The many problems with Electric vehicles.

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

I do not need to watch your video. I have seen enough already about EV's and their problems. 

It’s not my video, and you clearly are ignorant on the subject.  
The truth of the matter is that the U.S. electrical grid has been increasing capacity at the rate of about 15% per year, for the past five decades.  
He analyzed exactly how much electricity would be required if every car in America became EV, based on the number of cars in the U.S. and average miles driven per year.  His analysis is very solid. Too bad you’re too thick-skulled to educate yourself. 

Next time you look in the mirror and wonder why you’re struggling to pay bills, remember that you’ve decided to be a man who refuses to learn new things.  That’s what’s stopping you.  

On 1/27/2024 at 8:05 AM, Rebound said:

Well, you clearly still haven’t watched the Engineering Explained video, which answers most of your questions.  

That’s the thing — you didn’t invent these questions. The DoE and many other experts have long ago figured this stuff out.  You aren’t the first person to ever sit down and think, “Huh, if all cars are electric, we will need to produce more electricity.”  So no gold sticker for you.  Watch the man’s video and educate yourself.  It’s not partisan, it’s just a clear engineering analysis of the situation. 

I just cannot wait to see the day when there will be hundreds of millions of charging stations all over North America and the rest of the world's streets. Talk about how ugly looking the environment would look like by then? Did your video explain all of that i just mentioned and what we can all look forward too in the near future? Hundreds of millions of EV charging stations everywhere we look. Indeed, we are going to have to produce a hell of a lot of electricity to keep all those EV's up and running. There is nothing to figure out here. EV's are not all that great as the globalists want us to believe. 

One private jet airplane can spew out enough carbon emissions into the atmosphere as 260,000 ICE vehicles can. Just saw and read that on YouTube. There are probably hundreds of thousands of those private jets flying around the world every day. I guess that is how and why the globalist want to get rid of ICE vehicles because of the amount of carbon emissions that they spew out into the environment in their private jets. They can fly and we can just walk or take an electric bus, which btw, seem to be breaking down a lot. 

This is all just a war on ICE vehicles that are really not harming the planet at all. The more carbon in the air, the more plant life will grow and be able to produce more oxygen, and thus, we get to breathe and live. Long live the ICE cult. 🤣

On 1/27/2024 at 1:35 PM, herbie said:

Duh! And I can buy 48 batteries for my computer mouse for $20 at Costco

Same as if they were full of dimwits with their gas tanks on E

Duh #2.... gee why not?

and we just can't supply more electricity... it's just too hard.... breins hurt thinking about it..

Because they got too many, a failure of business planning not of EVs

Remind Ford, Stellantis and GM of that. Might not have such a surplus if they built $30K city EVs instead of $150K F150s, Hummers and land yachts.

Think about it: Supply and demand, all the batteries being made are going into new cars, not your local Lordco. Seen any MotoMaster ones yet? Course not, but yet and never don't mean the same thing. Seen any regulatory rules yet like they did with USB C and Apple?

You can choose not to buy one, or you can choose to f^ck everyone else up out f sheer spite. Just make sure you vote for a dimwit PM with no vision or alternative or a rapist demented fraud for Pres that will END ALL EVs and promise you jobs while they kiss what's left of the N American auto industry to China.

Were you born stoopid or are you trying to become stoopid? Well, duh? 

A failure on their part in trying to go along with the EV bullshit that was forced on them by the stoopid and brainless politicians who enjoy kissing the butts of the globalist pro EV elite, who btw, do not even practice what they preach, bimbo. 

I cannot ever see Lordco or Motomaster ever stocking any of those EV batteries. They would need a stock room of at least 20 square miles to hold them all. Right now, they both only need a few racks to hold ICE batteries. 

China is the country that will end up making all those EV batteries for America. Our dimwitted PM is just another globalist EV suck. Oh, btw, i like your next President who will be Donald Trump. Long live the MAGA ICE vehicle cult. 

