The House Republicans keep torpedoeing the assistance to Ukraine at one of the most critical points in the Putin's war on freedom

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

That's all the good stuff you get to hear about, which they love to crow from the rooftops. There are many other, far less good things they do in other countries as well. Superpowers, 'n all.

No of course not. That's why pencils have erasers.

But I will take a world under US hegemony over the god-damned commies, that's for sure. Land of the free. Plus we get Mickey Mouse...

;) 

And now we have Mickey House. 🤮

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkman said:

I have a very low opinion of Putin.  My wife’s old college roomie is married to a Russian in his early 50’s.  He was at risk of being drafted and fled Russia through Norway.  Both sides are drafting older men, and women too, that’s disgusting as far as I’m concerned.

The bigger question for me is, why are both sides grinding their people into dust?  WHY?  Because the official reasons do not add up.

It's quite simple when you know about Ukraine's huge gas reserves off the Southern coast.

Kleptocrat Putin is running out of Russian resources to STEAL, and doesn't want competition from Ukraine supplying gas to Europe.

On 2/7/2024 at 9:02 AM, sharkman said:

You can’t argue that Russia has been more aggressive than the American Empire.

Anyone else remember when these chucklfuks would get all indignant when the left used the term empire to describe America's designs for the world? Whatever happened to 'America...fu ck yeah'?

Heck they're even woke to big corporate hegemony these days.

Go back to sleep, you don't have a clue.

36 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Anyone else remember when these chucklfuks would get all indignant when the left used the term empire to describe America's designs for the world? Whatever happened to 'America...fu ck yeah'?

Heck they're even woke to big corporate hegemony these days.

Go back to sleep, you don't have a clue.

Hey, you’re starting to sound a lot like me.  Wake me up before you go-go…

“I’m frustrated when people put out intentionally false information. I expect more. There are policy disagreements on that, I get that. If people think that politics are wrong, and now we’re in a presidential year, so let’s not help Biden in the process, we’re just going to disagree on that. I get frustrated when people put out things that are intentionally false, that they know are false, because I expect more of Americans.” — Sen. James Lankford (R-OK) on the opposition to his border security deal. 

15.png

9 hours ago, sharkman said:

I have a very low opinion of Putin.  My wife’s old college roomie is married to a Russian in his early 50’s.  He was at risk of being drafted and fled Russia through Norway.  Both sides are drafting older men, and women too, that’s disgusting as far as I’m concerned.

The bigger question for me is, why are both sides grinding their people into dust?  WHY?  Because the official reasons do not add up.

Yes, there's something fishy about those Ukrainians (shifty looking bunch). I mean, sure they SAY they're fighting because they don't want to be invaded, conquered and stripped of their self-determination and liberty, but that just doesn't add up...

🤔

Edited by Hodad
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

Yes, there's something fishy about those Ukrainians (shifty looking bunch). I mean, sure they SAY they're fighting because they don't want to be invaded, conquered and stripped of their self-determination and liberty, but that just doesn't add up...

🤔

We may not agree often but funny is funny :)

"Very honorable person" Jong Un: "PDRK has the legal right to destroy South Korea"

Russia's dictator aka "genius" Putin: Poland provoked Hitler to invade it by refusing to negotiate.

This is who they admire and want to kiss ass of. You couldn't see it only at the price of shutting down your brain. For good, most likely as this is a path of no return, to integrity and sanity.

Edited by myata

It wasn't just house republicans who voted against it. Some voted for it as well.

"Four Republicans voted to advance the bill, including lead Republican border negotiator Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) as well as Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine), Mitt Romney (R-Utah) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska). The measure also lost five Democrats, including Sens. Alex Padilla (D-Calif.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)."

So much for your accusations. It lost by a very close margin.

"The bill failed to advance 49-50, falling short of the 60-vote threshold."

But they are still working on it. Looks like democracy in action.   🤷‍♂️