The buffoon's stooges, the principles and the courage

A part of the Republican leadership has cowered to Trump irrevocably, giving up all that matters: the integrity; the principles; the responsibility; the regard by the future generations, for fear or a promise of future treats. That's OK, happened and happens all the time.

This is not another political game though, and you know it. It can be a decisive moment in the history and all acts, lies and inaction will be recorded in it.

I offer to the Republicans in the House, who still value their self-respect; principles and values a blueprint out of this conundrum. It will work. If you don't like it, come up with another one that will work. This is important: inaction isn't an option because there are no valid reasons and no explanations for cowardice in the decisive moments of history.

- Move the motion to fire Johnson who's been torpedoing this critical matter for months now one a cue and waiting for a treat from his owner the buffoon.

- Vote to elect democratic House Leader for one vote only.

- Pass the bill.

- Move the motion to remove the House Leader.

- The Democrats abstain and it's back to the status quo.

But the bill is passed. And inaction in this time isn't an option. And you know it.

The posterity will remember this as a bold; courageous; non-partisan; and absolutely needed for the free future of America act. When the Time itself is calling, there can be no excuses to not act.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, myata said:

; and absolutely needed for the free future of America act. 

A large minority of "the" public can't appreciate the implications of the Republican presidential candidate consolidation of power in his loyalists and family.

The media bubbles assure us that he can only be viewed as the next Hitler or the only hope.

Internal resistance to his plan has weakened so there's only the general election left to determine if he wins.

Neil postman predicted this 40 years ago.  So did Eisenhower, if you read his book. I fear that most people on here have never read a book, and just see the zeitgeist as a whirlpool that carries us down without options.

(Brownie points for those who pick up the reference to Poe's Descent into Maelstrom and McLuhan's reference to that)

But Postman explained it more plainly... Capitalist hedonism and democracy were going to collide at some point.  Why read about Eisenhower, Churchill, LBJ when you get the Cartoon Network and weed is cheap and legal?

Edited by Michael Hardner

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Capitalist hedonism and democracy were going to collide at some point.

Throw in the mix extreme partisanship and unhinged propaganda. Who promised that it will work no matter what you do or not and throw at it? It is up to each generation to test and find out where the boundaries are. Yes you can lose your sanity and see what happens. If you live to see it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, myata said:

Who promised that it will work no matter what you do or not and throw at it? It is up to each generation to test and find out where the boundaries are. Yes you can lose your sanity and see what happens. If you live to see it.

It's been 80 years since WW2 and the foundations for our current prosperity.  

Nobody can remember even five years ago, and Chuds will scoff if you try to discuss things that they don't understand.

3 hours ago, myata said:

A part of the Republican leadership has cowered to Trump irrevocably, giving up all that matters: the integrity; the principles; the responsibility; the regard by the future generations, for fear or a promise of future treats. That's OK, happened and happens all the time.

This is not another political game though, and you know it. It can be a decisive moment in the history and all acts, lies and inaction will be recorded in it.

I offer to the Republicans in the House, who still value their self-respect; principles and values a blueprint out of this conundrum. It will work. If you don't like it, come up with another one that will work. This is important: inaction isn't an option because there are no valid reasons and no explanations for cowardice in the decisive moments of history.

- Move the motion to fire Johnson who's been torpedoing this critical matter for months now one a cue and waiting for a treat from his owner the buffoon.

- Vote to elect democratic House Leader for one vote only.

- Pass the bill.

- Move the motion to remove the House Leader.

- The Democrats abstain and it's back to the status quo.

But the bill is passed. And inaction in this time isn't an option. And you know it.

The posterity will remember this as a bold; courageous; non-partisan; and absolutely needed for the free future of America act. When the Time itself is calling, there can be no excuses to not act.

Leftists dont have to worry about integrity, they've never had any.

7 minutes ago, myata said:

No you can't have a discussion with a one-way feed, a gramophone.

I sometimes turn off IGNORE and listen to said gramophone.  I think that they like it when I do that.

Just now, Yakuda said:

Leftists dont have to worry about integrity, they've never had any.

Anyone who votes for Biden you mean...

Half of the USA.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I sometimes turn off IGNORE and listen to said gramophone.  I think that they like it when I do that.

Anyone who votes for Biden you mean...

Half of the USA.

I said leftists not people who voted for Biden. You really should pay attention.

Please do tell me you're like biden and if you're black you have to vote for Biden or in this case you're a leftist so must vote for Biden. 

5 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

1. I said leftists not people who voted for Biden. You really should pay attention.

2. Please do tell me you're like biden and if you're black you have to vote for Biden or in this case you're a leftist so must vote for Biden. 

1. Oh WOW you're one of the forgiving ones. 

2. I don't know anything about you, so I will approach carefully.  With a stick.

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Oh WOW you're one of the forgiving ones. 

2. I don't know anything about you, so I will approach carefully.  With a stick.

Not really I just clearly but people most often respond to what's in their head and not what I actually said just like you did. Voting for Biden is no indication of integrity. 

