When immigrants are demonized, the U.S. betrays its ideals — and economic reality

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Folks are always wary of outsiders coming into their locale. Second, like all things it is a matter of degrees. 5,000 new immigrants is one reality and 1,000,000 + is another. Given limited resources.. slowing immigration only makes sense. Slowing is not the same as ceasing.

Thank you, milquetoast, for that flaccid observation. 

What needs to happen is all illegals need to be rounded up and shipped back to Mexico. They can apply for whatever the hell they want from the OTHER side of the border. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Huh?  So is there a space between these that is occupied by some sort of silent yet fed-up majority or outside of that in an entirely different dimension? 

Nope. No space. There are just different gradations of Neocon before you're in the middle of the swamp with the rest of the Left.

22 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

People don't get paroled for legal behavior. Id give this.arguement a C-

Well the problem is they're not parolled - they're released on a promise to appear.  "I"m a refugee! I qualify!"  Ok - well come back  in a month and we'll get a hearing set up for you to find out if you qualify.

Then they're released inside the US, and vanish. They never show up, they're gone.

So it's still an illegal entry at that point. He just wants to pretend that if they follow the law for the first five minutes then any subsequent laws they break don't matter

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Well the problem is they're not parolled - they're released on a promise to appear.  "I"m a refugee! I qualify!"  Ok - well come back  in a month and we'll get a hearing set up for you to find out if you qualify.

Then they're released inside the US, and vanish. They never show up, they're gone.

So it's still an illegal entry at that point. He just wants to pretend that if they follow the law for the first five minutes then any subsequent laws they break don't matter

That's correct. It's all bs. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

People don't get paroled for legal behavior. Id give this.arguement a C-

They are released on parole so NOT HERE ILLEGALLY. I give your ignorance an F.

33 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Leftists are racists 

You're the expert at projection.

10 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

That's correct. It's all bs. 

You're a fool to believe anything CdnLIAR writes here.

1 hour ago, Yakuda said:

1. I'll pretend you understand and try again,  if the huge number of people crossing the southern border of the US (fact)

2. are doing so illegally (fact) how is it not an invasion. 

1. I won't challenge that fact.

2. The common use I defer to is incursion of an army for conquest or plunder.  This isn't the colloquial "British Invasion" of The Beatles and Herman's Hermits...it refers to the current immigration context so I'm not willing to loosen the definition to accommodate a social problem.

An individual or family crossing the border to seek asylum isn't an invasion, to my analysis.

43 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Thank you, milquetoast, for that flaccid observation. 

What needs to happen is all illegals need to be rounded up and shipped back to Mexico. They can apply for whatever the hell they want from the OTHER side of the border. 

Thank you.. Mr. overly emotional for your usual chicken little comments. 

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I won't challenge that fact.

2. The common use I defer to is incursion of an army for conquest or plunder.  This isn't the colloquial "British Invasion" of The Beatles and Herman's Hermits...it refers to the current immigration context so I'm not willing to loosen the definition to accommodate a social problem.

An individual or family crossing the border to seek asylum isn't an invasion, to my analysis.

First it's not an individual or family it's thousands upon thousands. Next in the US if you intend to "seek asylum" you do so by presenting yourself at marked point of entry not breaking in. 

5 hours ago, ironstone said:

It seems to me that Trump is opposed to illegal immigration, especially when it's happening on a massive scale.

He is not opposed to immigration, when it is done through legal channels.

That's not accurate. Trump severely restricted legal immigration in his last term (while illegal immigration increased) and his plans if he is reelected seem to me more extreme. 

Trump Cuts Legal Immigrants By Half And He’s Not Done Yet

18 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

First it's not an individual or family it's thousands upon thousands. Next in the US if you intend to "seek asylum" you do so by presenting yourself at marked point of entry not breaking in. 

Ok, if you are saying that the mass phenomenon is an invasion, it's not centrally organized.  Just go back to my common use definition of you have more questions.

I think that the issue with Roxton Road was that they were undeclared in the US

Didn't Trudeau close it?

Edited by Michael Hardner

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok, if you are saying that the mass phenomenon is an invasion, it's not centrally organized.  Just go back to my common use definition of you have more questions.

I think that the issue with Roxton Road was that they were undeclared in the US

Didn't Trudeau close it?

Whether its organized or not is irrelevant. Thats not to say this isnt and that the American left is doing nothing to slow it down. 

Trudeau is a p****y

What a worthless, lying POS you are.

Immigrants aren't being demonized at all by anyone, stupid.

Illegal immigration is a huge problem, for real. The Demmies that stooges like you elected in cities like Chi and NYC, who ballyhooed about the rights of illegal immigrants at the top of their lungs, all had a sudden change of heart when busloads of them came in from Texas.

When it was just someone else's problem it was no problem at all, but when it became theirs to deal with suddenly it was a problem. 

Their short-sightedness is also your short-sightedness. Their stupidity is your stupidity.

I hope that one day you're gifted the wisdom and intelligence to realize just how dreadfully stupid all of your posts here are. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ok, well you now see where your opinion forks off from common use as defined...

Common use is irrelevant. It meets then definition of invasion and that's precisely why what it is. Just like "common usage" says men can have vaginas. They don't regardless of "common usage". 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ok, well you now see where your opinion forks off from common use as defined...

That's disingenuous. ONE of the definitions includes  organization. The others do not.  For example one definition he reported was:

an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere 

People or things? Do you see the word 'organized' in there anywhere? Do things organize? If i say "My garden has been invaded by weeds",  does that mean there's like a central command weed calling the shots?

His definition does not deviate in the slightest from the common use.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

That's disingenuous. ONE of the definitions includes  organization. The others do not.  For example one definition he reported was:

an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere 

People or things? Do you see the word 'organized' in there anywhere? Do things organize? If i say "My garden has been invaded by weeds",  does that mean there's like a central command weed calling the shots?

His definition does not deviate in the slightest from the common use.

I think Mikey just likes playing word games. He really isn't a serious thinker at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

I think Mikey just likes playing word games. He really isn't a serious thinker at all. 

Funny enough i've said precisely the same thing to him a number of times. It's that or everything is about the chuds, and you don't have to pay attention to or answer chuds right?

Sadly for some 'discussion' is more about the debate 'tricks and traps' than it is about the debate. Once in a while he'll actually talk about the points but it's like pulling teeth and it never lasts long.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

No it doesn't.  That's why I don't accept this.

Gimme a break.

Do you call Jan 6th an "insurrection".

Did you refer to people who forced their way into the capitol as 'seditious'? 

Do you say that on Jan 6th "people tried to overthrow the US gov't"?

Did you ever say "pandemic of the unvaccinated"?

Did you ever use the term "anti-vaxer" when referring to people who didn't get the covid jab?

Did you refer to the Freedom Convoy protesters as racists? 

Stop pretending to be too hung up on the proper definition of words to use "invasion of the border" to describe the situation in Texas.

We know from past experience that if the Dems called it "the latinopocalypse" you'd pretend to see machetes and severed heads in their hands.

Edited by WestCanMan

4 hours ago, Hodad said:

That's not accurate. Trump severely restricted legal immigration in his last term (while illegal immigration increased) and his plans if he is reelected seem to me more extreme. 

A reasonable person might think that there is a limit to how many people a country can absorb at any one time.

Barrack Obama deported more people than Trump, but few people dare to mention that inconvenient fact. People have the right to apply and try to enter most countries legally. They shouldn't have the right to barge in.

• Thanks 2