Phk you communists. Just saying. 🤣

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

I think electric is fantastic for off-grid motorhomes, RV's and the like because you have one massive battery that can power everything. It's just a lot simpler to operate and use because you power the vehicle, the AC, lighting, heating, cooking, all out of the one battery. 

You're thinking you're genius-level smart cause you figured out that an electric vehicle can run out of electricity. Do you seriously think nobody every thought of that? Well, here's one for you, dum-dum: Gas-powered vehicles can run out of gas. It happens all the time!  And you can't convert sunlight into gasoline in an emergency. 

But at least i can fill up my ICE gas tank in five minutes, and be on my way, where you would have to wait for 30 minutes every three hundred miles to be able to charge up an EV. And you cannot convert sunlight into electricity into your EV in an emergency. So, what is your phkn point here? 🫠

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

It’s not my video, and you clearly are ignorant on the subject.  
The truth of the matter is that the U.S. electrical grid has been increasing capacity at the rate of about 15% per year, for the past five decades.  
He analyzed exactly how much electricity would be required if every car in America became EV, based on the number of cars in the U.S. and average miles driven per year.  His analysis is very solid. Too bad you’re too thick-skulled to educate yourself. 

Next time you look in the mirror and wonder why you’re struggling to pay bills, remember that you’ve decided to be a man who refuses to learn new things.  That’s what’s stopping you.  

Look bozo, you are not listening either. I asked you as to what all the streets of the world are going to look like with hundreds of millions of EV charging stations every on earth? That is something that you are too dumb to think about and what the environment would look like then. Will there be charging stations everywhere in the bush also for bozos like you that may run out of battery power. I can keep cans of gas in my truck. Can you keep cans of electricity in your truck? 😁

1 hour ago, taxme said:

I just cannot wait to see the day when there will be hundreds of millions of charging stations all over North America and the rest of the world's streets. Talk about how ugly looking the environment would look like by then? Did your video explain all of that i just mentioned and what we can all look forward too in the near future? Hundreds of millions of EV charging stations everywhere we look. Indeed, we are going to have to produce a hell of a lot of electricity to keep all those EV's up and running. There is nothing to figure out here. EV's are not all that great as the globalists want us to believe. 

One private jet airplane can spew out enough carbon emissions into the atmosphere as 260,000 ICE vehicles can. Just saw and read that on YouTube. There are probably hundreds of thousands of those private jets flying around the world every day. I guess that is how and why the globalist want to get rid of ICE vehicles because of the amount of carbon emissions that they spew out into the environment in their private jets. They can fly and we can just walk or take an electric bus, which btw, seem to be breaking down a lot. 

This is all just a war on ICE vehicles that are really not harming the planet at all. The more carbon in the air, the more plant life will grow and be able to produce more oxygen, and thus, we get to breathe and live. Long live the ICE cult. 🤣

Hundreds of millions? Like we have hundreds of millions of gas stations? 

“Can of gas”? Like “Battery full of electricity?” You’re such a dork. Hey, did you know that gasoline can catch on fire? Guess nobody should ever use gasoline. 

Edited by Rebound

28 minutes ago, taxme said:

Look bozo, you are not listening either. I asked you as to what all the streets of the world are going to look like with hundreds of millions of EV charging stations every on earth?

responds with another absolutely implausible scenario..... imagine what will happen if an asteroid hits and all that lithium ignites! OMG !!!

• Haha 1

I bought a Macintosh computer in the 1980’s. 

Holy crap! The people who used DOS computers just couldn’t stand Macs. They had every excuse in the world. “Nobody needs a GUI.” “Nobody needs a mouse.” Then they got a GUI and a mouse, although it sucked BADLY. I used to help people spend hours trying to set up graphics cards and printers on PC’s that were literally plug and play on Macs. It used to crack me up.

