I'll give you an example: saying that "a repaid loan from 2011 is more important than thousands of people murdered - whether by malicious intent or gross incompetence/negligence - in 2020" is farcical. To say that Latitia James's primary task as NY State AG was to find something to charge Donald Trump with while she ignores the murders of thousands of people is farcical. 

26 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I love the spirit of this, but I would rather see grassroots campaigns to turn voters red. How cool would it be to flip New York? 

Look at the leftist cultists on this forum. Do you think that facts, common sense, and realism will have any effect whatsoever on them? 

Intelligent dialogue rolls off them like water off a duck's back. They're 100% immune. 

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's a 'victimless fraud' case. There's no victim. The bank said that they weren't a victim. This is the first ever fraud case with no victim. 

The State of NY is specifically targeting Donald Trump for political reasons. The State of NY is not investigating the deaths of thousands of NYers, they're protecting Gov. Cuomo for political reasons.

At what point in all of your days here on repolitics did you ever say "Geez, why did Cuomo send covid patients back into care homes instead of sending them to the Javits Center or to the USS Comfort"?

Why did that never matter to you Rebound? Even when covid was the biggest deal on earth, and you were spending all of your useful keyboard-warrior energy on 'whom to force-vax' and 'whom to blame for covid', you never once had a stern word for Cuomo. 

You were part of the "BAN THE SYMPOM-FREE YET UNVAXED FROM SOCIETY!" crowd, yet you were 100% indifferent to sending covid patients into buildings that were rife with elderly people with co-morbidities, even when that was 100% unnecessary. Why is that?

Rebound, I don't care about Letitia James right now because she's not here to run her id10t mouth... I'm talking about you now.

Let's forget about a loan from 13 years ago that was already paid back and talk about why you don't care about thousands of deaths from just 4 years ago. Does that make sense? Does it make sense to you that thousands of deaths are more important than a repaid loan? So answer 1 question:  why have you never cared about what Cuomo did? Why has it always been impossible for you to say "That was bad, there needs to be an investigation into that"? 

Let's be real. You're not here to discuss anything like an adult. You're here to push political narratives, even farcical ones. 

Now, I get it, this is a political forum so we are here specifically to talk about political issues, but that's not to say that we are here to engage in partisan stupidity. Does that make sense to you? Do you understand the difference between "talking about political issues" and "pushing farcical political narratives"?

I'll give you an example: saying that "a repaid loan from 2011 is more important than thousands of people murdered - whether by malicious intent or gross incompetence/negligence - in 2020" is farcical. To say that Latitia James's primary task as NY State AG was to find something to charge Donald Trump with while she ignores the murders of thousands of people is farcical. 

None of this has anything to do with truck drivers thinking they can overturn a judicial ruling. They cannot. They can boycott New York for eternity, it won’t overturn the ruling. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Look at the leftist cultists on this forum. Do you think that facts, common sense, and realism will have any effect whatsoever on them? 

Intelligent dialogue rolls off them like water off a duck's back. They're 100% immune. 

FACT: Trump lost his case.

FACT: Trump owes over $450 million, plus another $88.3 million. 

See? I’m not ignoring facts at all. 

4 minutes ago, Rebound said:

None of this has anything to do with truck drivers thinking they can overturn a judicial ruling. They cannot. They can boycott New York for eternity, it won’t overturn the ruling. 

FACT: This is a witch hunt

FACT: The banana republic of New York is extorting $450 million, plus another $88.3 million out of Donald Trump. 

See? Once gain, you were WAY OFF. ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Fact: Trump will win the appeal

Fact You're a cultist

Fact: You have nothing intelligent or worthwhile to say about anything

Fact: thousands of deaths are more important than a repaid loan.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Nope. Never in the history of the world has clearer cases of human debris been seen, but I do believe there are democrat voters who are normal enough to just break away from these devil worshipping cultists. 

Edited by Deluge

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I wouldn't put any job down in this way.  In any case, if you think that the world should work better for you as a matter of privilege because of a degree, there's a word for that. 

Do you believe it takes brains to do a mind numbing job for hours on end of keeping a vehicle between 2 lines?

You're the one putting them down for not being smart. I'm just stating the OBVIOUS result.

I could never do that job day after day.

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

A lot of our problems are with us because working folks are excluded from the conversation.

Perhaps they are excluded because they have no good solutions other than clogging up the streets when they're not happy about existing POLICIES.

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...I hope you, in particular, get everything you deserve.

I do and will, and your "hopes" have ZERO EFFECT.

One thing is for sure, what I get, won't be based on the FRAUDS that you continually DEFEND. 🤮

Edited by robosmith

Maybe Cuomo already explained what you want to hear and you just MISSED IT, cause your NEWS source only tells you half the story.

In FACT the USS Comfort was never designed for patients with communicable diseases such as COVID and did not have suitable ventilation systems for isolation of the patients.

Have ever even read NYS law? It specifically says harm is NOT REQUIRED to commit BANK FRAUD.

You should write a letter to Judge Engoron and explain to him his deficiency in his understanding of NYS LAW.

I'm sure he will overturn his decision based on the understanding of NYS law by a Canadian statistician. LMAO 

3 hours ago, Deluge said:

FACT: This is a witch hunt

FACT: The banana republic of New York is extorting $450 million, plus another $88.3 million out of Donald Trump. 

See? Once gain, you were WAY OFF. ;)

Once again you mistake ^your stupid OPINIONS for "facts."

That's why you never post corroboration for them.  

24 minutes ago, robosmith said:

1. Do you believe it takes brains to do a mind numbing job for hours on end of keeping a vehicle between 2 lines?

2. You're the one putting them down for not being smart. I'm just stating the OBVIOUS result.

3. Perhaps they are excluded because they have no good solutions other than clogging up the streets when they're not happy about existing POLICIES.

1. Yes.
2. I don't think I said that.
3. I'm talking about members of the public.  Does the system ask voters for the actual solutions ? It doesn't.

^^^^

4 posts by robotsmit

Let's play a game...  Before you click the options dropdown arrow to see them, guess: how many facts there are, how many links, how many lies, and how many baseless insults.

Obviously there are:

1. zero facts 
  2. zero links
  3. 7 lies
  4. 3 baseless insults.

Our survey says!

... drumroll please... thanks...

1. There were attempts at facts, most of them were wrong (obviously Engeron won't be the one in charge of overturning his own case lol) but I'll actually give him 1 fact, despite there being no cite for it
  2. 0 cites, checkmark
  3. 6 lies, I was off by 1
  4. 3 baseless insults, checkmark

Not bad. I got the number of cites and baseless insults correct, but off was off by 1 lie and 1 (non-cited) fact.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes.
2. I don't think I said that.
3. I'm talking about members of the public.  Does the system ask voters for the actual solutions ? It doesn't.

WTH is going on here? 

Are you coaching these guys to try to make them sound human?

STOP IT! We like robo just the way he is. He;'s a walking, talking billboard for conservative votes right now. 

• Haha 1