True, nor I you but I approach only with my words as that's all I need. Do you not know what biden said regarding blacks? 

Edited by Yakuda

1 minute ago, Yakuda said:

1. Not really I just clearly but people most often respond to what's in their head and not what I actually said just like you did. 

2. True, nor I you but I approach only with my words as that's all I need. Do you not know what biden said regarding blacks? 

1. True and mea culpa.

2. I don't listen to him.

3 hours ago, myata said:

Well it's a good thing the wokejobs started their political witch hunt, right comrade? 

4 hours ago, Deluge said:

witch hunt, right

This is what they call it, the plain and objective truth of what they are: a direct, one-way feed to the throat of the Idol, who turned their brains off voluntarily and wilfully. Oh well. If that's the only way to induce a response, it's worth trying no?

4 hours ago, Yakuda said:

I said leftists not people who voted for Biden. You really should pay attention.

Please do tell me you're like biden and if you're black you have to vote for Biden or in this case you're a leftist so must vote for Biden. 

not people who vote for Biden? who are these "leftists" then? where are they? the faceless enemy again!

16 minutes ago, myata said:

This is what they call it, the plain and objective truth of what they are: a direct, one-way feed to the throat of the Idol, who turned their brains off voluntarily and wilfully. Oh well. If that's the only way to induce a response, it's worth trying no?

i love the "witch hunt" dog whistle! like all dog whistles, the user does not actually know what it means. what does it mean?

ALL police work is a witch hunt! criminals don't just stand around waving their confession papers in front of police stations.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, godzilla said:

i love the "witch hunt" dog whistle! like all dog whistles, the user does not actually know what it means. what does it mean?

So you don't know what it means? Wait - does that mean YOU'RE the user?!?   I'm not sure you thought that through.

23 minutes ago, godzilla said:

ALL police work is a witch hunt! criminals don't just stand around waving their confession papers in front of police stations.

Don't be silly.  The term 'witch hunt' comes from the last 2 centuries where bad things AND corruption AND bad actions were blamed on "witches" which of course did not exist. They would grab some poor woman, pronounce her a witch, and execute her even tho she probably did nothing wrong.  Make a big show of the trial and investigation so the people could really feel it was justified and that person was to blame for their ills.

They also used it as an excuse to kill political enemies. For example - Joan of arc was popular with the people so rather than just kill her they had the church convict her of witchcraft and they burned her at the stake for that. The good christian people couldnt' argue with burning a witch. The mere fact she lead a rebellion that slaughtered tonnes and tonnes of English had NOTHING to do with it. Nothing i say!

So the term refers to  a  FAKE investigation that is for appearances rather than due to honest police work. If they happen to find some actual dirt that's just a side benefit but the purpose is to attack the person, not solve crimes.

Everyone but you knows what  a witch hunt is

6 hours ago, herbie said:

Now you'd get a reply Trump and his MAGAoids.

"Shame? Whassat?"

More than likely. Feelings of shame being a hallmark of the self-loathing left.

They feel shame for the things they've done, then keep doing them again and again.

And again, and again, and

again and again...

;)

This is what happens when you put the cult people in a position of power. They work for the cult, cult only, because it's the only connection that's still active in their brains. And you lose everything.

Remember how it happened? You played with the cult, nourished it. Tried to use it for your own ends, thought you could control it - just like it happened the last time. And then, it took you over, whole and look: you cannot do anything, move a finger out of your own will. A sad and pathetic shadow and end of the past achievement and pride: only this time it was 100% by your own, entirely voluntary choice. No explanations. Zero excuses for the history.

The Republican party is just steps away from becoming a cult zone. And you knew it. And you saw.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

They feel shame for the things they've done, then keep doing them again and again.

And again, and again, and

again and again...

;)

"There's no shame in being a failure - the shame is in staying a failure."

- Lessons the left never learned #117

The shame is in giving one's self in, the whole, the integrity, values and principles, the right to independent thought and a position; to a brainless cult devoid of anything but blind faith in the Idol. That shame will certainly be written in the history. Even more so, with all the lessons and examples of history.

16 minutes ago, myata said:

The shame is in giving one's self in, the whole, the integrity, values and principles, the right to independent thought and a position; to a brainless cult devoid of anything but blind faith in the Idol. That shame will certainly be written in the history. Even more so, with all the lessons and examples of history.

No the shame is in reaching your age without being able to write english properly.  The REAL question is, is this your shame or your teachers.

Now go get a screwdriver and pop off that comma key before it does any more harm.

But of course they have no answers. What meaningful answer could a one-way feed, a gramophone give you? Just think for a moment. Good that you still have a working brain. To use it is a privilege and responsibility: not a given.

4 minutes ago, myata said:

But of course they have no answers. What meaningful answer could a one-way feed, a gramophone give you? Just think for a moment. Good that you still have a working brain. To use it is a privilege and responsibility: not a given.

Oh absolutely.  Hey - a lot of provinces have free mental health services, you should see if yours is one