Bit of revisionist history there :)  Nobody in the world said 'nobody needs a gui or a mouse'.  Which is why they were so quickly adapted. And sure - we all had commodore 64's at one pont i even had a pet 32. But they weren't really viable for mainstream. The PC was the big breakthrough - affordable, useable, networkable and pretty quick that's what was in every business everywhere.

The number of workplaces that ran on make was pretty close to zero.

Then 'clones' came along and so on.  And of course apple would make a big come back one day. And nobody uses dos anymore.

You’re going to make every excuse in the world about why you don’t like EV’s. But the truth is, they work. I don’t have one, personally. I’ve had a plug-in hybrid since 2014 and I have a few ICE vehicles, but I don’t see anything particularly wrong with EV’s.  My biggest objection right now is that I won’t buy a Tesla because Elon Musk is a dickbag, and the only other interesting one is the Lucid. 

Don't be so childish. I've never said i don't like ev's. i've said time and again that for some people they'll be a good fit for their specific situations, and i've said one day the tech will be there. So calm down and dry off those salty social justice tears, they're not needed here.

The fact is - EV is no where near ready to fully replace ice.  As i understand it most of the reletaively small percent of people who have ev's ALSO have an ice vehicle as well 'just in case'.

The tech will arrive. The day will come. That day is not today. Today it's a bit niche still and that's fine, support the niche and wait for the next gen. You're trying to compile advanced graphics files on an apple 2e :) 

12 hours ago, Rebound said:

IMG_0638.thumb.jpeg.b5285ddd8339702e72107d712f139945.jpeg

Batteries.  Solar is useless without storage. So they own the lithium.

They also own the grid. They don't care where the power comes from in the end.

We already know solar isn't viable unless they create a new form of energy storage (which they're working on) The sun goes down and people freeze or bake.

18 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Bit of revisionist history there :)  Nobody in the world said 'nobody needs a gui or a mouse'.  Which is why they were so quickly adapted. And sure - we all had commodore 64's at one pont i even had a pet 32. But they weren't really viable for mainstream. The PC was the big breakthrough - affordable, useable, networkable and pretty quick that's what was in every business everywhere.

The number of workplaces that ran on make was pretty close to zero.

Then 'clones' came along and so on.  And of course apple would make a big come back one day. And nobody uses dos anymore.

Don't be so childish. I've never said i don't like ev's. i've said time and again that for some people they'll be a good fit for their specific situations, and i've said one day the tech will be there. So calm down and dry off those salty social justice tears, they're not needed here.

The fact is - EV is no where near ready to fully replace ice.  As i understand it most of the reletaively small percent of people who have ev's ALSO have an ice vehicle as well 'just in case'.

The tech will arrive. The day will come. That day is not today. Today it's a bit niche still and that's fine, support the niche and wait for the next gen. You're trying to compile advanced graphics files on an apple 2e :) 

Batteries.  Solar is useless without storage. So they own the lithium.

They also own the grid. They don't care where the power comes from in the end.

We already know solar isn't viable unless they create a new form of energy storage (which they're working on) The sun goes down and people freeze or bake.

The simple fact of solar power is this:

Electrical consumption is highest when the sun is shining. And consumption is at its highest when the sun is shining most brightly.  This makes solar power an excellent solution for reducing carbon output at very low cost. It is not being proposed as the replacement of all electricity generation. It doesn’t need to be. Storage comes into play mostly for people building off grid housing, or people who want ultra high reliability. But on the large scale, I don’t think solar + massive battery storage is a solution. 

19 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Electrical consumption is highest when the sun is shining. And consumption is at its highest when the sun is shining most brightly.  This makes solar power an excellent solution for reducing carbon output at very low cost. It is not being proposed as the replacement of all electricity generation. It doesn’t need to be. Storage comes into play mostly for people building off grid housing, or people who want ultra high reliability. But on the large scale, I don’t think solar + massive battery storage is a solution. 

As battery tech becomes less expensive and longer lasting, it will more and more be a solution to high demand ($$$) timing. People will charge from the grid overnight when rates are low, and consume it during peak demand.

22 hours ago, Rebound said:

Holy crap! The people who used DOS computers just couldn’t stand Macs. They had every excuse in the world. “Nobody needs a GUI.” “Nobody needs a mouse.”

No shit, I was at the unveiling of the Mac at Apple in Vancouver and thought "how the hell are you supposed to even program this thing?"
Bought an Amiga a few years later and waited a decade for Windoze to catch up. I remember showing a re-edited clip of Terminator at a computer club and when everyone else asked 'how can I do that on my 386' telling them 'you can't'.
I'll also tell you that of the 30 odd vehicles I've owned in my life the 4 F150/250s were the ones almost as shitty as my 1980 Bronco.

Popular does not mean the same as better. Everyone's eaten at McDonalds, right?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Those are not facts.  The "simple" fact is that consumption is highest in the evening as the sun is or has set in the summer months - that's when air conditioning use is at it's peak. And while i haven't seen charts for the winter in canada i'd bet highest consumption on average is in the evening as well when it's cold and everyone's home and it's dark at 4:30

Here's the other "Simple fact" - sometimes it's cloudy.

This makes solar UNRELIABLE.  Sure - it's worth having a bunch because it does reduce carbon emissions when it's available and that's great but you CANNOT USE IT to replace our traditional reliable sources.  There must be capacity there to generate the power you need because it might be night time or cloudy when you need it.

Some day we'll develop truly efficient power storage and that will change everything as far as solar goes but today it's useful as a suppliment to reliable power sources but not as a replacement.

15 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Those are not facts.  The "simple" fact is that consumption is highest in the evening as the sun is or has set in the summer months - that's when air conditioning use is at it's peak. And while i haven't seen charts for the winter in canada i'd bet highest consumption on average is in the evening as well when it's cold and everyone's home and it's dark at 4:30

Here's the other "Simple fact" - sometimes it's cloudy.

This makes solar UNRELIABLE.  Sure - it's worth having a bunch because it does reduce carbon emissions when it's available and that's great but you CANNOT USE IT to replace our traditional reliable sources.  There must be capacity there to generate the power you need because it might be night time or cloudy when you need it.

Some day we'll develop truly efficient power storage and that will change everything as far as solar goes but today it's useful as a suppliment to reliable power sources but not as a replacement.

6pm, generally.  In the summer, when electricity usage is highest, the sun’s still shining at 6pm.
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=42915

4 hours ago, Rebound said:

6pm, generally.  In the summer, when electricity usage is highest, the sun’s still shining at 6pm.
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=42915

Sun's well past it's apogeee by then and not shining nearly as bright, and electrical use remains high for quite some time after. It may still produce power but not enough to satisfy the need.  Your "average" doesn't account for spikes and extremely hot days.

this isn't theory - california has been through this.

Why California has blackouts: A look at the power grid

Renewable energy supply: The state's grid is powered, in part, by renewable energy, including solar power and hydropower.

The solar supply decreases toward the end of the day, prompting the calls to reduce energy use after 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. There can also be uncertainty with solar supply due to factors such as cloud cover and smoke from wildfires, as the state battles several blazes.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/california-blackouts-power-grid/story?id=89460998

After you hit about 4 pm, the amount of solar energy you're collecting starts to nosedive.  And that is MUCH more effected by cloud or smoke as well,  so energy production just isn't sufficient.

I do appreciate tho that you took the time to look some things up and made a reasoned argument. As it turns out there were more factors than you considered but at least it was a logical point.

The simple fact of solar power has sweet f*ck all to do with the discussion about problems with EVs. And completely skips over the fact you can store the power from solar.

I'm answering to that one point only to avoid your usual gish gallop of nonsense.

I'll also put out there that all these "problems" seem non-existent to Swedes, Danes, Finns and Norwedian who all live in a much colder climate than the USA. Could it be the upbringing of those leftist liberal socialist countries makes them more capable of adapting and using common sense than the obstructionist dogma  is of right wingers?

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sun's well past it's apogeee by then and not shining nearly as bright, and electrical use remains high for quite some time after. It may still produce power but not enough to satisfy the need.  Your "average" doesn't account for spikes and extremely hot days.

this isn't theory - california has been through this.

Why California has blackouts: A look at the power grid

Renewable energy supply: The state's grid is powered, in part, by renewable energy, including solar power and hydropower.

The solar supply decreases toward the end of the day, prompting the calls to reduce energy use after 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. There can also be uncertainty with solar supply due to factors such as cloud cover and smoke from wildfires, as the state battles several blazes.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/california-blackouts-power-grid/story?id=89460998

After you hit about 4 pm, the amount of solar energy you're collecting starts to nosedive.  And that is MUCH more effected by cloud or smoke as well,  so energy production just isn't sufficient.

I do appreciate tho that you took the time to look some things up and made a reasoned argument. As it turns out there were more factors than you considered but at least it was a logical point.

Cause FOUR YEARS AGO, California had a blackout.  

3 hours ago, herbie said:

The simple fact of solar power has sweet f*ck all to do with the discussion about problems with EVs. And completely skips over the fact you can store the power from solar.

Power supply to power ev's has everything to do with the problems with ev's

And no, we can't efficiently store power from solar in any meaningful amount.  That is a major major problem.

I'm answering to that one point only to avoid your usual gish gallop of nonsense.

It's always easy to tell when you know you're being an 1diot - you use cheezy "gobbledegook" phrases :) 

I'll also put out there that all these "problems" seem non-existent to Swedes, Danes, Finns and Norwedian who all live in a much colder climate than the USA.

nope - same problems.

Cause FOUR YEARS AGO, California had a blackout.  

I'm sorry - has the sun changed how it sets during that time? And "a" blackout?

You were doing well, don't eff it up with mindless stupid now.

I have adequately proven that solar power is problematic as the peak hours are often when the sun isn't strong enough to power the grid an in many cases (fog smoke cloud) it's not useful at all.

That's a simple fact. Hop and dance to your heart's content, that isn't going to change.

So until a viable and affordable storage option becomes available that allows us to store large amounts of solar to use when we need it (the way a dam stores water for the dry seasons) solar at best is going to help to reduce oil and gas use, but we'll still need to have the full capacity covered by oil and gas (or other reliable) generators.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 4:43 PM, Rebound said:

Hundreds of millions? Like we have hundreds of millions of gas stations? 

“Can of gas”? Like “Battery full of electricity?” You’re such a dork. Hey, did you know that gasoline can catch on fire? Guess nobody should ever use gasoline. 

We do not have hundreds of gasoline stations on every corner or neighborhood. There are no gas stations in front of my door, dork. As i have said already. I have seen plenty of cans of gasoline but I have never seen cans full of electricity. LOL. 

I did not know that cans of gasoline can catch on fire? Wow! Where did you hear that from? CNN or MSNBC? 

It's more like nobody should be using EV's because they are catching on fire all the time. I cannot remember which country it was, but they are getting rid of all of their buses because they catch on fire and are too costly to service. It's bloody ridiculous that i have to keep reminding you about the problems with EV'S, dork. Cuckoo-cuckoo. 

On 1/29/2024 at 4:59 PM, herbie said:

responds with another absolutely implausible scenario..... imagine what will happen if an asteroid hits and all that lithium ignites! OMG !!!

Personally, i believe that that you are absolutely stoopid. It was a straight forward question as to what the streets in every major city on earth would look like with hundreds of millions of EV charging stations around. A simple question that even a simple minded person like yourself should at least be able to reply to without the snide reply. But what else can one expect from a stoopid lefty liberal who is only able to reply with just another useless and stoopid reply that makes no sense.

Talk to me when you grow up, child. 🤣🤣🤣

If an asteroid does ever hit the earth and ignites all the lithium up, then how are you going to get around town? It will be back to the good old ICE vehicles.  OMG!!! LOL. 

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

Personally, i believe that that you are absolutely stoopid. It was a straight forward question as to what the streets in every major city on earth would look like with hundreds of millions of EV charging stations around. A simple question that even a simple minded person like yourself should at least be able to reply to without the snide reply. But what else can one expect from a stoopid lefty liberal who is only able to reply with just another useless and stoopid reply that makes no sense.

Talk to me when you grow up, child. 🤣🤣🤣

If an asteroid does ever hit the earth and ignites all the lithium up, then how are you going to get around town? It will be back to the good old ICE vehicles.  OMG!!! LOL. 

Dum dum…

There are 330 million people in the U.S., so why would we need hundreds of millions of chargers? We don’t have hundreds of millions of gas stations, do we? 

But the answer is that a car charger is way less impact than a fricking gas station, which needs great big underground storage tanks and fire suppression equipment and smells like… gasoline.  

a car charger is way less impact than a fricking gas station, which needs great big underground storage tanks and fire suppression equipment and smells like… gasoline

Ever seen a lithium battery on fire, friend? It will make a light so brilliant and hot, brighter than the sun. And cannot be extinguished with water. There won't even be ashes of the corpses left in an accident.

And if you breath the smoke, it will melt your lungs. Full of hydrofluoric acid.

"The release of hydrogen fluoride from a Li-ion battery fire can therefore be a severe risk and an even greater risk in confined or semi-confined spaces. - Hydrogen fluoride mixes readily with water forming hydrofluoric acid."

Toxicology of the Lithium Ion Battery Fire

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rebound said:

Dum dum…

There are 330 million people in the U.S., so why would we need hundreds of millions of chargers? We don’t have hundreds of millions of gas stations, do we? 

But the answer is that a car charger is way less impact than a fricking gas station, which needs great big underground storage tanks and fire suppression equipment and smells like… gasoline.  

17 hours ago, Rebound said:

Dum dum…

There are approx. 330 million people in America and most of them have two to three cars in one family, not to forget about all of the trucks and buses on the roads. I cannot see all the truck drivers in America having to stop every 300 miles or so to have to charge up their EV trucks or buses. They both run on schedules. They do not have the time to sit around and wait for their vehicles to charge up. Time is money. America will probably need hundreds of millions of those EV charging units to try and help keep the economy up and running. America does not need hundreds of millions of gas stations around in America. A few hundred thousand gas stations will no doubt do the trick.

Look dum-dum, those chargers still need to use fossil fuels to work and thus are still adding carbon into the atmosphere. Those underground storage tanks are not sitting on some gas stations lot. They are in the ground so nobody can see them or smell them. The only time i smell gas is when i stop to fill up my ICE vehicles gas tank. Otherwise, i never can smell it anywhere once i leave the gas stations.

EV's are just another globalist elite scam invention to try and force us all to get rid of our ICE vehicles and go EV. No thanks, i am quite happy with my ICE vehicle. Even those globalist elite scum do not practice what they preach. I cannot see globalist elites ever taking a seat in the economy section of any ordinary plane and sitting there with we the peasants. 

Like the Kennedy assassination, the Twin Towers, Covid, the climate crisis, EV's and probably aliens will be next, they were all just a part of more globalist created bullshit to keep us all dumb and believing in lies and to suck the dollars out of our pockets. The more people like you keep believing their globalist lies and bullshit, the richer they will get while the more poorer you will become. Just more of my conspiracy beliefs at work here. LOL. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rebound said:

Dum dum…

Off topic, but again i will ask you, What would you do if you had a partner in some business that did not pull their weight? Would you keep on trying to support your partner or would you ask them to pull their weight or else? I know what i would be saying. So, are you going to answer my question or ignore it?  Just wondering.